GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #2

'Kayak killer' poses underwater in bizarre bathtub photoshoot after prison release | Daily Mail Online

A woman who was jailed for pulling the plug on her fiance's kayak and letting him drown has posed for a bizarre photoshoot lying under water in a bathtub after being released on parole.

Angelika Graswald, 39, was convicted and jailed for two-and-a-half years for killing Vincent Viafore on April 19, 2015 after she was found to have unplugged the drain plug in his kayak in New York's Hudson River.

Graswald, who has now been released from prison on parole, has spoken out saying she has no regrets about what happened to her fiance and says she has since found God.

The Latvian immigrant, dubbed the 'kayak killer', posed for a photoshoot and interview with Elle Magazine following her release.

One of the photos shows her staring at the camera with her face just below the surface of the water in a bathtub.

'I don't think back. I look forward.... I don't regret what happened. I don't think "What if" anymore,' the Latvian immigrant said in the interview, which was published on Tuesday.

'That's the beauty of being a Christian. You know you have a bright future.'

[...]

View attachment 171257

Wow. Disgusting of Elle Mag and Angelika. IMO, she needs to be deported and Elle needs to be shunned. So gross.

Here is the Elle article:

Slippery When Wet - Angelika Graswald Profile

We’re attempting to hike Breakneck Ridge, a vertiginous slab of rock that looks down onto Bannerman Island. Across the dark gray river is Orange County, where Graswald has been living on parole for the past year, working for room and board at a small camp with ties to her church.

Graswald lives in a small cabin decorated partly by its owners (a buck’s head, a braided rug) and partly with belongings from her old apartment (Latvia fridge magnets, a framed photo of her and Viafore, prom-formal on a Bahamas cruise). She works long hours at the camp, tending to farm animals and overseeing children’s birthday parties.

Her cabin looks out onto a lake where she sometimes kayaks, and where she was baptized in September, she says, “born-again Christian.”

She takes pictures constantly: nature photos, nature selfies, and nature selfies with Beacon, a Labradoodle belonging to her lawyer Richard Portale, for whom Graswald dog-sits.

Once her parole is over, the first order of business is to go to Washington, DC, to sort out her immigration status. She wants to go back to Latvia to meet her nephew, who was born while she was in jail. Her family is desperate for her to leave the U.S. permanently. But before she leaves the country, she wants to see the Grand Canyon, and she wants to go back to Bannerman Island one last time. As she takes pictures of the castle, she says over her shoulder, “Some of the people who run the park don’t want me to go back there.”

The Confession Tapes: What happened to Angelika Graswald? Where is she now?

On December 21, 2017, she was released from Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women.

The Confession Tapes also picks up on where Angelika is now, after having been released.

She currently lives in a Christian camp and footage shows her tending to horses.

She said: “This is the cabin that is called the Hide-out and I come out here to just be alone, be with God. “Having faith is what got me through this. Thinking back, when the interrogation was happening just the thought that I could have gotten up and left at any point never crossed my mind. “I never thought that I could just leave. I thought that by speaking and telling them everything that I knew or I would just clear it up. I wouldn’t need a lawyer, I would just be free but boy was I naive.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back