Identified! NY - Wappinger, Female, 16-25, found in creek, Feb'18 - Ashanti Moore

There are several care facilities within reasonably close proximity:
McClelland Home for Adults in Beacon, NY
Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center in Wappingers Falls, NY
Pine Ridge Adult Care in Wappingers Falls, NY
Greystone in Poughkeepsie, NY

to name a few. I agree checking to see if there are any missing residents from these care facilities (or anyone recently discharged) would be a very good idea.
Maybe even an eating disorder facility given her weight. However, the low body weight could be neglect, heart condition....several possibilities there.

I found Haileyann's social media and it's been updated regularly and recently. It doesn't appear to be her, but I wouldn't rule her out completely since social media always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hi, is there a way to verify...I searched for her on social media and did a reverse picture search but couldn't find it. What search terms you used?

This is where she was found. There is a family counseling center/facility in the neighborhood. Also a Shell station...could she be dumped there in the creek unseen? Does anybody know what the creek is like, is it wild water?

Attachments

• Wappinger creek.JPG
    Wappinger creek.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi, is there a way to verify...I searched for her on social media and did a reverse picture search but couldn't find it. What search terms you used?

https://m.facebook.com/hailey.savage.58/

Certainly someone else could be using her Facebook...but I didn't notice unusually small ears on Haileyann, either.

(I hope this is allowed...mods, please delete if I'm violating TOS.)

I live one town north of this location. It isn’t rural enough that a normal person would get lost in the woods without some additional factors, like being very drunk or otherwise disoriented.

I live one town north of this location. It isn’t rural enough that a normal person would get lost in the woods without some additional factors, like being very drunk or otherwise disoriented.

Do you think the water of the creek is wild enough to drag/take a body from another place to there?

Welcome and thank you for the insight! It's good to have a perspective that maps can't provide...are people talking about this situation locally?

Do you think the water of the creek is wild enough to drag/take a body from another place to there?

I doubt it. It’s been pretty frozen this winter. It isn’t deep enough for people to go tubing or anything

I doubt it. It’s been pretty frozen this winter. It isn’t deep enough for people to go tubing or anything

Welcome, where are my manners. I agree with Truman. Is the creek deep enough to hide a body that would turn up after thawing?

Welcome and thank you for the insight! It's good to have a perspective that maps can't provide...are people talking about this situation locally?

Not really. It made our paper, but there’s enough other stuff going on to keep it from being a leading story. Bad storm right after they found her knocked power out for a lot of people. A link to our paper’s article with some video below

Check out this article from Poughkeepsie Journal:

Police seek help ID'ing female body found in Dutchess stream

http://pojonews.co/2oC4uzc

Very likely nothing but MYC is the name of a personal weather station in Marlboro. I'm not a map person but it looks like it's close to the town of Wappinger. https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYMARLB2

Her jeans are from Target and where I live (in the PNW) Merrills are worn as everyday shoes. I have the same ones that I used to wear all of the time and now that they're ancient I wear them around the yard. Weird that she didn't have a more substantial jacket on. She had practically no body fat to keep her warm, poor girl.

Very likely nothing but MYC is the name of a personal weather station in Marlboro. I'm not a map person but it looks like it's close to the town of Wappinger. https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYMARLB2

Her jeans are from Target and where I live (in the PNW) Merrills are worn as everyday shoes. I have the same ones that I used to wear all of the time and now that they're ancient I wear them around the yard. Weird that she didn't have a more substantial jacket on. She had practically no body fat to keep her warm, poor girl.

Marlboro is close on a straight line basis but probably 20 minutes in the car. It’s on the other side of the Hudson River. It would be quite a walk. It’s all sad...

Is it strange that they don't have a hair description but they know she had small ears? She is not described as skeletal so does this mean she was perhaps bald or had very short hair?

I’m getting an error page. Wonder if they identified her. Hope so!

Edit- never mind error must have been my device. It is still there. Sorry!

MYC is also a code for an airport in Venezuela. Drug mule?

Pfff yes could be....white trousers...warmer climate.....suddenly I have to think about this heartbreaking movie. 'Maria full of grace'...about drug mule girls..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back