Identified! NY - Wappinger, Female, 16-25, found in creek, Feb'18 - Ashanti Moore

She might have been bald, but hair falls out quite early in decomposition and gets blown away or carried away by birds and animals. Most of the UIDs who were found after months in the forum have "unknown" for hair color.

She might have been bald, but hair falls out quite early in decomposition and gets blown away or carried away by birds and animals. Most of the UIDs who were found after months in the forum have "unknown" for hair color.

It is a good point and is unfortunate that those two are grouped together because they are distinctly different.

NamUs says "Unknown or Completely Bald." I don't know much about decomposition, but I wonder if maybe the UID's scalp rotted enough that that portion of her skin became detached in the water and separated from the body. If that's the case, investigators wouldn't be able to tell hair color. (Pubic hair could be gone through personal grooming.)

Depending on the circumstances, about decay (will spare you all the details, video etc.)

Stage 6: Dry decay - 50-365 days after death

State of decay
The body is now dry and decays very slowly. Eventually all the hair disappears leaving the bones only.

Insect activity
Animals which can feed on hair include tineid moths, and micro-organisms like bacteria. Mites, inturn, feed on these micro-organisms.

They remain on the body as long as traces of hair remain, which depends on the amount of hair that covers the particular species. Humans and pigs have relatively little hair and this stage is short for these species.

What I try to say is....hair is lost last...in the last stage of decomposition, but she was in the water so this might be completely different, or she was dumped there after decomposition went on for a while....indeed birds, animals in general could have taken it... I find the theory of CoffeeAD also very interesting, looking for a girl with no hair because of an illness.

Sorry upfront if this is very confronting.

Anyone else find it interesting that this UID has no hair?

This young lady was going to "Canada". https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33645/59
She wore wigs due to her hair loss from Lupus. I can't find any pictures of her ears, though.
She's mixed race, 5' 2" and 185 at the time of her disappearance in 2015. She'd be 18 years old now.

Very interesting thought...sharp.... for this specific girl....she was quite heavy with her 185 pounds comparing to 90...I don't know anything about Lupus (could Google it) and you could off course loose a lot of weight because of illness or very stressful of traumatic circumstances between 2015 and 2018.

Very interesting thought...sharp.... for this specific girl....she was quite heavy with her 185 pounds comparing to 90...I don't know anything about Lupus (could Google it) and you could off course loose a lot of weight because of illness or very stressful of traumatic circumstances between 2015 and 2018.

After looking at the aerial map of where the UID's remains were found. I'm not inclined to think that a more advanced deterioration of the body hair was a result of a constant torrent of water, as the stream appears to just be a small runoff tributary flowing into a larger stream. This, however, is just a theory.

Since I will assume that no pubic hair was found, it's not out of the question that she could've been hairless.

I'm no expert on Lupus, but a friend of mine had it. In her experience, she could be well for a few years and then experience an illness and complications requiring hospitalization. I likened it to cancer that goes into remission and then can rear it's ugly head at any time. Often, getting worse as you get older.

In Shimeaka's case...They did mention she had "joint pain" and "couldn't walk very far". Also noting that, "She may be in need of medical attention." If she was going to "Canada" to meet someone...I doubt joint pain or Lupus would be on her 15 year old mind. There is no DNA sample for Shimeaka, but they do have dentals (available, but not entered yet.)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33645/5
http://charleyproject.org/case/shimeaka-renee-gibson

I'm wondering if it's possible she had cancer and had no hair due to chemotherapy. Her weight is low too. Just moo

I'm wondering if it's possible she had cancer and had no hair due to chemotherapy. Her weight is low too. Just moo

Or she was starved by someone :(

JMO.

I googled small ears and small ears myc etc trying to get a better idea of what “small ears” are. I found what I would consider deformed ears. I wonder if that what they mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA

RSBM

If the external ear was significantly small then I wonder if there were inner ear problems... maybe HoH (hard of hearing) or deaf?

A quick google lead me to Ahalieme Barksdale-Bey. Philly isn't too far away, she could have lost weight since Dec, she was known to wear wigs - maybe due to hair loss? All just guesses. But, there's no mention of small ears, and she is older than this UID.

I couldn't find a NamUs page for Ahalieme.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-46-Philadelphia-7-Dec-2017-*Deaf-non-verbal*

ETA: MYCP Muslim Youth Center in Philly

I was just tested for lupus (multiple blood tests over many months; not easy to diagnose). There are many possible symptoms and it can mimick other diseases. (Turns out I don't have it but I do have an unrelated autoimmune disease). Thinning hair is one of the more common symptoms of lupus however I've never heard of anyone going bald from it although I suppose it's possible (I've researched the more common symptoms pretty extensively in recent months.) Severe weight loss isn't common either. Cancer patient or alopetia (spelling?) maybe?

Anorexia can cause hair loss. Though as I mentioned upthread, lack of hair in the remains doesn't necessarily mean the living woman was bald.

My ex-DIL has very small ears. They're normal, just small and round, with attached lobes so small she can't really wear earrings. It's not really something you notice about her right away, but quite apparent after it's pointed out.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

What about this woman? http://colorado.missing.report/april-nicole-post-fort-collins/

"Although a police report may not have been published, we’ve been informed that police have been made aware of April’s disappearance."

She is a little bit older (30) but she has a medical condition (Ultra Colitis) and very, very short hair. 5'2 and 110 pounds. Her ears look normal to me though.

In patients with ulcerative colitis, ulcers and inflammation of the inner lining of the colon lead to symptoms of abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding. ... Together, they are frequently referred to as inflammatory bowel disease

@Blef. Sorry for asking just interested, is Cherish close to you. (what a horrific case..had to cry because when I read that even the medical examiner and the jury had to cry..seeing the postmortem pics (and I'm not that softhearted at all) What about her close ones....JEEE....

I wish they would release a sketch of this woman. It's so hard to guess what they may mean by "small ears". Do they mean just a little smaller than normal or do they mean a deformity due to a medical condition?

Janie Sellers seems to have small ears in one of her pictures (not tiny ears but not large ones either):
cache.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42093/

Her weight is over the estimate but she looks smaller than the weight range given in her profile (135.0 to 145.0), IMO.

I wish they would release a sketch of this woman. It's so hard to guess what they may mean by "small ears". Do they mean just a little smaller than normal or do they mean a deformity due to a medical condition?

Janie Sellers seems to have small ears in one of her pictures (not tiny ears but not large ones either):
cache.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42093/

Her weight is over the estimate but she looks smaller than the weight range given in her profile (135.0 to 145.0), IMO.

Yes it would be helpful to have a sketch/reconstruction, maybe they are working on it. The ear thing is confusing the least. Not being disrespectful in any way...but why this woman?

Yes it would be helpful to have a sketch/reconstruction, maybe they are working on it. The ear thing is confusing the least. Not being disrespectful in any way...but why this woman?

I am just looking for small ears but maybe I will stop until we have more info.

The newspaper articles are interesting. She is called runaway because she ‘fled’ but then the police make statements that foul play is ‘NOT’ suspected? Does it seem odd to anyone else that this would even be a consideration unless it was suggested somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they probably have evidence she ran away on her own accord, she wasn't kidnapped or forcibly taken by someone. I imagine they mentioned no foul play just to provide context or reassure the public there's not a kidnapper on the prowl.

https://riverheadlocal.com/2017/08/...eported-missing-timothy-hill-childrens-ranch/

Again a permission error on the Namus file https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17511 and a media update 3-20-2018 http://www.newyorkupstate.com/hudso...state_ny_stream_investigation_autopsy_co.html

but nothing clear about is she is identified.

Three weeks after New York State Police first sought out the public's help to identify an 89-pound woman's body found in an Upstate New York creek, police say they have no new information to share with the public.
But that doesn't mean they have no new information regarding the body that was found in a Wappinger Creek tributary stream on February 27. Leads have come in from a number of sources, including members of the public, missing persons reports and law enforcement tips, according to Trooper Aaron J. Hicks of New York State Police Troop K.

It sounds like they might have hidden the Namus page from the public pending the final autopsy results. The wording in the release certainly doesn't make me think they've identified her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back