Observations About Boulder (and a theory)

I dont think so. They did but then an older neighbor really liked it so they decided to let him keep it? JBR would go over and visit it.
I own dogs, if ANYONE is outside they bark. I dont even know what they'd do if anyone tried to get in the house but my feeling is if people have children they should definately bother to turn the alarm system on.
That is why I prefer owning dogs, you dont have to remember to "set them" :)
See otg's posts about Jaques as well. AND, regardless of who Jacques "belonged" to at that point or even where he spent the night...regardless of how many other dogs were in the neighborhood...they aren't going to bark...if there's no one to bark at!

I never said PR acts like a crack head, I said she acted like she had some mental issues going on, and I know for a fact that mothers can kill and not give a dang. I don't believe in the intruder theory.

You say your in LE? And you find nothing strange about the R's behavior? How many murders have you dealt with (this is actual curiosity)?

Of course. Absolutely, parents can and do kill their children every day. It is a horrible reality. I am just not sure that in this particular case, the Rs did it.

I can't estimate with any accuracy how many murders I've actually worked because I'm not always the lead on murders. In the past year, I've had some role in the investigation and prosecution of four but that's because I'm working on a very specific case.

Ave,

Thank you for the reply and for for the work that you do.

Now let me pick your brain (LOL) Why not? What wasn't suspicious too you? If you don't mind my asking?

Feddup,

Have you notice the similarities between the Lindbergh's and the R's. Very interesting and its suspect that the father killed that baby. You really should read about them, theres a link posted here, if I can find it I'll repost for you.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

So just how drunk was I when I wrote that, and I don't even drink, ever. Its supposed to read "very interesting and it's suspected that the father killed the baby.

Feddup,

Have you notice the similarities between the Lindbergh's and the R's. Very interesting and its suspect that the father killed that baby. You really should read about them, theres a link posted here, if I can find it I'll repost for you.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

I have never heard that but Ive only read one book. The baby was taken out of the house, a note was written and I think he got the money but the baby was found dead:(
I do remember that they donated the house to a childrens home or it was made into an orphanage as after the kidnapping they didnt want to live there.
but....i do remember they seemed to have alot of dogs and wonder why they didnt bark that night. They seemed to be Westies and Scotties and they tend to bark alot altho they wouldnt have been a protective breed but I also think they had one German Shepherd, now THAT one wouldve barked as it is a protective breed especially with the fams baby.

The Lindburg "kidnapper" wasn't THAT bold- didn't need to be. That was an inside job, too, if you ever study the case.
That was the first famous case of an accidental death staged to look like a kidnapping/murder. Same thing- missing child, RN, no family member contacted, and the child later found dead with no ransom money changing hands.

I, like many others just thought he was kidnapped:( The Lindberghs were amazing people. I thought they caught the kidnapper??
but again, I only read one book on it. It had alot of pics and I do remember seeing a pic of Anne and the baby out by the pool.
I was trying to think of real kidnappings and this is the one I thought of as everyone wonders why if JBR was kidnapped why wasnt she taken out of the house and they had to delivr money to someone to get her back. I also remember seeing a tall ladder going straight up to the babys room but how did he know that was the babys room? It looked like a really big 2 story house. hmmm

I, like many others just thought he was kidnapped:( The Lindberghs were amazing people. I thought they caught the kidnapper??
but again, I only read one book on it. It had alot of pics and I do remember seeing a pic of Anne and the baby out by the pool.
I was trying to think of real kidnappings and this is the one I thought of as everyone wonders why if JBR was kidnapped why wasnt she taken out of the house and they had to delivr money to someone to get her back. I also remember seeing a tall ladder going straight up to the babys room but how did he know that was the babys room? It looked like a really big 2 story house. hmmm

JB wasn't taken from the house because she wasn't really kidnapped and it wasn't a real ransom note.

As far as the Lindberg case, they DID frame someone (Bruno Hauptman) and put him to death for the murder. His wife declared his innocence to the end. The Lindbergs may very well have been amazing people, and that certainly played a part in how they were so successful at framing an innocent man for this crime. Actually, the framing was the crime. The baby's death was accidental. I don't know whether Mrs.Lindberg ever knew the truth.

JB wasn't taken from the house because she wasn't really kidnapped and it wasn't a real ransom note.

As far as the Lindberg case, they DID frame someone (Bruno Hauptman) and put him to death for the murder. His wife declared his innocence to the end. The Lindbergs may very well have been amazing people, and that certainly played a part in how they were so successful at framing an innocent man for this crime. Actually, the framing was the crime. The baby's death was accidental. I don't know whether Mrs.Lindberg ever knew the truth.

Good post DeeDee. I have believed for a long time that Charles Lindbergh dropped the baby while throwing him up in the air (he did this a lot, and his wife was terrified each time). You know the rn was found on the window sill but the police had already searched the room and it was Charles that found the note afterwards! He had so much money, clout, and the fact that he was such an American hero, that it was easy for him (with help from others) to frame Bruno. Poor Bruno, I can't ever forget him or his wife and how they suffered for something they had no part in. I think I said in an earlier post that it's very likely that JR knew the Lindbergh story very well as he was an avid aviator as well. Just might have taken a few clues from the L. kidnapping!

And hasn't JonBenet been called "this generation's Lindbergh" or "the most infamous child murder since Lindbergh"? Hmmm.....is that just a coincidence that the most notorious child murders have a lot of similarities?

I used to comment here a long time ago (2000-2001). I'm not surprised that the JonBenet case is still being debated even today.

I recently visited Boulder and was staying with some friends about a mile from JonBenet's house. I decided to go for a run one evening. Because it was after dark, my friends were emphatic that it was not safe. That piqued my curiosity since I've run in the dark in practically every major city in the USA. I asked why and my friend replied that Boulder is a university town and "weird things happen." Later, I mentioned the conversation to another friend, and she too was emphatic that I should not run at night in Boulder. Again I asked why and I got the exact same answer: "Boulder is a college town."

Women in Boulder apparently know that it's not wise to be out and about after dark even on the very nice residential streets where JonBenet lived. I jogged by the house several times and I did notice there are frat houses on the west end of the street.

I suppose it was just from knowing what happened in the house, but even in the daylight, the house does have a weird aura about it. At night it is practically camouflaged. It's set back from the street and is very dark. It is not impossible to imagine some crack head sneaking in and hanging out inside the house while the residents were away.

Furthermore, I have entertained the thought that JonBenet woke in the night, hungry, and went downstairs to get some pineapple, and there encountered the mysterious crack head. The crack head took her to the basement, raped her, killed her, and then wrote the ransom note and got out of there.

It's not a perfect scenario, but since I've seen the house and spent a few months in Boulder, it's actually more likely than I believed before.

Really? Why?? What purpose would that have served? I think that he would be more concerned about getting "out of there", instead of sitting down at the table to pen a almost three page ransom note. Just sayin'

See otg's posts about Jaques as well. AND, regardless of who Jacques "belonged" to at that point or even where he spent the night...regardless of how many other dogs were in the neighborhood...they aren't going to bark...if there's no one to bark at!

The houses in the Ramsey neighborhood are thisclose. When two of the policemen walked over to one of the neighbors houses, to interview them...next door to the Rams....their dog went crazy barking at them. Oh, but...it didn't bark the night before.

Ave, since youve seen the house I think you have a better feel for how
much could be heard, how close the houses are etc.
From looking at pics, it is hard to tell how close the other houses are and i know that even though I live in a neighborhood where all the houses are VERY close, sometimes I cant hear things at night especially in the winter
when everyone has their heat on, windows closed, etc.
Also....Im wondering *if* the houses are so close, why when the lady who said she heard the long scream didnt race and call 911? I know I would. Just to be on safe side. That strikes me as odd. Who hears a long scream and ignores it? wow!
I think a loud scream that could be heard would set my dogs off. im so glad I have protective breed of dogs. Mine have 2 types of bark, nuisance and serious. Ive learned to discern when theyre being serious. Some dogs, they dont bark. Usually they will ignore things. I find it odd that a man was able to come into the little girls house out in California and the family dog didnt raise a fuss when she was taken. FROM HER ROOM.

The houses in the Ramsey neighborhood are thisclose. When two of the policemen walked over to one of the neighbors houses, to interview them...next door to the Rams....their dog went crazy barking at them. Oh, but...it didn't bark the night before.

My previous dog would not bark unless people came onto our property. He was 90# German Shep, one of the best dogs Ive ever had.
I couldnt have him barking at neighbours, etc. but....come up to our fence or front door and he would bark ALOT.
If someone was next door, he would ignore them. I would say IF someone over there was making alot of noise and he didnt recognise their voice, he would bark.
I think he would alert though if he heard a child scream during the night.
It is sad to think when JBR screamed none of those dogs barked:(

From looking at pics, it is hard to tell how close the other houses are and i know that even though I live in a neighborhood where all the houses are VERY close, sometimes I cant hear things at night especially in the winter
Also....Im wondering *if* the houses are so close, why when the lady who said she heard the long scream didnt race and call 911? I know I would. Just to be on safe side. That strikes me as odd. Who hears a long scream and ignores it? wow!
I think a loud scream that could be heard would set my dogs off. im so glad I have protective breed of dogs. Mine have 2 types of bark, nuisance and serious. Ive learned to discern when theyre being serious. Some dogs, they dont bark. Usually they will ignore things. I find it odd that a man was able to come into the little girls house out in California and the family dog didnt raise a fuss when she was taken. FROM HER ROOM.
Once, a couple of winters ago, I had occasion to be driving along about 6:30 a.m. My Pom was in the car with me. I was approaching a red light, driving past an apartment complex. I had slowed down to prepare to stop for the light when suddenly my Pom went nuts, giving off his "you are invading our space" bark. I immediately looked around to see if someone was approaching the car, but I saw no one.

About six hours later I drove past that same spot. The apartment complex was cordoned off with police tape. Cop cars were everywhere. I later found out that a young lady had been bludgeoned to death by her ex boyfriend just around the time my Pom and I were driving past the complex! He obviously heard sounds of alarm. My merely human ears could not hear those sounds over the heater and with the windows closed. The girl's neighbors heard nothing...but my Pom definitely did!

So yes, if there had been a cry of alarm that night, I would think that at least some of the neighborhood dogs would have been going beserk.

Heyya feddup.

I wonder if the scream ever really happened.

From Steve Thomas' book: "More than a year later we would discover that Stanton also told the detective, “It may not have been an audible scream but rather the negative energy radiating from JonBenét.” The detective returned to that odd point several times during the interview, but Stanton never again mentioned the “negative energy”. She insisted that she heard an audible scream, so the detective did not include the “negative energy” comment in his report. A year later he was ordered to write an amended report" (Thomas 2000a:78-79).

Sorta, nullify yourself as a witness when you suggest psychic energy as part of your 'witness statement', plus the recannting.

Heyya feddup.

Sorta, nullify yourself as a witness when you suggest psychic energy as part of your 'witness statement', plus the recannting.

That was her idea. She didn't really want to be a witness.

thanks Tadpole, I didnt know she had changed her story.....I just couldnt imagine hearing a loud scream during the night and no dialing 911 STAT.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back