Off Topic/Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past week I had the wonderful experience {cough}of riding the slowest elevator in Wake Co. with 3 jailbirds in full costume, all chained together.

I have to tell you....I was shocked to see how color coordinated they are. The orange strip outfit, orange socks/footies, and orange rubber sandals. I guess I was expecting white socks and maybe black sandals, but orange really had me do a double take.

I just wish it was BC so I could have burst out laughing at the sight of the orange attire and chained to 2 other jailbirds....

How was your week?

That's so true about the slowest elevators. For anyone who hasn't been to that building, the elevators are a source of much joking. They are so slow they wind up being very crowded. People will use the stairs to go to a different floor to try to find an elevator that's not completely packed. Don't even try getting on at the Fayetteville St. level after lunch.

A Happy Thanksgiving to all!

thanksgiving01.gif

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I stayed in the kitchen way too long cooking, but now I'm being lazy.

How sad that I just saw on the Raleigh news about a New Hill family whose pet turkey was stolen from their barn last night. He was appraised at around $1500, ha ha. I think he was a rare turkey, but the family loved him and never planned to eat him. The little children were so sad, missing "Tom", their pet. Tom even had a new girlfriend that the family had gotten for him.

I've been by that farm out near Harris Nuclear Plant area. Beautiful chickens, turkeys running around, but they put them up at night. Some people (who steal animals) are so cruel. I would be devastated. I love animals. If I had a farm, none of my animals would be eaten either. They would all be pets.

I hope someone finds out who did that.

DMSO. dimethyl sulfoxide.

Bradley Cooper's dad (Terry Cooper) majored undergrad in chemistry (with honors). His doctorate was the radiation chemistry of DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide). Whew.

Brad's dad went from earning his doctorate in 1972 to Medicine Hat College where he taught chemistry and became a dean of science. He's been there over 35 yrs., and is the VP of Academic Affairs.

I got this from Googling a LONG time tonight. I wanted to know as much about Brad's family, since there isn't much out there.

Grant Cooper (whom I assume to be Brad's brother) has a resume listed at Medicine Hat College. On his resume I saw that Grant has some CISCO certification or other, and has had training in a CISCO language. He majored in Computer Science. I don't know a thing about these things, but this is what I've come up with.

Of course I find nothing on his mother. She's the one I'd like to dissect.

Photos of Brad's dad revealed that Brad has the same pattern of recession in the hairline. Brad's dad appears to be a large, tall guy in photos. Not fat, just big.

All of you probably already know these things, but I had fun learning about them.

I wonder: When Brad's brother came down to Cary to stay with Brad for a bit after Nancy's murder, could Brad and the brother have gotten together on removing info from computers, etc.? Oh, wait. Maybe the computers had been seized by then. I cannot recall while I'm typing this.

Oh, and in reading about DMSO, which is a solvent, I learned that certain chemicals carried in the solvent DMSO can instantly enter the body through the DSMO. If the chemical is deadly, such as cyanide, ZAP!! Now, why couldn't Ann Miller have finessed her methods and just used DMSO applied to the skin with cyanide? Or maybe something less obvious? Hmmm.

Just food for thought.

Happy to report that I've completed my proactive community service for that traffic ticket I got and the rest of it is now up to the powers-that-be (judge, my lawyer, etc.). I worked with an animal rescue organization, and as a result of that, have decided to continue volunteering and foster a cat or 2 after the new year.

What a nice thing to do. Rescue organizations need foster homes to help make their animals easier to place - it's much easier to place a dog or cat in a forever home when you can say things like "Moochie loves peanut butter and long naps on the sofa" as opposed to "Moochie is up to date on shots and a golden brown color...."

Kudos.

RaleighNC - failed foster parent to 6 dogs.... (including avatar Sam.)

DMSO. dimethyl sulfoxide.

Bradley Cooper's dad (Terry Cooper) majored undergrad in chemistry (with honors). His doctorate was the radiation chemistry of DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide). Whew.

Brad's dad went from earning his doctorate in 1972 to Medicine Hat College where he taught chemistry and became a dean of science. He's been there over 35 yrs., and is the VP of Academic Affairs.

I got this from Googling a LONG time tonight. I wanted to know as much about Brad's family, since there isn't much out there.

Grant Cooper (whom I assume to be Brad's brother) has a resume listed at Medicine Hat College. On his resume I saw that Grant has some CISCO certification or other, and has had training in a CISCO language. He majored in Computer Science. I don't know a thing about these things, but this is what I've come up with.

Of course I find nothing on his mother. She's the one I'd like to dissect.

Photos of Brad's dad revealed that Brad has the same pattern of recession in the hairline. Brad's dad appears to be a large, tall guy in photos. Not fat, just big.

All of you probably already know these things, but I had fun learning about them.

I wonder: When Brad's brother came down to Cary to stay with Brad for a bit after Nancy's murder, could Brad and the brother have gotten together on removing info from computers, etc.? Oh, wait. Maybe the computers had been seized by then. I cannot recall while I'm typing this.

Oh, and in reading about DMSO, which is a solvent, I learned that certain chemicals carried in the solvent DMSO can instantly enter the body through the DSMO. If the chemical is deadly, such as cyanide, ZAP!! Now, why couldn't Ann Miller have finessed her methods and just used DMSO applied to the skin with cyanide? Or maybe something less obvious? Hmmm.

Just food for thought.

I would like to see the photos if available. I'm curious too.

Thanks per_curiam and maja for the interesting info!

Now we have four Wake Co. teens charged with murder of a teen boy. What the heck? Can't people find enough legal activity on the planet to keep themselves amused?

Today's news is just depressing, especially that Titus the lemur at Duke has died. What a sweet animal, lifting his little arm for a final rub before he died. Animals have so much more sense than humans. Animals have not ruined the planet. We have.

And now the Michael Petersen thing. A tire iron is going to prove he is innocent? I thought it was microscopic owl feathers. How about his bony knuckles? There's a weapon there, when combined with a stairwell to fall down, who needs a tire iron in the neighbor's yard to re-open a case? Everyone has a tire iron. I smell a neighbor lawyer of the Petersen's who is looking to come out of mothballs.

On Kildaire Farm Rd (corner of Penny Rd.)there is a home surrounded by police, CCBI, investigators, plus many others. I called WTVD and they told me they were told a woman was decorating her Christmas tree, fell, hit her head and died. The station said they were told it was all natural causes. Now that CCBI is at the scene they are going right over to see if it is not the case of a tragic fall.

If I find out more I will let you know...tragic if this is true, but lets hope this is the case and not possible murder.

Mom, is that the old brick home that backs up to the Methodist church? Is that the Montague property? Used to have an old tractor, has grape vines and chickens, and they recently widened the road into their yard?

Hey, my husband was helping me decorate outside tonight. He scaled a brick wall that is 16 feet tall and 10 inches across. No rail. I was so afraid he'd fall. He is fearless (and crazy).

I was thinking of how much Brad's facial expression and looks have changed since he was jailed. What could have happened to him to make him look so weird? He looked wicked, had a case of the bloat or something. Lips were tightened, puffy eyes. Maybe he's been crying for the sad state he has gotten himself into. (Reflect back on those cocky smiling photos with his girlie friend, Ms. Fun Bags in France. Oh wasn't he the man then, getting it on?).

I haven't visited here in a couple of weeks. Went away for Thanksgiving and my father-in-law still has dial-up internet. Very frustrating. I just looked at the interior pictures of the house posted under the photos thread then I looked up the MLS listing online. It was so eerie to look at those rooms and wonder what happened where (not including the MBR closet since we know what happened there) to NC. Kinda made me wish I hadn't looked now.

My sister that lives in Cary & I were discussing this case again last night. I was telling her that if only Nancy had taken the girls and gone somewhere anywhere - a friend, a shelter, etc. - and tried not to worry about the divorce settlement but just removing herself and the girls from the home she would be alive now and we wouldn't be reading and typing on the Nancy Cooper Websleuths section...but sadly that isn't the case.

Now I am off to try to find photos of Brad as referenced above where it was mentioned that his look had changed since his prison time.

To her special Websleuth friends:

I wanted to let you all know that SleuthyGal found out today that her mother has a large mass on her brain that is bleeding. I am taking SG to the airport early tomorrow morning so that she can be with her family during this very trying time. Her mother is in intensive care, and no one is sure yet of the prognosis. Please keep SG and her family in your thoughts and prayers. She will have some computer access while away if anyone would like to PM her and offer support.

Thanks, Reddress58

[My sister that lives in Cary & I were discussing this case again last night. I was telling her that if only Nancy had taken the girls and gone somewhere anywhere - a friend, a shelter, etc. - and tried not to worry about the divorce settlement but just removing herself and the girls from the home she would be alive now and we wouldn't be reading and typing on the Nancy Cooper Websleuths section...but sadly that isn't the case.

I have a friend who was married to a narcissitic jerk like Brad, to the outside world, her ex looks like a great guy, strikingly handsome, friendly. Inside the marriage, he made my friend's life a living hell. Luckily, she did just that, left him taking only her two boys with her. We all helped her furnish a tiny apartment with the basics, kept her boys so she could work, and offered all the moral support we could. The jerk did get joint custody, takes great pleasure in parading his new girlfriend around, anytime he thinks it will cause her the greatest pain, school plays, church, etc. He even had the nerve to ride on a float in our tiny town's christmas parade, with his arm draped over his honey for all the town to see. As painful as all of this is to my sweet friend, AT LEAST SHE IS ALIVE! I told my husband on Saturday, I really think the Jerk would have killed her eventually. His mom, is a Jackie Peterson, waiting to happen,that's another story for another day. Your post made me remember and post this. Wish other women would make the same choice as my friend did before it is too late.

To her special Websleuth friends:

I wanted to let you all know that SleuthyGal found out today that her mother has a large mass on her brain that is bleeding. I am taking SG to the airport early tomorrow morning so that she can be with her family during this very trying time. Her mother is in intensive care, and no one is sure yet of the prognosis. Please keep SG and her family in your thoughts and prayers. She will have some computer access while away if anyone would like to PM her and offer support.

Thanks, Reddress58

Reddress - thank you for letting us know. I am very sorry to hear this and will indeed add SG and her family to the prayer list.

Ohhhhh dear:(.....I'm so very sorry to hear about SGs mom. :rose:

SG please know, you are all in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers during this very trying time. Love to you all.....Jilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500