OH - Amanda Berry, 17, Cleveland, 21 April 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I feel horrible about the site, but what happened was out of my hands. We are working to move the site to a new server. I'm hoping this can happen in the next couple of days.

The person who donated the server space either didn't pay his bill or cancelled his account. We were not notified.

Other sites are effected too, such as Georgina DeJesus.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kelly said:
Hi all,

I feel horrible about the site, but what happened was out of my hands. We are working to move the site to a new server. I'm hoping this can happen in the next couple of days.

The person who donated the server space either didn't pay his bill or cancelled his account. We were not notified.

Thanks Kelly... for ALL that you do! You have got to be a godsend to these families. Especially during times like these. I have read through Jason's site and see that you are always on top of birthday, anniversaries, etc. It must take allot of work for your organization. Kudos to you! :clap:

Hopefully Amanda Berry's site can find a new home and she won't be forgotten like so many others.

Kelly said:
Hi all,

No worries Kelly - I figured it was some sort of fluke. Hang in there. :)

Thank you, both. And for those who do, please pray that there will be someone to take over the local advocacy for Amanda.

Kelly said:
Thank you, both. And for those who do, please pray that there will be someone to take over the local advocacy for Amanda.

It is so sad to hear Amandas mom passed away.No trace of Gina either,two nice girls gone.Amanda was on her way home from her job at Burger King on Lorain Ave..Gina was on her way home from school.This happened in broad daylight in a busy area.I think of them often.We are not too far from where they lived and my granddaughter is closer,wont go in that area..I know the Police searched and searched with no leads.I feel that Mom is now with Amanda and no doubt in a happier place.I just hurt for the families.God Bless Them.

Kelly said:
Amanda Berry's mom, Luwana, passed away this morning. Her suffering has ended, both physical and mental. She now knows where Amanda is, and perhaps they are together.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/
-------
Amandas'mom was buried this morning.I believe she is with Amanda now and happy at last,suffering is over.God Bless her family and many friends.I am sure they will never give up the search.

AmandaBerry2.jpg
AmandaBerry3.jpg

Date Missing: 4/21/03
Missing from: Cleveland, OH
DOB: 4/22/86
Age at Disappearance: 17 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 110 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Sandy Blonde, long.

Surgical scar on lower abdomen and pierced left eyebrow.

Last Seen Wearing: Burgundy Burger King shirt, black pants and a black hooded jacket.

Circumstances: Amanda was last seen walking home from work at the Burger King at W. 110th and Lorain in Cleveland, Ohio on April 21, 2003. She has not been seen or heard from since. Amanda is believed to be endangered.

Gaelle on the "Usedtobedoe" forum posted this article. The resemblence to Amanda is Eerie. Thought you'd want to know so I'm posting it here...

http://www.newsnet5.com/investigations/8136469/detail.html

8136329_240X180.jpg

Viewer Believes She Saw Missing Teen On TV

UPDATED: 8:59 am EST March 20, 2006

CLEVELAND -- Three years after Amanda Berry mysteriously disappeared from the streets of Cleveland, police continue searching for her.

Last week, a NewsChannel5 viewer thought she saw the teenager on television. 5 On Your Side chief investigator Duane Pohlman and Cuyahoga County sheriff's detectives wasted no time picking up the trail.

A young woman giving a testimonial on camera during the March 4 episode of the Ohio Lottery's show "Cash Explosion" triggered the tip.

"You gotta come, try it out," said a woman with blue hair.

March 20: Amanda Berry Sighting?

The viewer thought the face looked very much like Berry. The teenager disappeared three years ago, the day before her 17th birthday. She was walking home from work on Lorain Avenue.

Her case was in the news nearly every day for months. Amanda's picture was everywhere.

Detective Jamie Bonnette was stunned by the similarities of the blue-haired woman in the video and Berry.

"I think you might have her," Bonnette said.

"What's your gut say?" Pohlman asked.

"It's too close not to look into," Bonnette said.

Berry's mother, Louanna Miller, died two weeks ago. Her sister Beth is now the closest living relative. Pohlman asked her to view the tape.

"I just can't see her hair like that and stuff, but it has been so long and things, you know," Beth Serrano said. "See right there, right there's her face. I mean, when she does that, I can see the side of her face."

Serrano thought she saw her missing sister.

"Do you think that's her?" Pohlman asked.

"Yeah. From the looks, yeah," Serrano said.

Together, the 5 On Your Side investigators and the detectives put everything they had into an all-out search to identify the woman on the tape.

The search led investigators to Columbus, where the game show was taped.

Detectives searched the records and interviewed everyone who remembered the blue-haired girl on the tape.

"She was smiling. She was friendly," Johnny Douglas said.

But no one could put a name to the face.

Finally on Thursday, there was a break. Investigators tracked the blue-haired girl to a suburb outside of Toledo.

Pohlman arrived moments after the detectives. The blue-haired girl was not Berry, but a shy 22-year-old named Crystal, who shares the features of the missing girl from Cleveland.

Pohlman said that means a girl who mysteriously disappeared here Lorain Avenue is still missing, and there are no new leads.

He said it would be easy to write off the results of the investigation as disappointing, but Bonnette said no one is giving up on finding Berry.

If you have any information about Berry, contact Cuyahoga County sheriff's detectives at (216) 443-5578.

Just this weekend I got a letter from a woman in Akron, asking if I was the missing Amanda Berry. As many of you here may know, I share her name, but that’s about it. The letter-writer found my name and address online.

The woman writing the letter asked that if I am the missing Amanda, that I return home, as many people in Akron love and miss me, including Amanda’s sister. She mostly wrote to tell me that Louanna (my apologies if I have misspelled her name) had passed on.

She also asked if Gina DeJesus was with me.

It’s hard to describe what I felt at first; it was odd. After a few minutes, though, I was moved to tears just knowing someone was still looking for Amanda, when so often it seems like her case fades from sight.

I’ll be writing back to her tonight, probably, and plan to invite her to our forum.

Amanda Marie Berry is always in the back of my mind, and her letter gave me hope, knowing that she is also in someone else’s mind as well…..

PonderingThings said:
Wow that's awesome - that someone is looking and that you care enough to respond!

I can't *not* reply to the woman. Her letter touched me, and I also want to let her know that I'm not who she is looking for. I'd hate to know she was still wondering....

Web Site Launched To Help Find Local Missing Teens

POSTED: March 21, 2006

CLEVELAND -- The FBI announced, in a news release, that a Web site will be used in the assistance of reporting missing children in the Cleveland area.

The Web site is www.assistingmissingyouth.com.

The Web site allows the public to contact law enforcement confidentially over the Internet with information about Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Amy Mihaljevic.

A reward for $25,000 is being offered in all three cases.

Tips and information can also be provided by calling (216) 522-1400.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/8162717/detai...ss=nn5&psp=news

Amanda's Profile on A.M.Y.
http://www.assistingmissingyouth.com/caseinfo-amanda.htm

bumping for Amanda - there's an answer out there somewhere.....

Thank you for letting us know about the updated website. I wish it had been that she was found. ((Amanda))

tried to visit her site. It comes up saying bandwidth exceeded and you can't view any of the page.

Just letting you know, don't know who to contact.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member