GUILTY OH - Andrew Wild for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Woodstock, 2008

This situation right here is why I see so many preach in here to check, double check, triple check before trusting anyone alone with your child. I am a mom and perhaps it is wrong or biased to say this but I would not leave my daughter with a male babysitter without knowing his entire background, family, lifestyle, etc. Even then I am not so sure I would consider it, my brother or my dad are pretty much the only men I would trust alone with my daughter. That may be mean, it may be close-minded but better safe than sorry. There are so any statistics out there showing that men who are alone with small girls take advantage of the situation - sad, but true. This is definitely not meant to be taken that men are all bad because this is definitely not true. Some of my best friends are male and I would trust them with my life. Women do it too...I have always been careful of who watched my children, the older and more family oriented babysitters the better! You just cannot be too careful. For that reason, I do place some of the guilt on the mom - in the picture this guy looks fairly young, somewhat geeky (for lack of better word) and probably not the best luck with women, was he a loner? As a mom she should have looked a little harder at this guy - I have red flags going up just from one picture. Again I don't deny that I may be too extreme but guess what, my kids are safe and I intend to keep them that way even if it means assuming the worst about human nature (at least where they are concerned). Ironically, my husband thinks I am too trusting of people, he claims I tend to be gullible. But again, I can afford to trust in personal interaction with others, my kids are defenseless so I don't allow myself that freedom when it comes to decisions that can affect their safety and well being. Sorry for rambling, guess this story just hits home as one that could have been avoided.

Look I mean no disrespect to anyone in this forum I am a parent myself and I just happened to know the father very well and I know how upset he is over this and its frustrating to deal with knowing that its possible that they will not even look into the mother at all and the guy wont get what he deserves so it bothers me when someone states that the mother isn't at all to blame when they don't know all the information there are some sick people out there and sometimes mothers look past what their child has told them. So I'm sorry

This is a horrible situation and you are entitled the range of emotions running through you right now, by coming her to WBS to offer you insight is appreciated and I thank you for sharing. I also hope that this turns out to be a postitive relief valve for you so that you can be strong by your friends side.

Andrew G. Wild

Located: Lebanon Correctional Institution
Sentence Date: 08/19/2009

Offense: 1 count 1st Degree Rape
Sentence: 10 years - Life

Projected Release Date: Not given

I know I'm late to the story, but I knew both Andrew and who I believe was the victim and her mother. The sad thing is the girl committed suicide towards the end of 2019.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back