OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clint had Meredith in tow during the most crucial time (the moment Brian disappeared), and for her to be willing to take a polygraph even though she had an attorney by then (when they almost always advise against it)... that's really compelling. She had to have known nothing. It's almost like if Clint did know anything, it couldn't be about any incident (eg. assault gone too far/accident) that happened at that time. It could really only be about Brian having intentions to disappear... if anything.

Maybe an investigator just interrogated Clint too aggressively in the first instance, and his actions afterwards were all about that. It can suck being one of the last people to see someone alive, that's for sure.

I’ve always been of the belief Clint and Brian probably did drugs that night and Clint didn’t want to incriminate himself. Could have been something relatively harmless like weed (it was 2006) or even a party drug such as coke or ecstasy. I don’t see how he could know that much because there wasn’t any feasible opportunity for him to do anything to Brian.

Kelly Bruce has pointed out something on the CCTV. It looks very much like when Brian is talking to the girls, just as they turn around Brian gets something out of his pocket (mobile phone) and he slips it into one of the girls purse/ handbag. Anyone else seen this?
Brian from the unfound podcast channel has done a video on this today.

I watched the HLN show last nite and thought that there wasn't much new info presented, but then I watched Fasteddies' (Unfound) release today where he analyzes the now famous video of Brian in front of the UTS. Apparently I've only ever seen a cropped version of this on tv etc (I wonder what its always cropped?). But in the video it does seem as though Brian (whos hands you can now see) may have slipped his cell phone into the purse of one of the famous 'two girls'. For me, that's pretty convincing. I'm going to have to go with walk-away or suicide if this is as what it seems. If so, that puts some on CF's behavior in focus. Maybe he didn't want to spill the beans on his friend? Thoughts?

Kelly Bruce has pointed out something on the CCTV. It looks very much like when Brian is talking to the girls, just as they turn around Brian gets something out of his pocket (mobile phone) and he slips it into one of the girls purse/ handbag. Anyone else seen this?
Sorry, was typing when you posted. :p.
Agreed....

Maybe I'm in the minority, but to me it looks like his hand is in his pocket, but near the purse. Then he taps the one girl on the lower back and his hands are off screen/blocked by her body. During that time, he very well could have slipped the phone back into his pocket.

Not trying to be skeptical, but I am not sold on him putting his phone into her purse 100%.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but to me it looks like his hand is in his pocket, but near the purse. Then he taps the one girl on the lower back and his hands are off screen/blocked by her body. During that time, he very well could have slipped the phone back into his pocket.

Not trying to be skeptical, but I am not sold on him putting his phone into her purse 100%.

Agreed. Hey look at that :p

I think the video footage is inconclusive, and I don't see what would've been achieved by putting his cellphone in someone else's purse. How exactly would that point to a runaway/suicide? He could've ditched the phone anywhere, anytime.

*If* he did slip anything into the purse, could it have been drugs?

It definitely looks like he took something out of his pocket and then no longer has it a second later. I personally don't think it was a phone, but could possibly a film canister of weed (which is a common way of selling buds). It would explain his dubious noticing of the cop if he had just done a deal with the girls. This is important because to me it points things in two directions - if he was dealing, his disappearance could be related to LE or something bigger and if it was his phone, he may have disappeared himself. The problem with the phone angle is why wouldn't the girl have turned in the phone?

It definitely looks like he took something out of his pocket and then no longer has it a second later. I personally don't think it was a phone, but could possibly a film canister of weed (which is a common way of selling buds). It would explain his dubious noticing of the cop if he had just done a deal with the girls. This is important because to me it points things in two directions - if he was dealing, his disappearance could be related to LE or something bigger and if it was his phone, he may have disappeared himself. The problem with the phone angle is why wouldn't the girl have turned in the phone?
Maybe drugs are involved, but the Med students I've known didn't have time to do them, much less get involved in distribution.

Watch this.

So, he drops his phone into basically a strangers purse and they never noticed / reported it to police for 15 + years…..

Seems a little crazy.

<modsnip>
The campus pings line up with her apartment, and the Hilliard pings are 1 mile from her mother’s house.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian 100% puts his phone in Brightan’s purse. I cannot believe this very obvious fact could’ve been discovered years ago had we seen the uncropped footage. Unbelievable.

If it was his phone that was in his hand... that could have been when he turned it off I suppose.
There's definitely something in his hand. That much I can see regardless of the video quality. But are we 100% sure his hand doesn't get close enough to himself that this object could have been slipped back into a pocket (doesn't have to be the same one he retrieved it from) before we see his hand empty again?
I can see why it's worth thinking about... it looks a fair bit like he could have offloaded something into a purse there. I'm not posting to debunk the idea. But I'm watching the video repeatedly and I really can't tell.
I'm going to go back now and rewatch the previous version we've seen. I'm wondering how much it was cropped and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname