OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Shaffer, age 27, was last seen on Saturday, April 1, 2006 around 2:00 a.m. at the Ugly Tuna Saloona in Columbus, Ohio and has not been seen or heard from since. Brian was last seen wearing a green colored shirt underneath a cream colored long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and Adida tennis shoes.

There is a reward of up to $25,500 for information leading to the whereabouts of Brian.
8/16/2007 - Tim Miller and Case Manager Cindy Wisdom are currently in Columbus, Ohio meeting with law enforcement and family members to develop search plans for Brian. Command centers and search dates will be announced as soon as they are available.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/
Tony Luzio, age 25, was last seen at a friends home near Rutherford Rd off Sawmill Parkway in Delaware County in Columbus, Ohio, on July 4, 2005 around 4:00 a.m. and has not been seen or heard from since. Tony was driving a silver 4 dr 2004 Honda Civic, license plate DCA 5615.

There is a $2,000 reward offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Tony.

8/16/2007 Tim Miller and case manager Cindy Wisdom are currently in Columbus, Ohio making plans to search for Tony. As soon as those plans are in place, another notice will be posted here.

Greta just had a teaser on FNC, a commercial, saying there could be a connection between Brian Shaffer and Tony Luzio, and their disappearances....this may be old news but it was the first I'd heard of it and I have FNC on all day long. Maybe it's just that Equusearch is going to look for them both?

Greta just had a teaser on FNC, a commercial, saying there could be a connection between Brian Shaffer and Tony Luzio, and their disappearances....this may be old news but it was the first I'd heard of it and I have FNC on all day long. Maybe it's just that Equusearch is going to look for them both?

That's interesting. I have never seen Tony's name connected with Brian's until about the past month. The areas where they disappeared from are roughly 20 miles apart. Brian was near the Ohio State University Campus and Tony was leaving a private home in Powell, a suburb to the north. Tony's dad is a police officer. Police must have had some reason for connecting the two which has not been made public yet.

EnglishLeigh, I heard this too and of course fell asleep before getting to see what the connection was. What did Greta say? Was it what you stated in your last sentence?
Thank you

ariel

EnglishLeigh, I heard this too and of course fell asleep before getting to see what the connection was. What did Greta say? Was it what you stated in your last sentence?
Thank you

ariel

Ariel, the show about a connection between Brian and Tony will air tonight. I plan to watch for sure!!

Ariel, the show about a connection between Brian and Tony will air tonight. I plan to watch for sure!!
Thanks englishleigh. This caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting her to do a show on it.
Wednesday, August 22:
• After a police sergeant's son disappears, could a connection to a missing med student be the key to finding them both? Greta investigates on tonight's 'On the Record'

10pm EST and again at 1am EST

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

Shaffer Search Teams To Arrive Overnight

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2007 - 04:26 PM Updated: 04:54 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A nationally-known search team will arrive in Columbus Wednesday night in hopes of finding two missing men.
An Equusearch team is driving from Texas in a motorhome and plans to park it behind a restaurant at Third and Pennsylvania near The Ohio State University campus, NBC 4 reported.
The large parking lot will be the team's home base as it recruits volunteers to look for Brian Shaffer and Tony Luzio Jr.
http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-22-0023.html

Maybe Brian never went back in the bar. In the last sighting of him on that surveillance camera, he wasn't seen going back into the bar rather he just walked out of view of the camera, maybe there is some other exit or something on that floor where the bar is located and where the camera shows.

I'm missing something, maybe? Does anyone know that building well, been there before?

I have been to the building several times. There is a multiplex movie theater located on the same floor as the Ugly Tuna. There are emergency exits up there, but as far as I recall, the only real, non-emergency exit is the main one at the bottom of the escalator/staircase. I am not sure which emergency exits have cameras or alarms although I was assuming that all of them do (and we all know how accurate assuming is). There is a very visible emergency exit on the 2nd floor front-side of the building, which I have in the past looked at and wondered if he somehow slipped out of there unnoticed.

I hope Equusearch can provide some resolution and I hope that resolution is Brian home safe. I think about him often and feel hopeful every time I see someone has posted on this thread!

I always think about his girlfriend who loved him so much. :( I wish he would come home to her and to his dad.

I just walked in on the very end of the report on Greta about Brian. I had to help my daughter study for a test. What did she say?

with all these college guys going missing I hope there's not another Jeffrey Dahmer

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.htmlhttp://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/home.html

Crews Searching For Missing Men Find Bone

Saturday, Aug 25, 2007 - 09:57 PM

Above link originally posted by SisterMadly post #134.

According to officials, Shaffer's cell phone was last used in the area.
"There's a report that the last (cell phone call) did ping off a tower in this area, so we want to take it serious and eliminate areas," Miller said.

I wonder how long it will take to determine if it is human or animal bone?

Here's the link that goes right to the article:

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.html

Seth Bendo, a fourth-year OSU medical student and friend of Shaffer, joined the search and recovery efforts.
"Brian was one of the people who I hit it off with at the beginning of medical school," Bendo said. "It's sort of a mixed wish. You want to find something, but you don't want to find something. But nonetheless, we want an answer."

I hope there will be answers for these families soon.

I wonder if Equusearch will head on over to search for the missing two Ohio women?

I kind of thought that too, and then I thought of the bunch of other people we have missing in this state, and then thought about the sadly huge amount of people missing nationwide, and figured it probably doesn't work that way.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo