Deceased/Not Found OH - Carrie Culberson, 22, Blanchester, 28 Aug 1996 - #1 *V. Doan guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LP Moderator said:
Are you implying that simply because a murderer does a good job and doesn't leave a trace, that they should get away with the murder?
God forbid if that were to become a reality!

I went to the link and found it quite interesting although I agree it has no relevance to this case since neither conviction was based on DNA evidence. It does show that mistakes happen in the court system-is this what hoping is trying to say? Just asking...

LE hasn't yet announced all the results for all the items found under the floor, but the items they have reported on had no DNA evidence on them either (shirt belonging to Carrie and garbage bags). I can't figure out how to link you to the report, but Channel 9 out of Cincinnati has a link to all the articles if you search for Carrie Culberson. The Find Carrie website also has this info.

Why is it so hard to admit that maybe the WRONG person is in prison for a "crime" they did not commit. DNA from the barn pieces, if there is any DNA found, may infact prove that Vincent had nothing to do with the disappearance of Carrie Culberson.. God forbid if the truth is finally revealed. Appologies can be and will be accepted by all involved with the accusations that continue to be made. ERRORS ARE MADE ALL THE TIME IN PROSECUTIONS>>>> :banghead:

hoping for the truth said:
Why is it so hard to admit that maybe the WRONG person is in prison for a "crime" they did not commit. DNA from the barn pieces, if there is any DNA found, may infact prove that Vincent had nothing to do with the disappearance of Carrie Culberson.. God forbid if the truth is finally revealed. Appologies can be and will be accepted by all involved with the accusations that continue to be made. ERRORS ARE MADE ALL THE TIME IN PROSECUTIONS>>>> :banghead:

So, are we to believe that you're only here to make speeches and not answer any questions?

What where the items taken from the barn and how can they possibly help this defendant?

Why was the Innocence Project mentioned when it has nothing to do with this case?

Again, you didn't answer mine, but I will answer yours. The process in American courts is that the defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That has already happened here. NOW, the defendant MUST prove that it was a mistake. What do you have/know/see that this defendant can use to cause this to happen?

I can understand how finding things of Carrie's at the barn could implicate Messer as an accessory, but is there any record of animosity between Carrie and Jarrod? A motive for murder? People claim Vince and Carrie were violent with each other. Does anyone know if Messer has a history of violence?

Many of the comments on this site are very interesting and intriguing as I expected from the sleuthing title. Others make me cringe at the realization there are people so "lacking of knowledge or education=ignorant". I imagine each side will think I'm talking about the other.

Jarrod Messer has been in and out of jail. He is currently in jail for ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF CHEMICALS, POSS. OF DRUGS, POSS. OF DRUGS, TAMPER W/EVIDENCE, FEL ASSAULT, ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF CHEMIC per the Ohio Inmate Search website. Based on this info, I would say he has a history of violence! Whether or not he and Carrie had any type of relationship hasn't been proven.

Blown Away said:
Jarrod Messer has been in and out of jail. He is currently in jail for ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF CHEMICALS, POSS. OF DRUGS, POSS. OF DRUGS, TAMPER W/EVIDENCE, FEL ASSAULT, ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF CHEMIC per the Ohio Inmate Search website. Based on this info, I would say he has a history of violence! Whether or not he and Carrie had any type of relationship hasn't been proven.

:furious: Well Vince has a history of violence against women and Carrie in particular. Vince also has been arrested and convicted of crimes. The only difference being that Mr. Messer has not been convicted of murdering a defenseless woman, whereas Vincent Doan has. This convicted murderer will do anything to place the blame on someone else. Period. I hope he DOES take the lie detector test so his supporters can stop their relentless harrassment and stalking of Debra and Christina Culberson.

Actual pieces of the barn were taken.....How many times must I say this?
If in fact DNA is found on the pieces of the barn, maybe it will belong to the person who committed the crime. No evidence was ever found on anything that belonged to Vincent, but he was still convicted of the crime. Hmmmmmm, only testimony convicted him. If a new trial were granted, maybe testimony would set him free.

Blown Away said:

And???? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point. Where the case is now, I believe, is that the defendants already convicted are trying to say that they're innocent. Isn't that what we're dealing with? You can probably list a half a dozen other people that she may have either known or was a friend of someone else that she knew that has a criminal history. What is available to this defendant (and his brother apparently) that proves his innocence?

Actual pieces of the barn were taken.....How many times must I say this?
If in fact DNA is found on the pieces of the barn, maybe it will belong to the person who committed the crime. No evidence was ever found on anything that belonged to Vincent, but he was still convicted of the crime. Hmmmmmm, only testimony convicted him. If a new trial were granted, maybe testimony would set him free.

Well how many times are you willing to say it? It seems to me if you're trying to get folks to listen to your point of view and you've got some new fish on the hook, that you would be happy to outline your evidence. Possible DNA doesn't mean anything to a defendant already in prison for life. Surely you know this? You can wish every day all day for a new trial, but there are rules and procedures that must be followed in order for a defendant convicted of murder and sentenced to life in order for a new trial to be won. Is there ANYTHING that the attorneys are trying to rely on, other than DNA that may or may not even be there?

Char said:
:furious: Well Vince has a history of violence against women and Carrie in particular. Vince also has been arrested and convicted of crimes. The only difference being that Mr. Messer has not been convicted of murdering a defenseless woman, whereas Vincent Doan has. This convicted murderer will do anything to place the blame on someone else. Period. I hope he DOES take the lie detector test so his supporters can stop their relentless harrassment and stalking of Debra and Christina Culberson.

Why do you take offense at my post? I was answering a question posted about whether or not Jarrod has a history of violence.

Yes, the defendants have always stated their innocence, this has never changed from day one. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe someone else is to blame?

Yes, the defendants have always stated their innocence, this has never changed from day one. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe someone else is to blame?
For starters, it would be easier to consider their innocence, if they would take a lie detector test. Seems to me, mainly guilty persons do not submit to this test.

Its hard to tell who, if anyone, your question is actually for - care to specify?

This is a discussion forum. If you only want a pulpit or a soap box to stand upon and claim innocence, perhaps this isn't the forum for you? If you actually want to talk about the case, we're here.

Because at this point, no one has given any evidence as to who else would be to blame. Is there something of relevance to consider? I am open to other options, if there is some proof that other options exist. I know all the "craziness" that surrounds this case, but I still have yet to see any significant evidence that would exonerate Vince and Tracey.

And???? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point. Where the case is now, I believe, is that the defendants already convicted are trying to say that they're innocent. Isn't that what we're dealing with? You can probably list a half a dozen other people that she may have either known or was a friend of someone else that she knew that has a criminal history. What is available to this defendant (and his brother apparently) that proves his innocence?

Moderator.....
Blown Away is referring to the items of Carrie's/evidence that was found recently at Jarrod Messer's HOME, due to a recent tip received by the police. Messer is a person who was never implicated in any way until now. This throws a whole new twist into everything that is believed to have happened on that night, up until now. Obviously, Messer is somehow involved, regardless of who is in prison. The items found buried were in his backyard, not miles away. Just because someone else has already been convicted & is serving time, does not mean that Messer should skip away scot-free.

Ok, sorry...I missed a few posts there........Blown Away was answering someone else's question about Messer & if he had a history of violence.

And no, I don't necessarily think that evidence found in this new dig would exonerate the convicted. But it might show that there were others involved, who have gotten away with it for the last 8 years.....and if this is indeed the case, then this person/persons need to be made to answer for it.

LP Moderator said:
Its hard to tell who, if anyone, your question is actually for - care to specify?

This is a discussion forum. If you only want a pulpit or a soap box to stand upon and claim innocence, perhaps this isn't the forum for you? If you actually want to talk about the case, we're here.

I was not directing my question to any one person, open for discussion for any one who would like to comment. If no one has anything to say, then I guess the subject is closed. Vincent will always be innocent. We all love you Vincent and Tracey See you soon. Oh and by the way,if you have nothing nice to say to me, say nothing at all. Didn't your mom ever teach you that?

snorky said:
coopkid said:
I read somewhere that Lawrence Baker had a freezer full of meat buried on his property (the police checked it out and determined it to be deer meat, I think)
That is bizarre! Any idea where you read that? Who would bury anything anyway? Weird.

To answer your question, Vince's website was where I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues