OH OH - Cierra Chapman, 30, meeting ex bf to exchange items, Trotwood, SUV found in Middletown, 27 Dec 2022

DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF) -- The search for Cierra Chapman continued Wednesday, one year after she was last seen in Trotwood.

Dayton Police Major Brian Johns says the Dayton Police Department is continuing to search for her. Chapman’s car was found in Middletown 10 days after she was seen leaving that apartment, but the 30-year-old mom was not. Her family is now experiencing their first holiday season without her.

Continues at link

JAN 17, 2024
When investigators returned to the area Wednesday morning to continue their search, McHenry said they were able to recover the rest of the remains.

He said they don’t have a time frame on how long they think the remains have been there, and it might be a while before they know to whom the remains belong.

Harrison Township is 10 minutes NE of Trotwood.

JAN 17, 2024
When investigators returned to the area Wednesday morning to continue their search, McHenry said they were able to recover the rest of the remains.

He said they don’t have a time frame on how long they think the remains have been there, and it might be a while before they know to whom the remains belong.

Harrison Township is 10 minutes NE of Trotwood.
Your map leads to the wrong Harrison Township. The Harrison Township in your map is in Montgomery County Ohio. The remains were found in Harrison Township in Dearborn County in Indiana.

FEB 21, 2023
[...]

Law enforcement carried out multiple searches, but as of February 21, Chapman remains missing.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact Dayton Police Department at 937-333-COPS or Crime Stoppers at 937-222-STOP.
Hopefully with FBI on the case Cierra will soon be found. No new news.

“We’re really struggling because we’re like at a standstill, nobody is saying anything,” Chapman’s aunt, Toya Gilliard, expressed.

The 31-year-old was last seen at her ex-boyfriend’s home in Trotwood near Dayton.

“We see her get out of the car, knock on the door. Two to three minutes later, get back in her car and never be seen again,” Gilliard explained.

About a month later, in early January 2023, Chapman’s vehicle was found in Middletown.

“It had been abandoned,” said Gilliard. “All her stuff was in the car, but no Cierra. It’s like she just fell off the face of the earth.”

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information that helps them find Chapman.

If you have any information on Chapman’s disappearance, you’re urged to contact Dayton PD at 937-333-2677 or Crime Stoppers at 937-222-STOP.

Cierra Jeanna Chapman
CC1.jpgCC2.jpgCC3.jpgCC5.jpgXCC4.jpg
Chapman, circa 2022

Missing Since 12/25/2022
Missing From Trotwood, Ohio
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race Black
Date of Birth 11/12/1992 (31)
Age 30 years old
Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5, 123 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved yellow Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt, blue jeans, black boots and possibly a green jacket with a fur-trimmed hood.
Associated Vehicle(s) 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV (accounted for)
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chapman has a tattoo of the name "Jadden" on her neck. She has another tattoo on her chest.

Details of Disappearance
Chapman was last seen leaving her ex-boyfriend's apartment complex on Autumn Woods Drive in Trotwood, Ohio at 4:30 a.m. on December 27, 2022. She had driven to the complex, gotten out of her car and knocked on the door. Two or three minutes later she got back into her car and drove away. She has never been heard from again.

On January 6, 2023, her 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV was found on Jewell Avenue in Middletown, Ohio with her purse and other belongings inside it. There was no sign of Chapman at the scene. According to her family, she doesn't know anyone in Middletown and would have no reason to go there.

Her disappearance is uncharacteristic of her behavior and her family doesn't think she would have left of her own accord. Chapman is considered missing under suspicious circumstances.

Last updated May 25, 2024; details of disappearance updated.

Cierra Jeanna Chapman
View attachment 506090View attachment 506091View attachment 506092View attachment 506093View attachment 506094
Chapman, circa 2022

Missing Since 12/25/2022
Missing From Trotwood, Ohio
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race Black
Date of Birth 11/12/1992 (31)
Age 30 years old
Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5, 123 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved yellow Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt, blue jeans, black boots and possibly a green jacket with a fur-trimmed hood.
Associated Vehicle(s) 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV (accounted for)
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chapman has a tattoo of the name "Jadden" on her neck. She has another tattoo on her chest.

Details of Disappearance
Chapman was last seen leaving her ex-boyfriend's apartment complex on Autumn Woods Drive in Trotwood, Ohio at 4:30 a.m. on December 27, 2022. She had driven to the complex, gotten out of her car and knocked on the door. Two or three minutes later she got back into her car and drove away. She has never been heard from again.

On January 6, 2023, her 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV was found on Jewell Avenue in Middletown, Ohio with her purse and other belongings inside it. There was no sign of Chapman at the scene. According to her family, she doesn't know anyone in Middletown and would have no reason to go there.

Her disappearance is uncharacteristic of her behavior and her family doesn't think she would have left of her own accord. Chapman is considered missing under suspicious circumstances.

Last updated May 25, 2024; details of disappearance updated.
I'm from that general area. In my opinion, it is most likely that she went somewhere else in the Trotwood area and something happened. The reason I think that is because I've driven most of the route she would probably have taken to get to Middletown, where she didn't know anyone, hundreds of times. The direct route would have been to take 49 South until it joins 75 South and stay on 75 South all the way to Middletown. That is about a 45-minute drive. The only other way is to take surface streets all the way through Dayton which is time consuming and not reasonable. Thieves steal cars north of Dayton and dump them south of Dayton fairly often. I wonder if she was car jacked in Trotwood?

I'm from that general area. In my opinion, it is most likely that she went somewhere else in the Trotwood area and something happened. The reason I think that is because I've driven most of the route she would probably have taken to get to Middletown, where she didn't know anyone, hundreds of times. The direct route would have been to take 49 South until it joins 75 South and stay on 75 South all the way to Middletown. That is about a 45-minute drive. The only other way is to take surface streets all the way through Dayton which is time consuming and not reasonable. Thieves steal cars north of Dayton and dump them south of Dayton fairly often. I wonder if she was car jacked in Trotwood?
How do we know she didn't know anyone there? I doubt my parents knew even a fifth of the people in my sphere. It's kind of an all encompassing statement that doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, imo.

I'd really like to know more about the boyfriend. Like how long did Cierra go out with him? Was it a casual relationship? Had her sisters and mother every met him and what their perceptions of him were. Did he ever go in for a face to face interview with LE and if he didn't why didn't they go back to his house and interview there.

I'm just wondering if he may have been involved with something Cierra wasn't interested in getting involved with and that's why the relationship ended.

I agree with a poster upthread who mentioned the Great Miami River that runs so close to where her vehicle was found. The river flows southwest to Indiana. The weather on the day she went missing was around 50 F so the river wasn't frozen with no snow to impede movement or leave evidence of footsteps to the river. It would have been easy for someone to take her body from another vehicle and dump her in the river then drive back with someone who also was there. I'd like to know if they took samples of fingerprints everywhere in her vehicle to see if they match to individuals who may have prints on file because I do not believe she drove the car there. The fact that her personal belongings were still in the vehicle suggests that whoever drove her vehicle there wants to suggest that she ended her life at that location.

They need to interview the boyfriend again. He may be completely innocent in regards to her disappearance but when I see successful drug busts of individuals who lived in both Trotwood and Middleton it does make my spidey sense take notice.

How do we know she didn't know anyone there? I doubt my parents knew even a fifth of the people in my sphere. It's kind of an all encompassing statement that doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, imo.
From post #69 by PommyMommy: "On January 6, 2023, her 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV was found on Jewell Avenue in Middletown, Ohio with her purse and other belongings inside it. There was no sign of Chapman at the scene. According to her family, she doesn't know anyone in Middletown and would have no reason to go there."

In my opinion, it would be unusual for someone from the Trotwood area to know people in Middletown very well. JMO, I think her family is correct.

I'm a lot closer to Middletown now and I don't go there. I'm south of Dayton and my family north of Dayton never comes to visit. They tell me I moved too far away. If I want to see them, I have to drive the 15 to 20 miles to where they are.

Last edited:
From post #69 by PommyMommy: "On January 6, 2023, her 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV was found on Jewell Avenue in Middletown, Ohio with her purse and other belongings inside it. There was no sign of Chapman at the scene. According to her family, she doesn't know anyone in Middletown and would have no reason to go there."

In my opinion, it would be unusual for someone from the Trotwood area to know people in Middletown very well. MMO, I think her family is correct.
Seriously? I know people who live 150km from me. 100 km. We visit each other, stay the weekend, etc. How far is Trotwood from Middleton, about 25 miles? People have cars and phones and the internet. How small would your world be to not know anyone outside your own community. That just sounds bizarre to me. Everyone I know don't all know each other.

Seriously? I know people who live 150km from me. 100 km. We visit each other, stay the weekend, etc. How far is Trotwood from Middleton, about 25 miles? People have cars and phones and the internet. How small would your world be to not know anyone outside your own community. That just sounds bizarre to me. Everyone I know don't all know each other.
First of all there is no "Middleton." The city name is "Middletown."

Secondly, it appears to be mindset not facts. I've driven 300 to 500 miles to see family in another state. Other members of my family have done the same. It doesn't make any sense to me either.

I've lived south of Dayton for 42 years and no one here seems to know anyone north of Dayton except me. It is like there is an invisible boundary in their heads that they have no desire to cross.

First of all there is no "Middleton." The city name is "Middletown."

Secondly, it appears to be mindset not facts. I've driven 300 to 500 miles to see family in another state. Other members of my family have done the same. It doesn't make any sense to me either.

I've lived south of Dayton for 42 years and no one here seems to know anyone north of Dayton except me. It is like there is an invisible boundary in their heads that they have no desire to cross.
Sorry about the misspelling; too late to edit. I don't know why her family are adamant that Cierra didn't know anyone in Middletown. Embracing possibilities makes it more likely LE will cast a wider net. If we had a better idea as to what the ex said, regarding his relationship with Cierra, we might find it's possible that Cierra did know someone in Middletown.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back