Found Deceased OH - Darnell Taylor, 5, foster parent Pammy Maye, 48 advised she harmed him then fled in 2015 gray Jeep Cherokee, Columbus, 14 Feb 2024

This is awful. The more we learn the worse it gets.

The affidavit says the man told a 911 operator that his wife, Pammy Maye, said she killed the child, telling the 911 operator that Maye said the boy was no longer alive and had not been seen since Monday or Tuesday.

According to the court document, the man searched the house for Taylor before calling police, and while he was on the phone, Maye allegedly tried to cover her husband’s mouth, saying she had a plan.

It was during the 911 call that Maye fled the house.

Online court records show Maye has been charged with first-degree felony kidnapping and third-degree felony endangering children. Records also show a warrant has been filed for Maye’s arrest.

(Copy of affidavit is at the link.)

Weir said police first received the call at 3:03 a.m. and officers arrived on scene five minutes later.

Officials said they searched the home for Darnell and by that time, it was 3:18 a.m. They then notified the Ohio State Highway Patrol and Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.

Twenty minutes later, after a continued search of the scene, officials with the Special Investigation Bureau were asked to investigate alongside officers.

At 4:20 a.m., Columbus police escalated the situation and asked OSHP to send an AMBER Alert. The alert was sent out to phones around the state at 5:09 a.m.

The affidavit says the man told a 911 operator that his wife, Pammy Maye, said she killed the child, telling the 911 operator that Maye said the boy was no longer alive and had not been seen since Monday or Tuesday.

According to the court document, the man searched the house for Taylor before calling police, and while he was on the phone, Maye allegedly tried to cover her husband’s mouth, saying she had a plan.

Online court records show Maye has been charged with first-degree felony kidnapping and third-degree felony endangering children. Records also show a warrant has been filed for Maye’s arrest.

poor little boy
maybe she left him somewhere and he's still ok
we can hope

FEB 15, 2024
[...]

"We had a guy call in, said his wife just killed her foster child, Darnell Taylor," a dispatcher said. "Caller said she woke him up and said, 'He is gone. I killed him.'"

[...]

Officials said Darnell and Maye may have been in a 2015 Gray Jeep Cherokee with Ohio plates, JIGGZII. According to Columbus police, the vehicle was located, unoccupied, in Brooklyn, Ohio — just south of Cleveland — around 6 a.m.

Taylor and Maye have still not been located.

[...]

Detectives spent the day at the family's home in Columbus. They could be seen carrying evidence bags from the house.

"We're also using K9s to assist in the search of the area, and we are working with federal and state partners to conduct a search and locate Pammy Maye and Darnell Taylor," Smith Weir, deputy police chief for the city of Columbus, said.

[...]

This case kept me up all night. That precious boy. I, too, live not very far from the area LE is searching. I kept refreshing local news sites, sure there would be an update.

She's got to be in a vehicle or shelter, if all she has on is a nightgown. The temperature dropped last night, 50 mph wind gusts today, and rain moving in tonight.

I just keep picturing his sweet smiling face. I assume they've also searched or they are also searching in Columbus for his body?

FEB 15, 2024
[...]

Wednesday night, Columbus police were in Brooklyn, searching the parking lot and the wooded area behind the Parkview Estates Apartment Complex, where police had found the Jeep Maye was allegedly driving.

Jeep-2-1.jpg
FOX 8 Photo

The vehicle was found early Wednesday morning; it was empty and about 150 miles from the home in Columbus where the situation first began.

[...]

Police are now investigating to see if there is any possible connection between Maye and the city of Brooklyn. They are asking people to search their property. If you see anything unusual, out of place, or missing you should contact the police immediately.

[...]

I'm so glad the husband was inclined to call 911 and report her. So many times that doesn't happen. It sounds to me like she already got rid of little Taylor before she told her husband, as he didn't find the child in the house.

If this little guy is deceased, how did she move him into the vehicle ?
Sorry, graphic :

Was she carrying a duffle bag or suitcase ?
Omo.

There has been extensive news coverage on the local news in Columbus concerning this missing five year old child.

At this time, he is still missing. An arrest warrant was issued for Maye on charges of kidnapping and endangering children. At the time when the Amber Alert was first issued, it was missing key details such as who was missing, the suspect and suspect's vehicle that was involved.

Columbus Police are asking folks living in the 43207 zip code in Columbus, Ohio and in Brooklyn, Ohio to search their property for anything that is missing or appears to be out of place. If anything is found, Columbus Police asks that you contact their non-emergency phone number at 614-645-4545 or their tip line at 614-645-2228.

Source:

AMBER Alert issued for 5-year-old Columbus boy; warrant filed for suspect's arrest

I think there is more information that is not being released because Darnell is a minor, he was in foster care and has biological parents alive .
I had to type this but I do believe PM killed him. I think when this was originally put out to the public and it was stated she harmed him , that was said until after his parents were notified .
I pray that baby is safe. Breaks my heart. I have a grandchildren near his age.

Wait - husband says the boy may have been dead since Monday or Tuesday? Did foster child live in the home with the woman AND her husband? How did the husband not know he was missing if it had been two days?
He could work shifts and maybe gets in after Darnell is down for the night. I'm inclined to believe the husband's version of events for now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back