GUILTY OH - Emilliano Terry, 3, Cleveland, 25 November 2012

I really don't know. I have never been to a landfill and I have only seen them on the news :)

I could be mistaken, but I'm under the impression landfills are secured sites. Is this correct? If so, it might tighten the timeline.

I just think she threw him in the trash and he got picked up with the garbage. I don't think anyone drove him there. That just doesn't make sense.

IMO, JMO, MOO

If so, the residential trash pick-up for her area is scheduled for Wednesday each week.

http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/clnd_images/Waste/wastecollectionmap.pdf

Of course, the child may have been put in a dumpster at a nearby business, office building, store, restaurant, etc.

The waste disposal company should be able to trace it.

Wouldn't matter to me what social services she requested. If she initiated contact seeking help, maybe they should've accommodated her and the kids in every aspect.

I just don't know. Just seems like little Emiliano's death was entirely preventable.

But, it's moo.
Respectfully, I don't agree and I refuse to push any of the blame onto social services. There is not a single thing that SS could have given her to not make this woman's son end up dead while in her care. If she asked them to take him into foster care because she didn't like him or didn't want to deal with him, then I could see bringing SS in to blame partially.

BBL going to listen to Tricia's show tonight.. hope to see everyone there!

Oh my heart. :(

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/11/missing_3-year-old_cleveland_b.html#incart_river_default

From above link:
"A body tentatively identified as missing 3-year-old Emiliano Terry was found Monday evening in a trash bag at the Waste Management Transfer/Recycling Station in Oakwood, a county official said. The body was tentatively identified about 6:41 p.m, according to a city police report, said Powell Caesar, spokesman for the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office."
11915835-large.jpg

We still don't know if it was her or not. Could have been anyone who knew this little boy. I have my own thoughts, but rather than attacking one particular person right now, can we just hold off? Originally neither mom nor dad were suspects, but things change. It's just not fair to point so many fingers when we know nothing yet.
Not trying to be rude at all, but in the event she had nothing to do with it, I'm sure her family and/or friends are reading this.

With or without the existence of any social services, the primary source of love, care, protection, and safety for a child should be his/her parents.

I tell my kids that I'd walk through fire, swim the oceans, climb to the ends of the earth, and starve to death to save them.... and I mean it. It hurts my heart to no end that every.single.baby out there isn't loved in that same instinctively, primal way.

Rest peacefully in the arms of Jesus, little E.

We still don't know if it was her or not. Could have been anyone who knew this little boy. I have my own thoughts, but rather than attacking one particular person right now, can we just hold off? Originally neither mom nor dad were suspects, but things change. It's just not fair to point so many fingers when we know nothing yet.
Not trying to be rude at all, but in the event she had nothing to do with it, I'm sure her family and/or friends are reading this.

We know she lied about what happened at the park, though, right? We don't know all the circumstances yet, but I think it's safe to say she had something to do with it or is covering for someone who did. MOO

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

So, do you think that the mother is covering up and tried to pretend that he was kidnapped from the park but that someone else is responsible for killing her child then putting him out with the trash?

Reading about her past, I feel kind of sorry for her. I think she was ill equipped to have so many little kids in her care, given the fact that she did not have proper role models in her childhood. I think she was overwhelmed, and she knew it, since she had asked for help. I am not blaming Social Services at all. What can they do besides taking her kids? And I don't think that is what she wanted either. What a horrible tragedy. he was such an adorable little boy. :rose: :rose: :star:

eta: I don't know if she was responsible for the tragic death, but i do think she knows what happened...

Arrest will be announced soon I bet and we all know who it is! I said I had a bad feeling about this... I wished my feelings where wrong

I had a bad feeling too but I didn't want to accuse anyone. What a cute little boy and what a terrible shame if this could have been prevented. :(

Respectfully, I don't agree and I refuse to push any of the blame onto social services. There is not a single thing that SS could have given her to not make this woman's son end up dead while in her care. If she asked them to take him into foster care because she didn't like him or didn't want to deal with him, then I could see bringing SS in to blame partially.

((Princess)) I agree with you on your points. I apologize if I have the impression I was at all placing any blame on SS. Not my thoughts at all.

As a matter of fact, I agree mom was 100% responsible for little Emiliano's well being.

I meant to emphasize my hope that social services truly went the extra mile in their intervention capacities, as I hope every social service would. In this light, I think harm to the little boy was preventable.

Bless you for standing up for Emiliano.

Coming out of lurking...you guys are great here. Really, you are.

This poor child. It seems this is happening so often nowadays. I really wish this didn't happen. RIP little E. :(

So, do you think that the mother is covering up and tried to pretend that he was kidnapped from the park but that someone else is responsible for killing her child then putting him out with the trash?

Yes. Reminds me of that other case that keeps rearing its ugly head.

Aren't social services people trained to see the warning signs? If mom asked for help why wasn't she given the help and the kids taken away until she got the help she needed?

Was she raising these children on her own?

Oh my heart. :(

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/11/missing_3-year-old_cleveland_b.html#incart_river_default

From above link:
"A body tentatively identified as missing 3-year-old Emiliano Terry was found Monday evening in a trash bag at the Waste Management Transfer/Recycling Station in Oakwood, a county official said. The body was tentatively identified about 6:41 p.m, according to a city police report, said Powell Caesar, spokesman for the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office."
11915835-large.jpg

Quoting myself because I think what makes me the saddest about this whole case other than E's life being taken so soon is the picture above. To think, a human life--especially one so innocent and young, was found in a garbage bag among the rest of the town's trash. You deserved better, Emiliano. I am glad you are an angel baby now and will have a proper place to be laid to rest. :heartbeat:

With or without the existence of any social services, the primary source of love, care, protection, and safety for a child should be his/her parents.

I tell my kids that I'd walk through fire, swim the oceans, climb to the ends of the earth, and starve to death to save them.... and I mean it. It hurts my heart to no end that every.single.baby out there isn't loved in that same instinctively, primal way.

Rest peacefully in the arms of Jesus, little E.

She was 15 when she had her first child! She was 17 and pregnant again with Emiliano. This girl was over her head with stressors and I mentioned that this morning without even knowing the social services situation until now.

Children having children.

((Princess)) I agree with you on your points. I apologize if I have the impression I was at all placing any blame on SS. Not my thoughts at all.

As a matter of fact, I agree mom was 100% responsible for little Emiliano's well being.

I meant to emphasize my hope that social services truly went the extra mile in their intervention capacities, as I hope every social service would. In this light, I think harm to the little boy was preventable.

Bless you for standing up for Emiliano.
l
I understand what you meant now, I didn't mean to single your post out personally but I was responding to the words you wrote.

I love our WS peeps...all of them. Well, except for 2 but you're not one of them. LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back