Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it reported a sleeping bag and his belongings?
Think that was us discussing what we could see through the second floor window with the jacket on the door. Investigator had something in his hand. Cardboard or sleeping bag. And someone mentioned reading elsewhere that PD /SO had found quite a bit of stuff in the house

Think that was us discussing what we could see through the second floor window with the jacket on the door. Investigator had something in his hand. Cardboard or sleeping bag. And someone mentioned reading elsewhere that PD /SO had found quite a bit of stuff in the house

Aside from the coat, that's all rumor.

Here's another thought: Harley is an odd kid. He likely didn't have many friends. He may have been hanging out in the unoccupied home by himself for months instead of going over to friends' houses as he told his parents.

IMO all kids are odd....I own 2 and I have 2 nephews MANY cousins and 2nd cousins and I have babysat since I was 13...no 2 kids are alike, not even twins!!!

Here's another thought: Harley is an odd kid. He likely didn't have many friends. He may have been hanging out in the unoccupied home by himself for months instead of going over to friends' houses as he told his parents.

My middlest would totally have done that.

He might not have been allowed to be home alone. I've taught middle school and high school and many parents don't feel comfortable leaving their kids alone until they are 15. My brother had no disabilities that would affect him being able to stay home alone, but he was not allowed until he 16. He was too impulsive. And if you've ever met a 14 year old, a lot of times they are irresponsible with things. I wouldn't be suprised if Harley lost a key or 12 so he wasn't allowed to have one.
Maybe that is true that he wasn't allowed to be alone at home---but why then would she leave, knowing he was locked out. What was he supposed to do? Where was he supposed to go?

Bystanders are streaming live. Report is that LE just broke through the interior drywall of the house. Then a couple minutes later, they covered the last remaining window from which the public could observe the inside of the house.

The hanging coat looks so red, not maroon, to me - ??

In the pic of Harley crossing the street, to me it doesn't look like he has his puffy coat on. He certainly doesn't appear to have the hood up, either, in that cam capture pic, as he did in the porch pic.

JMO

I wonder if the owners of the home that was sitting empty had arranged with any neighbors to take care of the yard or keep an eye on things. For instance, who kept the yard mowed during the summer season or otherwise served as caretaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa