Found Deceased OH - Janet Garrett, 48, Miami Twp, 9 March 2017

prayers she will be ok. if she got into an accident of some kind, maybe she has amnesia and wondered into the woods?

wow! just seen what tracy posted. i still pray she will be ok and that she will face the music so to speak. feel for the mother

Yeah I mean, I drove by but it was raining. It's a well travelled road but after I found out there was a passenger and witnesses that she just walked off I wasn't as interested. I mean there's always a chance she had bad luck so I'll volunteer for searches but my opinion has definitely changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like it's very out of character for her to leave without arranging for someone to take care of her mother, regardless of whatever problems she might be facing legally. I hope she's found quickly and I hope her mother is okay as well.

The story doesn't indicate that another car was involved in her accident.

Being the caregiver for an aging parent with dementia is incredibly stressful. Maybe she walked off voluntarily, needing a break from life. Crossing my fingers that she will turn up safe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That was my thought! Car accident was the breaking point for her. Hopefully she is holed up in a motel somewhere to clear her head. The hardest part is the longer you stay hidden the harder it is to come back! Moo

Odd her motorcycle is stolen after the wreck. So she may be traveling on a motorcycle. Hope she comes to her senses, takes money and resources to stay on the lam.

yes there was another driver and yes the cops were called and talked to her. Janet had been drinking and left the scene on foot to avoid a DUI. The accident was a fender bender no injuries

the bike was not in running order so she could not have driven off on it

She didnt miss the court date until after she went missing, that is why there is a warrant and she was going to go to court.

Tracy she did not have A warrant until after she went missing and missed her court date that is the only warrant she has and it is a bench warrant for not showing. the whole area including the woods were searched last week and she is not in that area. someone could have picked her up and hurt her. that article makes her out to be on the run and no one knows that because that is not how she is. she would not have left her mother nor would she have ran from her court date. its sad people make assumptions and no longer care to help find her.

I feel for you all which is why I offered to help search. I live just in Loveland. Even if she did walk away voluntarily she could still have met with foul play. And I apologize for being confused about the warrant.

I feel for you all which is why I offered to help search. I live just in Loveland. Even if she did walk away voluntarily she could still have met with foul play. And I apologize for being confused about the warrant.

there was a very large search going on at the time you drove pass when it was raining. I did notice 4 people came in not dressed to search more than a sales rack stood around listening to everything being said until it was time to head out in the rain to search and left without searching.

yes there was another driver and yes the cops were called and talked to her. Janet had been drinking and left the scene on foot to avoid a DUI. The accident was a fender bender no injuries
This situation sounds confusing and stressful for Janet's family and friends.

IMO only, if she's the type of person who would walk away from the accident to avoid a DUI then it is possibl she is hiding from the consequences of the felony B & E charge.

Prayers that she is safe! I've been thinking of her family, especially her mom.

there was a very large search going on at the time you drove pass when it was raining. I did notice 4 people came in not dressed to search more than a sales rack stood around listening to everything being said until it was time to head out in the rain to search and left without searching.

Well, let me know when the next search is and I'll try to be there.

With all of the stress in Janet's life, the accident could have been her breaking point. Sometimes when people reach a certain point, they do things they wouldn't normally do. My sister lives with our 80-year-old mother (who is showing some signs of dementia) and I often worry about both of them.

We don't know the details of the B&E charge. There could be a simple explanation for what she did, with innocent intentions. But, with the stress of caring for her mother, the B&E charge, the car accident and foreseen DUI charge, she could have had a mental breakdown.

Hopefully, she is somewhere safe. I've thought maybe she called someone to pick her up. Maybe someone is helping her hide and escape her stress-filled life. I do find it difficult to believe Janet would willingly abandon her mother, though.

I'm just trying to sort through the info that we've been given and figure out where Janet could be. If she did have a mental breakdown, she might have sought psychiatric help or help with her alcohol problem. Have they checked psychiatric hospitals and detox centers? Janet was probably seeking some solace from her stressful life in alcohol, and it was only causing more problems for her, so IMO a detox or rehab center is a possibility.

If Janet called someone she knew to pick her up, there are two possibilities: one is that someone is helping her hide. The other is that someone is holding her against her will. Before I read the latest news, I was wondering if she called a male friend/acquaintance and that person turned out to not be as trustworthy as she thought. Also, she could have called a lady friend for advice, but the friend's husband/boyfriend agreed to pick her up and has taken her somewhere.

Are any of Janet's friends, or is a boyfriend/husband of a friend noticeably missing or gone often? Have LE thoroughly checked her email contacts, address books and SM friends, and questioned each one?

Just some thoughts.

hospitals have been checked and all the other is very much a possibility

With all of the stress in Janet's life, the accident could have been her breaking point. Sometimes when people reach a certain point, they do things they wouldn't normally do. My sister lives with our 80-year-old mother (who is showing some signs of dementia) and I often worry about both of them.

We don't know the details of the B&E charge. There could be a simple explanation for what she did, with innocent intentions. But, with the stress of caring for her mother, the B&E charge, the car accident and foreseen DUI charge, she could have had a mental breakdown.

Hopefully, she is somewhere safe. I've thought maybe she called someone to pick her up. Maybe someone is helping her hide and escape her stress-filled life. I do find it difficult to believe Janet would willingly abandon her mother, though.

I'm just trying to sort through the info that we've been given and figure out where Janet could be. If she did have a mental breakdown, she might have sought psychiatric help or help with her alcohol problem. Have they checked psychiatric hospitals and detox centers? Janet was probably seeking some solace from her stressful life in alcohol, and it was only causing more problems for her, so IMO a detox or rehab center is a possibility.

If Janet called someone she knew to pick her up, there are two possibilities: one is that someone is helping her hide. The other is that someone is holding her against her will. Before I read the latest news, I was wondering if she called a male friend/acquaintance and that person turned out to not be as trustworthy as she thought. Also, she could have called a lady friend for advice, but the friend's husband/boyfriend agreed to pick her up and has taken her somewhere.

Are any of Janet's friends, or is a boyfriend/husband of a friend noticeably missing or gone often? Have LE thoroughly checked her email contacts, address books and SM friends, and questioned each one?

Just some thoughts.
Great post! Love the way you think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member