Found Alive OH - Kason & Kyair Thomass - 5-Month-Old Twins - In Stolen Vehicle - *Nalah Jackson Arrested* - Columbus

This article says he was found unresponsive. Hopefully the autopsy will determine the cause of death.

Police confirmed to 10TV that 6-month-old Ky'air Thomas was pronounced dead just before midnight Saturday. Homicide detectives responded to the call for an unresponsive child, and are investigating the baby’s death

BREAKING: One of the twin infants rescued during a statewide Amber Alert last month has died, according to a family spokesperson.

January 29, 2023 6:58AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — One of the twin infants rescued during a statewide Amber Alert last month has died, according to a family spokesperson.

Ky’air Thomas died in Columbus Sunday morning, according to Davante Goins, a spokesperson and advocate for the Thomas family. His cause of death has yet to be released.

About one month ago, Ky’air and his brother Kason — five months old at the time — were safely returned home after being abducted from the Short North on Dec. 19, when the children’s mother’s running car was stolen outside a Donato’s restaurant.

[…]

What?! Omg!!

I just don't even have words. As a mother, to have a child back like that, and then taken away again...

Wilma Booker, the aunt of the mother of the twins said... "While I wasn't exactly right there when it happened, my kids were there. Momo (the twins' mother's nickname) was feeding the babies, and one of them started choking on the milk and that's what happened. She immediately called 911, trying to do chest compression and CPR things to get the baby back at that time. It was just like an accident that happened from feeding the babies and that was it."

Well, if that's the case, the charges against Jackson shouldn't change. I wasn't sure if it was going to come out that he had residual health issues linked to the abduction and exposure.
And this may indeed be linked to it. It's NOT normal for a baby to choke to death, not on age-appropriate food, anyway.

Fly high with the angels, Ky'Air. We don't know why, but you did everything here that you were supposed to do.

This is so heartbreaking. <modsnip - moms social media not allowed>
6 months is too old for SIDS, usually, but a seizure would make sense. I'm sure the autopsy will tell us more.

I for one hope it was from natural causes. He'd endured too much already in his short life.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article has more info:

"She's doing really bad right now," Booker said. "While I wasn't exactly right there when it happened, my kids were there. Momo (the twins' mother's nickname) was feeding the babies, and one of them started choking on the milk and that's what happened. She immediately called 911, trying to do chest compression and CPR things to get the baby back at that time. It was just like an accident that happened from feeding the babies and that was it."

Columbus Police were called to the family's home for a medical emergency. Paramedics and doctors did all they could, but it wasn't enough.

Is that a normal thing, that a baby 6 month old would choke on milk and die? That sounds unusual. Was it a bottle?

If so, maybe the hole in the nipple was too big and he took in too much?

"She's doing really bad right now," Booker said. "While I wasn't exactly right there when it happened, my kids were there. Momo (the twins' mother's nickname) was feeding the babies, and one of them started choking on the milk and that's what happened. She immediately called 911, trying to do chest compression and CPR things to get the baby back at that time. It was just like an accident that happened from feeding the babies and that was it."

Columbus Police were called to the family's home for a medical emergency. Paramedics and doctors did all they could, but it wasn't enough.

Is that a normal thing, that a baby 6 month old would choke on milk and die? That sounds unusual. Was it a bottle?

If so, maybe the hole in the nipple was too big and he took in too much?
Was he being held and fed, or in a crib with a bottle propped up in his mouth?

IMO it would have to be to big of a bite of something that got lodged? Makes more sense than milk. IMO
One time I grabbed a bottle from my moms cabinet when my son was an infant. Evidently the nipple was very old because when I began to feed him, he started choking and spitting out milk---and the nipple had cracked so a whole big stream of milk was coming out fast.

Maybe something like that happened? The nipple had too big of a stream and he choked on it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse
Back