OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about explaining that the text could have been sent earlier...who does that? Who goes off on tangents like that, when they are answering questions about their missing fiance? Weird...

Lots of other news stories going on in Cincinnati (two people shot by police in separate incidents over the weekend, a horrible boating accident) and I've not seen Katelyn in the news at all since Friday. It's only been a week- they need to keep her name and face out there. It doesn't sound like any more searches are being organized either. :(

I have been searching for thoughts and feelings of people who know KM and JC. I found some postings from JC's sister. She said that there is someone that both KM and JC know that is obsessed with her. She said at one point he would say how much he loved her and the next that he hated her and wanted her to die. :(

She said that her relationship with her mom is strained (my word). She said KM was tired that night so JC left. They think that he left and then someone knocked on the door and she thought nothing of it and opened the door because she thought it was JC.

http://www.psychiccrimefighter.com/forum/general-2/katelyn-markham/page_2/

911 Call

Dispatcher: When did you last see her?
JC: Uh, I saw her at like 12 o’clock last night. She lives in a house by herself.

JC: The only thing that’s not there is her cell phone. It’s positive, but she’s not answering it.

http://www.wlwt.com/r-video/28909094/detail.html

So which is it? During the 911 call he said he last saw her "like 12 o'clock." Other times he said it was "about 11 - 11:30 pm."

Interesting comment he made about her cell phone being "positive."[/QUOTE

I can't think of anything he has said that isn't odd or strange, for the circumstances...
No idea what he means by "it's positive" in reference to the phone...
Or why he thinks she is "close"
Or why he said not to worry about her...
Or why he took her papers away to burn them...

My husband is kind of awkward, were he to speak publically, so I know he would probably come off as shifty as can be, in a situation like this, but this guy is really tweaking every bit of intuition I have...

Re: positive. Could he have meant it was on? Or positive that she has it but she's not answering? :waitasec:

Could this be a hoax or is she hiding? "Not too worry" (he knows where she is)? Burying papers (did she have something needing to be rid of?)

Could she be in a witness protection program and that's why he can't say anything?

I guess I'm still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but everything he says and does is too suspicious. Very bizarre.

JC's sister did write that the person that is "obsessed" with KM was questioned by police.

Inch High PI: that was exactly my gut reaction when I read "really hope someone finds her" on his FB.

JC does say and post some odd things like this statement that he posted as his status on facebook on August 17th. Someone questioned who they might be and another poster claimed JC hadn't eaten or slept in 5 days and "they" was a grammatical error.

" This is not the last of the flyers we will continue to print them till they are found"

JC does say and post some odd things like this statement that he posted as his status on facebook on August 17th. Someone questioned who they might be and another poster claimed JC hadn't eaten or slept in 5 days and "they" was a grammatical error.

" This is not the last of the flyers we will continue to print them till they are found"

Maybe he thinks she ran off with someone or she's staying with a friend? Grammatical error? :waitasec:

I don't totally buy this suggestion and that might be because living a few miles away I would be sleeping a lot better if they would tell us SOMETHING. My point being have they asked JC to take a lie detector, has he, did he pass. Who saw her other then JC on Saturday? I have a dozen other questions but my biggest question is IF the police do suspect foul play what is the theory?

I know how you feel, when you live close to a possible crime scene and you don't know what really happened yet!
We live in the same town as Laurean (Lauterbach, pregnant marine murdered), during the time he was on the run.....our Rottweiler wanted out at 4 am, which was very unusual! I took him out the back door and hooked him to his chain (a strong cable, capable of pulling a car), as I hooked him, he started to growl, as soon as I let go he took off.....at that minute, I looked over at the tree line a saw a figure of a young male smoking....the youth started running and the dog got to the end of the chain, it lifted the dog off the ground and snapped the hardware on the chain! The dog gave chase, all I could do is scream!
I call the police, more worried that my dog would eat the young man! I was clear that I saw the outline of a teenager! The show of force by LE was unblievable, I was grateful but surprised!
As it turned out it was a young kid, hiding to smoke and he made over a fence and back in his home before LE got here. The police caught my dog, and the show of force was because of Laurean!
We all kinda lived on pins and needles until Laurean was arrested in Mexico!

To be honest, she wanted me to burn some legal documents… My friend has a fire pit.

[Reporter asked what time he got the texted photo from her]:

I remember looking at it and it said 12:52 but to be honest those photos come in so slowly it could have been way earlier than that she sent it and I just got it at 12:52, you know.

[Reporter asked “where was she, do you know?”]

She was at her house; she was about to go to bed.

JC said after he left KM he was with some friends -- one of whom had a fire pit.

People who say "to be honest" make me wonder if they are really being honest. Honest people are just honest and don't feel the need to say so.

He says the texted photo could have arrived a lot earlier but he comments that when it was sent, KM was at her house going to bed.

He said he got home "kind of late" because he had been with some friends and was watching TV and stuff and then sent KM a good morning text. He doesn't need sleep?[/QUOTE]

Snipped...
I always say "to be honest", blah blah blah.. I think it comes from me thinking, and then talking. I am a very honest person. So I don't think that has anything to do with honesty. My opinion of course.

I do not see anything posted on his wall pass the 16th. Why is his pic not changed to hers? I see tons on his fb paged that have changed it. He is adding friends like crazy.

If Katelyn did not send the pic of the pic to JC, then thats really weird, I wonder what the pic is of? I would think someone up to no good, would just send a quick text but a pic??? I wonder if someone knocked on her door, would she open it? I would not open my door, unless I knew the person. Which there goes another theory, if the perp is known to her.

How can he say the search didn't go well... If nothing is found I would believe that being hope that she is still alive. Then he goes on saying I really hope someone finds her. None of this is making sense. If my husband was missing, I would most likely post they did not find anything today, I hope he is found alive, for petes sake.

The fiance's Facebook is off limits! And so is bashing him.

We can link to the victim's page or a suspect's page, but we do not copy and paste posts. If you see something interesting, paraphrase it in a sentence or two and provide the link. We do not link to the social networking pages of family and friends.

Generally, we can link to a FB group page, like a victim's "missing" page or a media station's fan page.

We can post links to most other websites, but do not copy and paste. Again, paraphrase what's interesting and add the link.

In reading some of the comments on different news articles it has been mentioned a few times that JC's friends are into satanic worship. Anyone else see things that would support that? Maybe would tie into burning the papers that night at his friend's firepit. I would assume the police have already checked the pit. Although would they need a search warrant for that?

I asked before if anyone has a link to this comment about the satanic worship, I have seen NOTHING to suggest this and would like to know if someone has a link. I have looked everywhere and can't find one mention.

The comments I copy and pasted were not from anyone's FB page, it was from a forum and I didn't know I couldn't do that. Thanks.

I asked before if anyone has a link to this comment about the satanic worship, I have seen NOTHING to suggest this and would like to know if someone has a link. I have looked everywhere and can't find one mention.

I will look for the comments later today. I've read so many sites and articles that they mesh together. I'm thinking one maybe the fox news 19's facebook page under one of the postings on KM.

Two others are comments of people who seem to know them and they are in the comments of newspaper articles...I will look though and find them.

An anonymous donor has put up a $3000 reward for information leading to a missing Fairfield college student. 22 year old Katelyn Markham was last seen on Saturday, August 13th.

Local 12 has also learned that the cyber crimes unit of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) is now working with Fairfield Police as they try to find Markham.

Fairfield Police admitted for the first time on Wednesday that they suspect foul play in the case of a missing woman. Markham was reported missing on Sunday, August 14th. The night before, her fiance John Carter says she sent a text message-which included a photo of herself-to him. That was the last time anyone heard from Markham. She didn't show up for work the next day at either of her two jobs-at the Art Institute of Ohio or David's Bridal.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...g-Fairfield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx

The part about explaining that the text could have been sent earlier...who does that? Who goes off on tangents like that, when they are answering questions about their missing fiance? Weird...

people who want to muddle the timeline say things like that. Also, a picture of a picture? That could be that the person who had her phone did not have her in a photo condition and thought a good alibi or timeline smoker would be to send a picture as if she was sending it. mo

If that is the picture it is strange-I expected one of two things and that picture is neither of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value