AMBER ALERT OH - Keshaun Williams 15, Possible Abduction, was at house party Fleet & Gertrude, may be w/unk persons in black SUV, Cleveland, 17 Jun 2023

Police believe this child was abducted. There’s an active Amber alert. Why isn’t this national news???
The police said there was a possibility of abduction, but so far no news as to why they think so. I wish there was more detailed info but the last I read was his Mom said the police told her that there were gang members at the party and that they were giving him alcohol. I keep checking the news, but there doesn't seem to be anything new but the reward money hopefully will encourage someone to speak up. Cleveland mom speaks out about missing 15-year-old son

This case is somewhat odd to me.

On one hand, this child seems to have a somewhat active/predictable schedule (always church on Sundays, also seems to take boxing lessons) and although it was summer break, is said to do well in school, help kids being bullied and does gardening. But was also at a house party @ 15 with alcohol and wasn't immediately reported missing- there was a 3 day delay before reporting a 15 year old missing to police? Why? No mentions of recent changed behavior or a history of going out partying and returning days later so the delay just doesn't make sense.

The sim from the phone being removed doesn't sound good any way you slice it.

Keshaun Williams

The U.S. Marshals Service Monday pledged an additional $2,500 for information on his whereabouts.

NOV 10, 2023
[...]

Keshaun, who will turn 16 on Dec. 9, has been missing since June 17 when authorities say he never returned home after telling his mother to say he was on his way.

"Anybody out there who thinks they know what happened to Keshaun or have any knowledge of the disappearance that evening, no lead is too small," added Sylvia Colon, Co-Founder of Cleveland Missing

[...]

"We continue to actively search for Keshaun and are committed to this investigation," Cleveland police spokesman Sergeant Wilfredo Diaz told 3News. "We are in constant communication with Keshawn’s family and will continue to work with our federal partners to follow up on any leads we receive. If anyone has any information, we ask they contact the Cleveland Division of Police."

[...]

NOV 10, 2023

“I was expecting that with the reward money, someone would come forward with some information,” she said. “You can let a friend of a family know and tell someone else. It really doesn’t matter. I really don’t need to know who it came from. I just need to know where my son is.”

The monetary reward for information that helps bring the missing teen home is now up to $22,500. On top of the initial $10,000 reward, the United States Marshals Service has pledged an additional $5,000 and an anonymous person has also pledged another $5,000. In October, an anonymous donor also contributed $2,500.

Snowden told reporters she needs to know where her son is. Through tears, she spoke directly to her son.

"I just miss waiting for you to walk through that door (and) taking you to boxing practice. I miss your smile. I want to hear your voice. Keshaun, if you see this, please come home. I love you. I'm waiting for you because I know you're going to walk through that door," she said.

There are cases that dilute the Amber Alert system. In my opinion, this is one of those cases in that it is lacking core information and core timeliness. I hope he is found; I fear the average citizen of Cleveland is less likely to pay attention to his phone the next time it buzzes, and I’m lol eethat’s also a tragedy.

NOV 1, 2023
He vanished after going to a party in his Cleveland neighborhood on June 17.

Witnesses later told police they saw him tied up and beaten inside of a car, which led to what has now become Ohio’s longest active Amber Alert.

In the latest episode of the 19 News true crime podcast, Dark Side of the Land, investigative reporter Sara Goldenberg sits down with Cleveland Police and the U.S. Marshals Service for an update on the search for Keshaun.

[...]

NOV 15, 2023
In the latest episode of the 19 News true crime podcast, Dark Side of the Land, investigative reporter Sara Goldenberg updates the ongoing search for Keshaun, who has been missing for nearly five months.

Parts 1 and 2 of “Finding Keshaun” are available on all major podcast platforms, including SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple, or wherever you listen to podcasts.

CLEVELAND — The search for missing Cleveland teen Keshaun Williams continued on Thursday.

Cleveland police tell 3News that 30 officers and federal agents, alongside cadaver dogs, searched an area of creek bed from I-77 to East 55th Street, but found nothing.

The search in Newburgh Heights lasted for just over two hours.

Officials told 3News that they had wanted to search this area since the summer, but they had to wait until there was more visibility after the leaves fell off the trees.

FEB 15, 2024
[...]

While authorities continue their efforts to find the 16-year-old boy, there hasn't been new developments in the case.

"The challenge with this case is that it’s going on for so long," Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy tells 3News.

Majoy, who also serves as board president for Cleveland Missing says there is still a $22,500 reward being offered for information in the case.

"Somebody knows something at some place, and we have to really rely upon that," Majoy says. "We really hope somebody is willing to come forward. They can remain anonymous. We can protect their identity. But there’s a family looking for answers. There’s a family that’s hurting. We really want to try and help them."

[...]

FEB 15, 2024
[...]

While authorities continue their efforts to find the 16-year-old boy, there hasn't been new developments in the case.

"The challenge with this case is that it’s going on for so long," Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy tells 3News.

Majoy, who also serves as board president for Cleveland Missing says there is still a $22,500 reward being offered for information in the case.

"Somebody knows something at some place, and we have to really rely upon that," Majoy says. "We really hope somebody is willing to come forward. They can remain anonymous. We can protect their identity. But there’s a family looking for answers. There’s a family that’s hurting. We really want to try and help them."

[...]
Unfortunately, my personal feeling is this was gang related given the reporting we have so far. With that, I doubt any of the people there, or possible witnesses are going to come forward, even for that large of a reward, as they would be afraid of retribution by those involved, even if LE promises to protect their identity. But someone does know something, in my opinion.

APR 4, 2024
At times, the smallest lead can help find a missing child.

It’s what the unit hopes to find in the ongoing investigation of missing 15-year-old Keshaun Williams. An Amber Alert was issued for Williams last June when he went to a house party in Cleveland and never returned home.

At the time, his mother, Sherice Snowden, said she believed he was being held against his will. She said Williams is very loved and she would not let up in the search to find him.

us marshals

U.S. marshals in northern Ohio have launched a permanent, full-time task force to find missing children.

Presser at 10 AM tomorrow
NEWBURGH HEIGHTS, Ohio — Officials and Keshaun William's family are set to host a press conference on Thursday, April 11, to give an update on the Cleveland teen who has been missing for nearly 10 months.

We plan to stream the press conference live in the video at the top of this story at 10 a.m. You can also watch coverage on our YouTube channel (subscribe here).

APR 11, 2024
  • LE wants to remind you that Williams may look different now that it’s been almost a year since he went missing.
  • There still is a reward for $22,500 for information leading to Keshaun’s whereabouts.
  • Police say the night Williams went missing, he was at a party on Gertrude Avenue.
  • Witnesses later told police they saw him tied up and beaten inside a car, which led to what has now become Ohio’s longest active amber alert.
Majoy said authorities expect to do another canvass this spring.

Authorities have “no reason to think he’s left the state,” Majoy said. “However, we’re not ruling out anything at this point.”

"There is a family out there who is hurting and we need to help," Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy said. "When I say we, I don't mean Cleveland Missing. I don't mean law enforcement. I mean everybody who is watching this, who sees this, to know that we all need to come together to try and find Keshaun and bring him home to his mom."

APR 11, 2024
  • LE wants to remind you that Williams may look different now that it’s been almost a year since he went missing.
  • There still is a reward for $22,500 for information leading to Keshaun’s whereabouts.
  • Police say the night Williams went missing, he was at a party on Gertrude Avenue.
  • Witnesses later told police they saw him tied up and beaten inside a car, which led to what has now become Ohio’s longest active amber alert.
Majoy said authorities expect to do another canvass this spring.

Authorities have “no reason to think he’s left the state,” Majoy said. “However, we’re not ruling out anything at this point.”

"There is a family out there who is hurting and we need to help," Newburgh Heights Police Chief John Majoy said. "When I say we, I don't mean Cleveland Missing. I don't mean law enforcement. I mean everybody who is watching this, who sees this, to know that we all need to come together to try and find Keshaun and bring him home to his mom."
That last bullet point :(

IMO I don't think there will be a happy ending to this case

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member