OH OH - Nikki Forrest, 19, pregnant, Piqua, 25 Sep 2010

Any updates?? That is so odd about the text message.Couldn't the police find the phones owner and question him? I am so sorry you're all going through this. Still praying she is found safe and sound soon !

Long time; no solid updates. Thanks, MommaTracy...keep an eye out, will you?

The police conducted searches on births and did not find Nikki to have given birth at any time (I don't know what range they checked). They ran her social and stats and got nothing.

With no new leads and going on 8 months missing, there's not a lot of hope left.

On Good Friday, a call was received from Nikki's ex-stepmother. She claimed to have gotten text messages from someone who called themselves "Niki". Now, Nikki has always been strange about how people spell her name. It could be a typo, but not sure. When she called the number from which the texts came, a male answered and said a girl had stolen his phone briefly, made a call and sent a few text messages. He said she had dark hair, was slightly overweight, and looked "messed up". He said he was standing somewhere in Piqua at the time.

I guess I'm suspicious because 1. Who would have her ex-stepmother's number? 2. If she couldn't type her name right, how could she type in the number correctly? 3. Who did the girl call?

Frustrated. I'm hoping the police are looking into this.

So sorry for your frustration and fears.

So, do I understand correctly that the ex-step-mother received 2 calls and/or text messages at different times from someone? The first one being a call that said that Nikki was fine and didn't want to be contacted. Then, this second text message?

Have the police even tried to trace these calls? Does the police still think she left on her own?

Hi all.

The ex-step-mother has claimed to hear from two different people regarding Nikki. So yes, you are correct. However, neither she nor the police have been able to prove these claims. Going on a year (Sunday), I'd like to hope it's true, but...I don't really trust the woman giving that info.

The police still think she left on her own because of this woman (above) who told police that she would run off on her own at any time for a drug fix or blahblahblah. Sure, she had run off before, but she wasn't reliant on medication and she wasn't out of touch with anyone during that time. She had been living with my mother and father at the time, and she called them within a couple of hours to confess that she'd spent the night at a friend's house instead of coming home.

Since we have literally nothing to go on, I've set up a small place to pay respects or hold a vigil. Nikki's mother's grave is in the Riverside Cemetery in Troy, Ohio. She's in section 10. The only thing marking her grave (since Nikki never had the money to purchase a stone) is a bench and a tin sign with "Lynn Forrest" on it. I placed an angel next to the bench. I guess this is my way of trying to come to terms with the fact that she may never come home. If she doesn't, I at least have somewhere to go and remember her.

The family has come to the conclusion that in a year of no contact, she is most likely dead. I'll still shudder when I pass the place her medication was found and I'll still do a double-take when I see a girl who resembles her. But I don't think I can deal with the fact that this case was ignored by incompetent authorities who can't see foul play when it's shoved in their face.

This community is doing a great service. We must always fight for those who are not considered "high-profile" enough to warrant a fair investigation. Keep it up, guys.

Thanks for your support.

Just stumbled upon this missing person today...I have a lot of family and friends who live in Piqua so it caught my eye. Praying for you, Nikki, and your family.

Hi all,

No new real updates, to my knowledge. However WHIO news in Dayton will be running a new story about Nikki tonight/this weekend. Her "former guardian" (which is what I told her to call herself) Tammy Forrest (ex-step mother) will be sending a message to Nikki that if she is just hiding in Piqua, she will not be charged with anything should she come forward. I did not want to be on the news, but I offered a telephone statement.

Our family just recently heard from Nikki's father, who had been unwilling to give any statements or cooperate with anyone. From the conversations had, it seems he isn't even aware of the gravity of the situation. He just accused his own sister (my mother) of "turning Nikki against him". Not sure if he's aware that she's still missing, even though he's been told...we think he may be suffering from a mental illness.

Thank you, ncbuckeyecb. All prayers are appreciated.

"Cold Case detective joins search for woman who vanished while pregnant"

http://www.whio.com/news/news/cold-case-detective-joins-search-woman-who-vanishe/nmwMC/

The boyfriend told police that he last saw Nikki Forrest the night of September 25, 2010 when she showed up at his home on Croydon Rd. in Troy.

"The story we have received is that there was an argument and he placed her baggage outside his house and some unknown person came and picked her up and drove off with her and she's not been seen since," said Tom Christy, Piqua Deputy Chief of Police. "That was the dispute that night, whether he was the father or not."

What are the chances that she has been held somewhere and Baby Doe is hers? Similar looks and the timing is right.

I can't believe this young lady is still missing, and how little attention her disappearance has attracted, since she was only 19 and pregnant.

This is my community, and both Piqua and Troy are small enough to the point that even those who didn't know Nikki (like me) know some of her friends and family.

Rumors around here are that new witnesses came forward this past summer....but so far, nothing from LE.

Something I would consider if I were family is a well-publicized public vigil (there haven't been any that I'm aware of) with media attention, and LE making a request for people to come forward with information to bring Nikki and her baby home. People who were afraid to speak 5 years ago may reconsider and come forward if there is enough attention given to this case.

The families of both Nikki and Shaylene Farrell (also missing from this area in 1994) deserve answers.

Any updates?? That is so odd about the text message.Couldn't the police find the phones owner and question him? I am so sorry you're all going through this. Still praying she is found safe and sound soon !

Dassala...do you know who paid her cell phone bill, and were the records requested by LE for tower pings, calls, etc.?

It's been close to 6 years and still no information on the disappearance of Nikki. Deputy Chief Tom Christy has retired from the force with this case still on his mind. I don't believe there ever was a vigil for Nikki or a reward put up for any info on her whereabouts.

This is the year Nikki's child would be starting kindergarten. If she were able to carry the baby to full term and if Nikki is out there, the little boy or girl should be registered by now. It takes a lot of information to get your child in school these days. Her SSN still has not hit. I've looked for marriage license to see if her name had changed and got nothing. I'm a former Piqua resident and was acquainted with this family. It just doesn't sound right at all. Her mother passes away years ago. No mention of the father or other living relatives. Who is missing this girl now besides an online community and a few friends?

Nikki is not listed on the doe network as a missing person. I am not sure if a family member has to do this. If so, it will not be done. They don't even mention her. Maybe the police are not so concerned because the family is not concerned? Maybe the family is not so concerned because???? She was still a sweet girl with potential and a long life ahead of her she deserved a lot more than the crap life threw at her. I realize I use past tense because I do believe Nikki has met a tragic end after 6years. Maybe try looking closer to home.

I don't buy the boyfriend's story--not for one second.

Ozoner I don't either. If he was involved though there is no way he acted alone. Nikki was a small girl but being pregnant she was a big girl. This boyfriend could in no way move her alone. This had to be a team effort. He could not have been very old either so first thing he would have done is panicked and called someone to help. The PPD had to have checked his phone records. If he were making a lot of calls at the time she went missing that would be odd or interesting..right? Her "family" though says nothing about her like she never existed. They dont post on dedicated pages to her. No " we miss you" or anything. Am I the only one that finds that odd? Just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back