OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Joe Friday, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Sounds like Radical islamic terrorism to me, lone wolf. Jmo

2. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Fox35 in Orlando just did a report on Rep. Scott Plankon (R) Longwood,Fl. filing legislation to allow students to conceal carry on campus in response to campus shootings for the state of Florida.
    His point was shooters target gun free zones like schools and students should not have to give up their right to protect themselves once they step on campus.
    I thought of not posting this because of the chance for the discussion to go off the rail but it is important with so many campus shootings.

3. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Way to go!

4. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Okay I was thinking of income or property taxes.

5. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

A community member who spoke to the attacker's family described them as shocked. The community member described Artan as a good kid. She confirmed Artan had just finished community college before starting this semester at Ohio State.
    A US official said Artan was a legal permanent US resident from Somalia. Separately, a federal law enforcement official and a US official said Artan came to the country in 2014 with his family.
    They were in Pakistan after leaving Somalia before coming to the United States two years ago, the US official said.
    Neighbor Stephanie Leper told CNN Artan's family occupies four units. Law enforcement vehicles arrived at the town homes sometime after 10 a.m. and took people away in "paddy wagons," she said.

Sorry about CNN link

[video=cnn;us/2016/11/28/ohio-state-university-attack-orig-mss.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohio-state-university-active-shooter/index.html[/video]

6. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

It seems the professor was in his dept

• Faculty Emeritus, Materials Science Engineering

• 476 Watts Hall
      2041 College Rd
      Columbus, OH 43210
    The cop yelled to the suspect, “Drop it and get down or I’ll shoot!” before opening fire, Bowers said.

Student Sean Cody said he was walking to class near Watts Hall when he heard what sounded like a blast and saw a cloud of dust and about 30 people “booking it” — fleeing from Watts Hall.

OSU’s main campus in Columbus is one of the largest in the US.

The school has been in a celebratory mood after its football Buckeyes beat the University of Michigan 30-27 in double OT on Saturday — OSU’s fifth straight victory over the Wolverines.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/28/active-shooter-reported-at-ohio-state-university/

7. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Ummah means the community of muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah

8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Is he back in town? He spent nearly all of 2015-2016 out of the state.

9. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Apologies.Trying to delete double post.

10. CARIIS

The fire department was already on the scene, responding to a report of a chemical leak which turned out to be a bad filter

Officials have said initial indications are that the fire alarm and timing of the attack were coincidental.

Officer Alan Horujk was already on the scene, and he responded to the incident quickly

“This place is huge and I don’t even know where to play,” Artan said. “I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-state-university-active-shooter-on-campus/

11. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

The suspect came to the U.S. with his family in 2014. He must have started at the community college right away and graduated with an Associates degree in spring of this year. He entered OSU as a junior.

12. BetteDavisEyes

Suspect came to the U.S. from Somalia and Pakistan with his family in 2014.

13. Betty P

This article says he was 20 yrs old. Sounds more realistic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...university-warns-of-active-shooter-on-campus/

He lived in an apartment with about 8 other people, 6 believed to be his siblings.

14. BetteDavisEyes

Suspect didn't come to the U.S. until 2014, so he didn't attend high school here. He got an Associates degree and entered OSU as a junior.

15. Betty P

Oh, we do. The state doesn't tax food, but it taxes other items. Also taxes income, etc.

16. CARIIS

Is the term buckhead only to this university ??

This officially started at 1056. Can we find out when the florine thing started?

17. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

RSBM

Wonder if he was influenced by the teachings of someone here in the U.S. ; or if he became radicalized online , or from the country in which he initially resided ?
    Since it is nearly impossible to predict any attacks by 'lone wolves' .. maybe we need to look more closely at the source ?
    :moo:

18. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Buckeye, not buckhead. :)

19. CARIIS

It is actually like can we predict when white American males going on a shooting spree?

No, the only difference is white American mass shooters are far more P relevant than any other mass shooters.

The statistics indicate we are far more in danger of being murdered by a white American mass shooter than anyone else!!

20. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Well, he specifically talked about Al- Awlawki in the facebook post that posted 3 min before the attack, so it's a safe bet he was "inspired" by Al-Awlaki. (See links upthread.) Al-Awlaki is also considered a martyr, as well as being a prime source of radical ideology and jihadi recruits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

ETA: Link for the facebook reference:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076