VERDICT WATCH OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's obviously the plan - to make sure Billy and George 4 are set free to return to FWF and continue their life of crime unmolested. Their family will need to keep Parker and Nash on retainer.
Yes & just think of how many catalytic converters are out there just waiting to be stolen Sorry, my sarcasm isn’t direct toward anyone here. I just can’t get over how awful this family is.

Last edited:
I noticed that there was no sign of regret or remorse for all the previous criminal activity.
He remembered a lot of details about houses they lived in, how they were burned, how they stole fuel, etc.. But, not nothing was known about the planning or the one night when the murders took place. Very convenient. He went to bed two different times that night from what he said. He said he had no TV in his room but said the kids were in his room watching cartoons that morning when they came back from the shed work…
MOO
Exactly! I feel so bad now that I realize there were victims to my other crimes. My dad led me to believe there were no people harmed by my crimes, but then I realized there were victims. It's all someone else's fault fault though. I say that with no real remorse or feeling about how I harmed people, I just need to stay that so you jurors believe I have changed my ways. I really haven't changed my ways because surprise I was still committing crimes after I said I was magically changed. I was knowingly taking apart trucks I knew would be reported stolen. I can tell you specifics about all 5 trucks.

Oh and I didn't want to keep Tabatha from Vine, not at all. I just didn't want to let her know I was back because she might want to see him. I didn't want her to not see him, but I didn't want to make it too easy for her to see him either. Nope I know nothing at all about a June 7th date of abandonment my mom talked about. I know nothing about that. I wasn't hiding from her, I just wasn't telling her where I was. In order for her to see Vine she needed to magically guess where I was living.

And now here they are zero ability to protect their family. It's baffling they could get this far into some narrative that it lead to this. If only Angela would have taken her own advise and got therapy for her trauma or went to police to press charges.
I think the actual reason they never went to police or CPS is because their own criminality would come under scrutiny in a child protective case.

All three so far have been like that!

I will never forget AW & JW each testifying about protecting their family, with no remorse whatsoever for wiping out two generations of an entire family plus Ms Geneva's two sons, her nephew and Frankie's fiance while leaving the third generation orphans.

Protecting THEIR family. I could spit nails every time I think about those words.

I agree! I have a suspicion we've seen nothing until we see and hear Billy's defense.

Jmo but I would have a big problem with my dgt being around (anyone other than bci guys) that testified in this case. It’s sad to say but each one had issues on both defense and prosecutors side. Maybe not the preachers, but even they had problems recognizing flaws in people.

I have seen before where clergy doesn't seem to recognize flaws in people.

Exactly! I feel so bad now that I realize there were victims to my other crimes. My dad led me to believe there were no people harmed by my crimes, but then I realized there were victims. It's all someone else's fault fault though. I say that with no real remorse or feeling about how I harmed people, I just need to stay that so you jurors believe I have changed my ways. I really haven't changed my ways because surprise I was still committing crimes after I said I was magically changed. I was knowingly taking apart trucks I knew would be reported stolen. I can tell you specifics about all 5 trucks.

Oh and I didn't want to keep Tabatha from Vine, not at all. I just didn't want to let her know I was back because she might want to see him. I didn't want her to not see him, but I didn't want to make it too easy for her to see him either. Nope I know nothing at all about a June 7th date of abandonment my mom talked about. I know nothing about that. I wasn't hiding from her, I just wasn't telling her where I was. In order for her to see Vine she needed to magically guess where I was living.
Excellent summation.

Ok this is gruesome but Jake said he was concerned about the infants getting hungry in the time between the murders & someone finding the bodies, right? I think he said he propped up one of the Hanna(h)s’ bodies so their infant could still nurse.
It’s all so incomprehensible. Can an infant even nurse from a dead body? [believe me, it never occurred to me before these people were murdered, but here we are]

So can anyone tell me how Jake used a Chicken to burn the house!
And George sure made look like he had nothing to do with it also
Wasn't that TC testimony? Set the chicken to cook and left to get birthday gifts. Jake used a watergun to spread the grease fire. IIRC Cr1 was there to oversee and call 911.

Order doughnuts in the morning and pizza in the afternoon/evening and tons of coffee for everyone then start putting all the evidence together showing George was in on the murder conspiracy and went that night, then explain he is a menace to society.

He was in on the murder conspiracy and never stopped it. He would never have missed 5 months of murder planning and getting ready. He was in on every single family decision, especially one as important and risky as this. He would not have been left out of this.

Late night party George asleep at 10:00pm that night, no way. At border he was saying he was up till midnight watching movies.

If he walks I will be pissed off royally at the prosecution for not proving it's Case. My only hope then will be they at least get Billy.

We still have Billy.

All of the above for me. Except no onion on the pizza.

I was researching jury instruction, found a site interesting. This case, IMO, has direct and circumstantial evidence. Not that one is more important than the other according to the instructions.

• Direct evidence usually is that which speaks for itself: eyewitness accounts, a confession, or a weapon.
  • Circumstantial evidence usually is that which suggests a fact by implication or inference: the appearance of the scene of a crime, testimony that suggests a connection or link with a crime, physical evidence that suggests criminal activity.

I literally took that to mean he set the chicken on fire and used the chicken to start the house fire. I am surprised he wasn't asked to clarify that, though.
I thought the same when GW4 stated in his testimony that JW set fire to the house with a chicken. I think the Wagners must have a bunch of "inside" jokes about chickens they like to tell. i.e. Jake selling a pregnant chicken.

Rant. Yes, a bulletproof bulldozer is on every corner, at every car lot. I can barely resist them. Honestly, where is he gonna get a bulldozer and bulletproof it? Bulldozers are pretty bulletproof in and of themselves. G4 is a ranter.

It does show George 4 state of mind. If I were on the jury, this would be huge to me. He is stating to what extreme he would be willing to break his family out of jail. He is clearly defending and working with his family. He is proving to me where his loyalty is, I believe when a person rants and rages they are having strong feelings, they are adamant and determined.

If I was on the JURY?

Well, That was a lot of confusing testimony at GWIV's trial. How am I going to vote?
I have 3 choices. Not-Guilty, Guilty or try to hang the Jury. If I can become hard headed, I can hang the Jury and a mistrial will be declared. If I can justify all the evidence presented, I could vote Guilty. If I can believe that Angie and Jake lied and risked their Plea bargain deal just to screw George, I could vote Not-Guilty.
If I am not convinced either way, what would be the safe way to go? Hung Jury, nope. The state might just give up and George walks. Not-Guilty, nope. George can give the world the finger and walk away. Guilty, only logical choice. If not-guilty George could stand up and admit to the world his guilt and laugh all the way to the bank. If found guilty, he will sit safely in jail awaiting possible appeals.
I would vote guilty. On all counts. No recommendation for mercy.

I read 2933.81 B as requiring the interview to be electronically recorded, unless it meets with one of the exceptions in section C.
They did not have to answer questions and could leave at anytime so it was not a custodial interrogation

Wasn't that TC testimony? Set the chicken to cook and left to get birthday gifts. Jake used a watergun to spread the grease fire. IIRC Cr1 was there to oversee and call 911.
I have to wonder about CRsr being involved. It is convenient to say when he can’t rebut
the accusations. And it is another way to slam the victims. They are well versed at throwing blame…

If I was on the JURY?

Well, That was a lot of confusing testimony at GWIV's trial. How am I going to vote?
I have 3 choices. Not-Guilty, Guilty or try to hang the Jury. If I can become hard headed, I can hang the Jury and a mistrial will be declared. If I can justify all the evidence presented, I could vote Guilty. If I can believe that Angie and Jake lied and risked their Plea bargain deal just to screw George, I could vote Not-Guilty.
If I am not convinced either way, what would be the safe way to go? Hung Jury, nope. The state might just give up and George walks. Not-Guilty, nope. George can give the world the finger and walk away. Guilty, only logical choice. If not-guilty George could stand up and admit to the world his guilt and laugh all the way to the bank. If found guilty, he will sit safely in jail awaiting possible appeals.
I would vote guilty. On all counts. No recommendation for mercy.
You would vote guilty, even if you weren't sure, out of safety? Or am I misreading your post?

It does show George 4 state of mind. If I were on the jury, this would be huge to me. He is stating to what extreme he would be willing to break his family out of jail. He is clearly defending and working with his family. He is proving to me where his loyalty is, I believe when a person rants and rages they are having strong feelings, they are adamant and determined.
If he was a changed man and done with the crime, then why not rant and rage saying You all can rot, I'll take care of the kids. You guys always up to something and I am done. I will not break you out of jail. If he was so done he could have said I'm gone and yall can deal with this fallout. Instead is involved in a conversation about how everyone would like to serve jail time or be electrocuted and his mother sure was trying to shut him up as he went on and on that day too. Jake tell him to shut up, don't say that George.. right becuase he's paranoid about BCI framing them so that just makes so much sense.

George says Jake always told, but in those recorded calls and wire taps George sure has a lot to say and many times his dear ole momma and even his dad wants to get off the phone and George just wants to keep on talking. Ha I might go back and listen again now that I have heard him on the stand. See what he was going on about that everyone just wanted to be done with the conversation and hang up.

Jmo I extremely disagree it was Angela and Jakes’s plan for George and Billy to go free. Jake couldn’t stand Billy. I wouldn’t think any plan Jake would come with up would involve Billy being the last man standing. Of course Billy is going to use that defense. Why wouldn’t he? The most the state proved at scene was two people. Jmo
I can see GWIII making the same claim as GWIV, I didn’t do anything, just ask me, I’ll tell you that… Kind of like: my dog didn’t bite you, and if I owned a dog, it wouldn’t bite you, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member