OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this stuff is ever going to end, but hopefully the Wagner trials will go on as planned. I can't even imagine how the R's are getting through this nightmare with all the delays. It's like reliving it every time it's delayed with no justice in sight.

O/T

Hubby and I have been exposed 4 times. We are still well as is the rest of the family, thank God. But we did lose our dog (a 14 year old min pin to what the vet said was "an allergic reaction to a spider bite" at the time. But we checked back on the dates and an old friend and client brought in their taxes a few days before he died of the virus. His daughter brought in hers on March 12. Our dog died March 20. He was fine nothing wrong with him then suddenly his lungs filled with fluid. We took him to the hospital and they put him on a ventilator and 2 hours later he was dead. The autopsy said nothing wrong with his heart, liver, kidneys, nothing, just his lungs filling with fluid faster than they could drain it off, so final report, ARDS caused by an allergic reaction to a spider bite or something he ate (re: like a peanut ect) but there was no peanuts in the house. Now they are saying cats and dogs are testing positive for Covid-19. I think he had it and since he was an old dog he died from it. I am pretty sure hubby had it too around March 15. He has never had any problems breathing but got so short of breath he had to stay the night in hospital. They said it was blood pressure. He never had a problem with that either, but it went up to 230/123. But he is fine now and still not taking any BP meds. No high BP or shortness of breath now either. I am waiting for the anti body tests to see if he had it. Hopefully they will do them on our other dogs and the cat too.

Sorry for the rant and off topic statement. I am so bored I can't wait until they open things back up.

Raisin, good to hear your story, though I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious dog, and I'm so thankful your hubby is okay. God bless America. JMO, there is no telling how many of us had it early and didn't know it, or who of us have it now and don't know it.

Rest in peace Chris Rhoden, Jr., Hanna Rhoden, Frankie Rhoden, Hannah Hazel Gilley, Dana Rhoden, Chris Rhoden, Sr., Gary Rhoden, and Kenneth Rhoden. Hopefully soon, the gutless killers who murdered you will be convicted and put to death.

Thursday, April 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing-RESCHEDULED! (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek the DP. *Pike County (Delaware County jail).
Court information from 11/19/18 thru 9/16/19 reference post #1221 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

12/11/19 Update: Judge says Angela can wear civilian clothes. Defense waiting for discovery on the most recent search. Also discussing discovery coordinator. Describing function of coordinator, looking into it, will get estimates of cost. Will be done by end of January (new discovery from search). Will file motion for discovery coordinator. To be done by Jan 31, next hearing on Feb. 25. @ 1:30pm.
2/25/20 Update: The Court inquired at the pre-trial hearing held 2/25/20, concerning the status of the State of Ohio's provision of discovery to the Defendant, and the Court was informed by the State of Ohio that discovery was not yet complete. The parties indicated to the Court at the pretrial this day that they have scheduled a meeting of counsel for State of Ohio & counsel for the Defendant to take place on 3/13/20, at the offices of the Ohio BCI&I in order for counsel to peruse the items of discovery & for counsel for the State of Ohio to provide some assistance to the Defendant's attorneys in organizing the items of discovery provided. It is the Court's understanding that the State of Ohio intends to have completed the provision of discovery to the Defendant by the time of the meeting on 3/13/20. Upon agreement of the parties, another pretrial hearing is scheduled in this action for Thursday, 4/23/20 at 1:30pm.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio's COVID 19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to schedule things for their calendars.
4/21/20 Update: Joint Motion to Continue Pretrial hearing on 4/23/20-Granted. The pretrial hearing is continued to 6/24/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 48) – Pretrial hearing on 6/22/20.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26/now 27) – Pretrial hearing on 6/22/20.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) – Pretrial & Scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20. No update as of 4/23/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Motion hearing on 12/2. No further court dates yet as of 12/14. No update as of 4/23/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Thursday, April 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing-RESCHEDULED! (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek the DP. *Pike County (Delaware County jail).
Court information from 11/19/18 thru 9/16/19 reference post #1221 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

12/11/19 Update: Judge says Angela can wear civilian clothes. Defense waiting for discovery on the most recent search. Also discussing discovery coordinator. Describing function of coordinator, looking into it, will get estimates of cost. Will be done by end of January (new discovery from search). Will file motion for discovery coordinator. To be done by Jan 31, next hearing on Feb. 25. @ 1:30pm.
2/25/20 Update: The Court inquired at the pre-trial hearing held 2/25/20, concerning the status of the State of Ohio's provision of discovery to the Defendant, and the Court was informed by the State of Ohio that discovery was not yet complete. The parties indicated to the Court at the pretrial this day that they have scheduled a meeting of counsel for State of Ohio & counsel for the Defendant to take place on 3/13/20, at the offices of the Ohio BCI&I in order for counsel to peruse the items of discovery & for counsel for the State of Ohio to provide some assistance to the Defendant's attorneys in organizing the items of discovery provided. It is the Court's understanding that the State of Ohio intends to have completed the provision of discovery to the Defendant by the time of the meeting on 3/13/20. Upon agreement of the parties, another pretrial hearing is scheduled in this action for Thursday, 4/23/20 at 1:30pm.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio's COVID 19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to schedule things for their calendars.
4/21/20 Update: Joint Motion to Continue Pretrial hearing on 4/23/20-Granted. The pretrial hearing is continued to 6/24/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 48) – Pretrial hearing on 6/22/20.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26/now 27) – Pretrial hearing on 6/22/20.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) – Pretrial & Scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20. No update as of 4/23/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Motion hearing on 12/2. No further court dates yet as of 12/14. No update as of 4/23/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Thanks, Niner! Great work, as always. Much appreciated.

JMO, once the COVID 19 situation resolves itself long enough to resume court hearings, I think the judge and prosecution will want things to speed up a little. They've had plenty of time to exchange and review all the evidence. I hope the defense has been forthcoming with their discovery.

Meanwhile, The Accused are sitting in jail and rotting.
At this point they may have some hope for a positive outcome.
Their anxiety level will rise dramatically as the first trial nears.
When the evidence is presented to the jury by hostile prosecutors in the first trial, I think a boiling point will be reached.
I do hope the trial will be on cable or live streamed.
Maybe even with a tight shot of the defendant's face in a box in a screen corner.
Must-See TV.

Raisin, good to hear your story, though I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious dog, and I'm so thankful your hubby is okay. God bless America. JMO, there is no telling how many of us had it early and didn't know it, or who of us have it now and don't know it.
Thank you Loomis. It has been hard to get over losing him. I feel like the episode of the Walking Dead where the CDC DR told Rick "You are all infected". lol

No words needed....

636600157417474983-CGO-Rhoden-Remembrance00313.jpg

On the second anniversary 8 balloons

Last edited:
I hope Ms. Geneva is staying well. Pike doesn't seem to have too many cases of the virus.
OHIO - only posting this because of where Miss Geneva and the other family members live and it shows not very many cases in those Counties. I know we are all thinking about the families and hope and pray they are all well.

Updated Apr 23, 2020; Posted Apr 23, 2020
67ZIC4WE6ZAPFOXDOCJWKT3NIU.png

Last edited:
I don't think this stuff is ever going to end, but hopefully the Wagner trials will go on as planned. I can't even imagine how the R's are getting through this nightmare with all the delays. It's like reliving it every time it's delayed with no justice in sight.

O/T

Hubby and I have been exposed 4 times. We are still well as is the rest of the family, thank God. But we did lose our dog (a 14 year old min pin to what the vet said was "an allergic reaction to a spider bite" at the time. But we checked back on the dates and an old friend and client brought in their taxes a few days before he died of the virus. His daughter brought in hers on March 12. Our dog died March 20. He was fine nothing wrong with him then suddenly his lungs filled with fluid. We took him to the hospital and they put him on a ventilator and 2 hours later he was dead. The autopsy said nothing wrong with his heart, liver, kidneys, nothing, just his lungs filling with fluid faster than they could drain it off, so final report, ARDS caused by an allergic reaction to a spider bite or something he ate (re: like a peanut ect) but there was no peanuts in the house. Now they are saying cats and dogs are testing positive for Covid-19. I think he had it and since he was an old dog he died from it. I am pretty sure hubby had it too around March 15. He has never had any problems breathing but got so short of breath he had to stay the night in hospital. They said it was blood pressure. He never had a problem with that either, but it went up to 230/123. But he is fine now and still not taking any BP meds. No high BP or shortness of breath now either. I am waiting for the anti body tests to see if he had it. Hopefully they will do them on our other dogs and the cat too.

Sorry for the rant and off topic statement. I am so bored I can't wait until they open things back up.

my min pin just turned 12 but he still seems young, except for his butt hernia and he doesn't like food anymore. but I worry about him carrying or getting sick. a lady 4 houses up died, an immigrant from Bulgaria staying with her son. the son and his toddler were sick and got better and since she didn't have insurance she didn't go to the hospital. very sad.

I'm sorry about your baby. mine is like having a 2 year old. no one's ever loved me or have been so excited to see me like him. I got him when I turned 18 and I just got 30 and I know it will break me. I'm so sorry.

The tattoo release form is listed in AW's Discovery March 20 2019. So I'm sure the tattoo artist was interviewed. JMO

Angela Wagner

Unbelievable that he used a tattoo artist on-grid enough to require a signed release form! Wow!! I'm glad they have that evidence, but it's becoming more surprising that they managed to pull off their evil plan in the first place. I don't see any valedictorians in the bunch. MOO

Unbelievable that he used a tattoo artist on-grid enough to require a signed release form! Wow!! I'm glad they have that evidence, but it's becoming more surprising that they managed to pull off their evil plan in the first place. I don't see any valedictorians in the bunch. MOO

Reading your post got me curious about what a tattoo release form is. So I found this one if anyone is interested. So yes, I have to agree with you that Billy is "stupid" for not getting an off-grid tattoo if the tattoo he got is any type of tattoo that would draw suspicion to his crimes. Which yes, it is that type of tattoo or the prosecution wouldn't have his tattoo release form in evidence.
Tattoo-Consent-and-Release-Form-791x1024.jpg

Tattoo consent and release form

Last edited:
Coronavirus: The Latest Court Closures And Restrictions - Law360
UPDATED April 27, 2020, 2:30 PM EDT
| As courts across the country take measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, some are restricting access and altering their procedures. Here is a roundup of changes.

Updated with new information as it becomes available. Latest updates include California, Delaware, Michigan, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

CLICK ON YOUR STATE :

Ohio
In the Southern District of Ohio, civil and criminal matters scheduled for trial before June 1 are postponed for 60 days, as are their associated deadlines. All initial appearances, detention hearings and arraignments will be conducted remotely. Grand jury proceedings are postponed through June 1. Judges may order case-by-case exceptions to postponements. Courthouses in Columbus, Cincinnati and Dayton are closed to the public.

Last edited:

Just think, if you had someone like BW come in and request THAT tattoo, wouldn't you get a signed request form? I sure would.

Coronavirus: The Latest Court Closures And Restrictions - Law360
UPDATED April 27, 2020, 2:30 PM EDT
| As courts across the country take measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, some are restricting access and altering their procedures. Here is a roundup of changes.

Updated with new information as it becomes available. Latest updates include California, Delaware, Michigan, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

CLICK ON YOUR STATE :

Ohio
In the Southern District of Ohio, civil and criminal matters scheduled for trial before June 1 are postponed for 60 days, as are their associated deadlines. All initial appearances, detention hearings and arraignments will be conducted remotely. Grand jury proceedings are postponed through June 1. Judges may order case-by-case exceptions to postponements. Courthouses in Columbus, Cincinnati and Dayton are closed to the public.

I say, "Let them sweat!"

I say, "Let them sweat!"
Until June....
Sweat_Roger_Roger.jpg

http://sandykrum.com/sweat/

Billy = 06/22/2020 - 1:30 PM
Jake = 06/22/2020 - 10:00 AM
Angela = 06/24/2020 - 01:30 PM

GW4 = ?? Last hearing listed January 21st, 2020...:confused:..o_O

Lawyers want fall trials....I think everyone is tired of waiting. Been 4 years, witnesses can forget things, some LE retire or move on etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members