GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you, too! Thanks to a lot of people here at WS over the years who helped out.

@cujenn81 was a big help at first, organizing information and facts from news articles. The information came in sporadically at first and it was confusing and overwhelming with so many victims, so many crime scenes, etc.
:)

I am stunned about this latest development (but very pleased)!! JAW ON THE FLOOR.

Just my crazy opinion, but everybody has one. I think Jake got sick and tired of being treated like crap by his family. Ignored by the Great FCW while she doted on George IV. She came to GWIV's hearing and noted how much weight he had lost and praised him for leaning on the Lord when he wanted to be put back in solitary confinement so he could read his Bible. Jake has been treated like the blacksheep of the family since day one and they only continue to add to his demise. I'm not taking up for Jake by any means, but I believe the others did more than their parts in these murders and conspiracies and I hope FW goes way down!!

IMO, it sounds like that was part of the surprise element here and where none of the other defendants had a clue what was coming down up to the last-minute arranged hearing and announcement. Reportedly, JW has also been held in a secure location:

As the hearing began, Wagner was dressed in the blue jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt that he has been allowed to wear into court after being transferred from the Franklin County jail, where he has been held for security.

Since their arrests, the W4 have been held at separate Ohio county jails. Jake has always been held in the Franklin County Jail. Don't think the decision to hold Jake at Franklin was for strictly security purposes. IMO, it was to keep the defendants from communicating with each other after the arrests. There is also a gag order in place to prevent communication between any of the party s.

IMO before they were arrested, the W4 had all agreed to tell the same story of innocence. As they languished in jail for over two years, the evidence against them has become more and more overwhelming and their scenarios fell apart.

Add to this, the defense attorney's professional reputations are on the line. IMO, the other three sets of attorneys are scrambling now.

JMO, MOO, etc.

:)

I am stunned about this latest development (but very pleased)!! JAW ON THE FLOOR.

We're all stunned, too! Everyone had resigned themselves to just slogging along to an eventual conclusion in the distant future. We were looking forward to finally getting a trial date for Jake in August.

Then all of sudden, this status hearing appeared on the docket and someone happened to catch it.

2 Things I would like to ask you Sluthers:
#1= What the He11 did Jake find so funny when Judge Deering ask him how plea on the murders of Hanna May Rhodens, Dana Rhodens and Hannah Hazel Gilley?
#2=Do you Sluthers think that Angela Wagner is sick and needs special treatment is the reason Jake confessed?

IMO, I think the others will strike the same deal, now. Unless, the don't wanna languish in prison and opt for the death penalty trial.

Why spend the money on trials when the gig is up. They wont get a better deal but they may get the same if the Rs and Gilley family agree. MOO

Since their arrests, the W4 have been held at separate Ohio county jails. Jake has always been held in the Franklin County Jail. Don't think the decision to hold Jake at Franklin was for strictly security purposes. IMO, it was to keep the defendants from communicating with each other after the arrests. There is also a gag order in place to prevent communication between any of the party s.

IMO before they were arrested, the W4 had all agreed to tell the same story of innocence. As they languished in jail for over two years, the evidence against them has become more and more overwhelming and their scenarios fell apart.

Add to this, the defense attorney's professional reputations are on the line. IMO, the other three sets of attorneys are scrambling now.

JMO, MOO, etc.

We always knew from reading the all the web sites of the defense attorneys that their success and reputations are based on helping clients get LWOP instead of being sentenced to death. They specialize in keeping criminals from being executed, basically. There was no PR on their web sites about how many clients facing the DP who were found innocent.

Yes, her fan club here is very happy! She has a very loyal following.

Same with those of us who support Sheriff Reader. Even Gov. DeWine praised him today.
Good on DeWine! Reader deserves praise. Poor guy.
I really hope we get the details of these murders... Five long years you kept us on track, Betty P. Thank you for all you do, and to the rest of you mad brilliant sleuthers too.

Good on DeWine! Reader deserves praise. Poor guy.
I really hope we get the details of these murders... Five long years you kept us on track, Betty P. Thank you for all you do, and to the rest of you mad brilliant sleuthers too.

Thanks, but I didn't do much. It's been a really good team here to do research, obtain copies of the legal filings and of course @Niner to keep track of the court proceedings.

Tonight, DeWine said he can't say anything until all 4 trials are completed (or plea bargain agreements as the case may be). So it sounds like we'll be waiting a while to get the rest of the details.

Seems his public defender has given him better advice than the other accused family members!

Wagner faced more charges than the rest of his family, and is the only one of the four defendants who is represented by the state public defender's office, attorneys William Mooney and Greg Meyers.

Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

To be clear, they've all been in custody, right? None were released on bail?

All in jail no bond since November 13, 2018.

They all have indigent applications filed but
Jake is the only one who has his attorneys through the public defenders office:

11/27/2018
THE SUPREME COURT OF OHIO APPOINTMENT OF TRIAL COUNSEL IN A CAPITAL CASE FILED COPIES FILED MAILED TO TAMMY WHITE, SUPREME COURT OF OHIO, COMMISSION ON APPOINTMENT OF COUNSEL

For the other 3 it looks like their attorneys are in private practice. They get paid through a State Fund set up for indigent defendants.

For the other 3 it just says:

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL FOR DEFENDANT (VIA FAX)

JOURNAL ENTRY APPOINTING ATTORNEY (Lead Counsel and Co-Counsel)

Last edited:
All in jail no bond since November 13, 2018.

They all have indigent applications filed but
Jake is the only one who has his attorneys through the public defenders office:

11/27/2018
THE SUPREME COURT OF OHIO APPOINTMENT OF TRIAL COUNSEL IN A CAPITAL CASE FILED COPIES FILED MAILED TO TAMMY WHITE, SUPREME COURT OF OHIO, COMMISSION ON APPOINTMENT OF COUNSEL

For the others it looks like their attorneys are in private practice. They get paid through a State Fund set up for indigent defendants.

For the others it just says:

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL FOR DEFENDANT (VIA FAX)

JOURNAL ENTRY APPOINTING ATTORNEY (Lead Counsel and Co-Counsel)

The state has been paying the attorney fees for the defense counsel of GW 3 and 4, also AW. Check the dockets, it shows approval of payment for them.

Thanks, but I didn't do much. It's been a really good team here to do research, obtain copies of the legal filings and of course @Niner to keep track of the court proceedings.

Tonight, DeWine said he can't say anything until all 4 trials are completed (or plea bargain agreements as the case may be). So it sounds like we'll be waiting a while to get the rest of the details.

I'm always amazed at the info that this group digs up. This is the first case that I've followed and I was hooked from day one. I'll be here until all is said and done. I hope raisin and rsd1200 hear the good news.

I'm always amazed at the info that this group digs up. This is the first case that I've followed and I was hooked from day one. I'll be here until all is said and done. I hope raisin and rsd1200 hear the good news.

We've been sending out the bat signal to them all day. Hopefully they'll check in soon.

Thank you, Almond, for all your help, too.

Another good photo

Jake-Wagner-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members