OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of the current testimony, a good way to get caught up - 4 witnessess close to the Wagner family.

Pike County killings: Witnesses paint picture of Wagner family …Cincinnati.com | The Enquirer

George Wagner IV trial in Pike County massacre enters fourth week …[www.fox19.com]

Wagner IV’s family spent their time fishing, hunting and riding four-wheelers – but also torching a home for insurance money and seeking information for a custody battle via Facebook, witnesses said.

Wagner IV, facing 22 counts related to the 2016 shooting deaths of Pike County’s Rhoden family, was bubbly and “always trying to make someone laugh,” long-time friend Samantha Staley said. That changed after the Rhoden deaths, Staley said. “He looked dead inside. He didn’t have the crooked smile he always had.” But he would not talk to her about the crimes. “I was pretty much told to shut the ---- up,” she said.

Wagner IV’s brother, Edward “Jake” Wagner, was a “momma’s boy” who did whatever his mother, Angela Wagner, wanted, Staley said. Jake Wagner acted like he was better than other people and tended to blame his brother for anything that went wrong, she said.

George “Billy” Wagner, Wagner IV’s father, was erratic and moody because he took pain pills that his mother supplied, according to Jeffrey Tackett, his longtime friend. The elder Wagner had guns and ammunition in his bedroom a week before the Rhodens were killed, Tackett said. He waited to alerted authorities about the stash until after the Rhodens were dead, he said, because “I was scared he might kill me.”

Earlier in the day, Tackett told jurors he wore a wire four or five times on behalf of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, the agency that led what is considered Ohio’s largest criminal investigation. He was paid $100 for each attempt to capture information from Billy Wagner.

Wagner IV’s mother got much attention on Monday, with witnesses saying she called the shots in the family.

Angela Wagner quizzed Staley about babysitting the young daughter that Jake Wagner shared with victim Hanna May Rhoden, seeking information for a custody battle. The Wagners killed the Rhodens to try to win custody of the child, prosecutors maintain.

***********************************************************************************************************

April Manley described Jake and his family as controlling and said Hanna was afraid of the Wagner family.

George Wagner IV’s ex-wife, Tabitha Claytor, also testified on Monday. Prosecutors will continue questioning Claytor on Tuesday.

During her opening statement, Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said George Wagner IV and his family abused and controlled Claytor when they were married.

Claytor tried to flee once but, Angela Wagner threw a 2-by-4 at her — and the family kept their son, Bulvine, Canepa told jurors.

Also called to testify Monday was 48-year-old Jeff Tackett, who claims he knew Bill Wagner since he was a young teenager. Tackett, a bricklayer, said he worked at the Wagner’s Flying W farm when he was laid off.

Tackett said he also knew the Rhodens and when he learned that Jake was dating Hanna Rhoden, he tried to warn Chris Sr. and testified that he warned him to watch out.

“Be careful, they will hurt you. They will kill you,” Tackett said on the stand. He added that Billy Wagner said he “went to Mexico and shot a bunch of people over there one time.”

Tackett testified that about a week before the murders, he was in Billy’s bedroom at the Flying W Farm and saw a .22 caliber hornet gun, bulletproof vests and ammunition.

He said he suspected the Wagners were involved in the killings when he heard about the murders watching TV news.

When Tackett saw the guns in Billy Wagner’s bedroom, he said he told Wagner, “You’re going to get ready to kill somebody. I don’t know who it is, but they’re dead.”

When he asked why he didn’t report Billy to the police, Tackett said, “he might kill me.”

Tackett also claimed that Chris owed Billy Wagner $20,000.

George Wagner IV’s defense team had Tackett admit that he wore a wire for investigators four or five times while at the Wagner’s home on Peterson Road in Peebles, and said that he began to notice that Billy Wagner was giving him the cold shoulder.

Samantha Staley was next on the stand.

She said hung out with George IV and Jake from a very young age.

Staley said she dated Frankie Rhoden when she was in the 7th grade.

The prosecution asked Staley about the relationship between Jake and her now former boyfriend, Frankie.

“One incident that was told to me by George that Frankie and Jake had got into it because Jake had punched Hanna and Frankie was defending his sister,” Staley said on the stand.

She also testified that Jake Wagner texted her saying no one was allowed to babysit Sophia except his mom and Hanna’s mom.

George IV’s ex-wife, Tabitha Claytor, also testified Monday. This story will be updated later with information from her testimony.

Last edited:

Pike County killings: Witnesses paint picture of …

Cincinnati.com | The Enquirer

Pike County killings: Witnesses paint picture of Wagner family​

George Wagner IV trial in Pike Countymassacre enters …

George Wagner IV trial in Pike County massacre enters fourth week​

Wagner IV’s family spent their time fishing, hunting and riding four-wheelers – but also torching a home for insurance money and seeking information for a custody battle via Facebook, witnesses said.

Wagner IV, facing 22 counts related to the 2016 shooting deaths of Pike County’s Rhoden family, was bubbly and “always trying to make someone laugh,” long-time friend Samantha Staley said. That changed after the Rhoden deaths, Staley said. “He looked dead inside. He didn’t have the crooked smile he always had.” But he would not talk to her about the crimes. “I was pretty much told to shut the ---- up,” she said.

Wagner IV’s brother, Edward “Jake” Wagner, was a “momma’s boy” who did whatever his mother, Angela Wagner, wanted, Staley said. Jake Wagner acted like he was better than other people and tended to blame his brother for anything that went wrong, she said.

George “Billy” Wagner, Wagner IV’s father, was erratic and moody because he took pain pills that his mother supplied, according to Jeffrey Tackett, his longtime friend. The elder Wagner had guns and ammunition in his bedroom a week before the Rhodens were killed, Tackett said. He waited to alerted authorities about the stash until after the Rhodens were dead, he said, because “I was scared he might kill me.”

Earlier in the day, Tackett told jurors he wore a wire four or five times on behalf of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, the agency that led what is considered Ohio’s largest criminal investigation. He was paid $100 for each attempt to capture information from Billy Wagner.

Wagner IV’s mother got much attention on Monday, with witnesses saying she called the shots in the family.

Angela Wagner quizzed Staley about babysitting the young daughter that Jake Wagner shared with victim Hanna May Rhoden, seeking information for a custody battle. The Wagners killed the Rhodens to try to win custody of the child, prosecutors maintain.

***********************************************************************************************************

April Manley described Jake and his family as controlling and said Hanna was afraid of the Wagner family.

George Wagner IV’s ex-wife, Tabitha Claytor, also testified on Monday. Prosecutors will continue questioning Claytor on Tuesday.

During her opening statement, Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said George Wagner IV and his family abused and controlled Claytor when they were married.

Claytor tried to flee once but, Angela Wagner threw a 2-by-4 at her — and the family kept their son, Bulvine, Canepa told jurors.

Also called to testify Monday was 48-year-old Jeff Tackett, who claims he knew Bill Wagner since he was a young teenager. Tackett, a bricklayer, said he worked at the Wagner’s Flying W farm when he was laid off.

Tackett said he also knew the Rhodens and when he learned that Jake was dating Hanna Rhoden, he tried to warn Chris Sr. and testified that he warned him to watch out.

“Be careful, they will hurt you. They will kill you,” Tackett said on the stand. He added that Billy Wagner said he “went to Mexico and shot a bunch of people over there one time.”

Tackett testified that about a week before the murders, he was in Billy’s bedroom at the Flying W Farm and saw a .22 caliber hornet gun, bulletproof vests and ammunition.

He said he suspected the Wagners were involved in the killings when he heard about the murders watching TV news.

When Tackett saw the guns in Billy Wagner’s bedroom, he said he told Wagner, “You’re going to get ready to kill somebody. I don’t know who it is, but they’re dead.”

When he asked why he didn’t report Billy to the police, Tackett said, “he might kill me.”

Tackett also claimed that Chris owed Billy Wagner $20,000.

George Wagner IV’s defense team had Tackett admit that he wore a wire for investigators four or five times while at the Wagner’s home on Peterson Road in Peebles, and said that he began to notice that Billy Wagner was giving him the cold shoulder.

Samantha Staley was next on the stand.

She said hung out with George IV and Jake from a very young age.

Staley said she dated Frankie Rhoden when she was in the 7th grade.

The prosecution asked Staley about the relationship between Jake and her now former boyfriend, Frankie.

“One incident that was told to me by George that Frankie and Jake had got into it because Jake had punched Hanna and Frankie was defending his sister,” Staley said on the stand.

She also testified that Jake Wagner texted her saying no one was allowed to babysit Sophia except his mom and Hanna’s mom.

George IV’s ex-wife, Tabitha Claytor, also testified Monday.
The good christian lady who lives by the bible stealing narcotics from the nursing home she owned. It's pretty easy to fudge records especially if you own the place. But, who worked there helped her to obtain this. Narcotics are typically locked away, but again, it's easy to fudge the books. DEA/state should be investigating that aspect now that it's publicly out there. Again, someone(s) on the inside helped her do this. And I'm SURE word of mouth made sure everyone there knew about it.
All MOO.

This is a good recap, updated.
Thanks for this. I wasn’t able to listen much yesterday. This is so odd:
From Tabitha

“After Bulvine was born, George moved out of the bedroom and into his parents room, she said. Prosecution asked who decided that would happen and Claytor said it was both George and Angela.”

Thanks for this. I wasn’t able to listen much yesterday. This is so odd:
From Tabitha

“After Bulvine was born, George moved out of the bedroom and into his parents room, she said. Prosecution asked who decided that would happen and Claytor said it was both George and Angela.”
I thought so too.
Quite a few odd behaviors pointed out in this recap.
The family was more insular than we thought.
This information gives insite into AW’s possible motive for more favorable treatment of G4 in her confession. Slanting or minimizing his involvement.

From Tackett:

“Over time, Tackett became wary of Billy; he testified the Wagner patriarch would shoplift while out with people, making he and Chris Sr. uncomfortable. Tackett also alleged Billy once told him he'd gone to Mexico and "shot a bunch of people."

Billy, along with his wife, Angela, were arrested for illegally selling Rocky work boots out of the back of a semi trailer at the fairgrounds one year, and Tackett said Billy told him Angela would never flip on him.”

Last edited:
What is a boon?

You discount custody so why do you think the Wagner's killed a whole family?

Don't you think obsession and control of the children, like DeWine said, played a part?

A custody dispute between two families that erupted into the massacre of eight people in rural southern Ohio started with a plan to kill just one of them, a young mother refusing to give up her daughter, a prosecutor said Monday.

But just months before the killings in 2016, the family behind the plot decided to kill everyone who could point the finger at them, the prosecutor said during opening statements of the first trial in the slayings.

Massacre of 8 people began with plot to kill 19-year …

Massacre of 8 people began with plot to kill 19-year-old mom and other victims were "collateral damage," Ohio prosecutor says​

I did not discount custody. A "boon" is a plus so to speak. I've followed this since April 22, 2016 , and signed on, here at WS, close after. <modsnip>

I've been watching, listening and reading about this trial from day one. I've always thought this way, and GW4's trial is merely confirming my beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good christian lady who lives by the bible stealing narcotics from the nursing home she owned. It's pretty easy to fudge records especially if you own the place. But, who worked there helped her to obtain this. Narcotics are typically locked away, but again, it's easy to fudge the books. DEA/state should be investigating that aspect now that it's publicly out there. Again, someone(s) on the inside helped her do this. And I'm SURE word of mouth made sure everyone there knew about it.
All MOO.

The nursing home she owns called Crystal Spring is being investigated along with all her bank accounts and other businesses.

From George's 4-28 Discovery - Moderator Approved
8.26 GB, 13,844 Files, 695 Folders

Crystal Springs deposits, Lucasville Mission deposits, OVD account statement from March 2018, has something to do with FWF's businesses.

FW Bank Statements, lots of FW Bank Information from various various Banks, Bank of America, Capitol One, FW statements and partial response letter,
Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fifth Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit, Merchants, Guaranty, many subpoenas for bank records.

Lots of information from FWF's computers and laptop including Google Searches, Web Histories, Web Bookmarks, Rhoden searches, PDF Documents, Screen Shots, Screen Captures, Identifiers, Word Documents, Files etc....

Attachment shows Crystal Spring - F Wagner 16 pages.
Attachment also shows Crystal Spring - F Wagner 26 pages.
Page 3 - out of 8 total.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-070529.png
    Screenshot_20221004-070529.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
How are y'all watching this trial? I think Court TV is streaming it but they were showing a different trial today.

Recaps I briefly saw parts of this afternoon...wow that Angela. She's like Hotel California.

Tabitha's son...does she have him now? How did she ever get out of there?

Three different YT channels and several Twitter feeds. I stay a bit behind b/c it allows me to rewind, re-read, digest, at my own pace. Law and Crime, WCPO9, Courtv (not great coverage), WLWT5 all on YouTube. Twitter @jamespilcher, @ToddDykesWLWT are just two I use on there.

The nursing home she owns called Crystal Spring is being investigated along with all her bank accounts and other businesses.

From George's 4-28 Discovery - Moderator Approved
8.26 GB, 13,844 Files, 695 Folders

Crystal Springs deposits, Lucasville Mission deposits, OVD account statement from March 2018, has something to do with FWF's businesses.

FW Bank Statements, lots of FW Bank Information from various various Banks, Bank of America, Capitol One, FW statements and partial response letter,
Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fifth Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit, Merchants, Guaranty, many subpoenas for bank records.

Lots of information from FWF's computers and laptop including Google Searches, Web Histories, Web Bookmarks, Rhoden searches, PDF Documents, Screen Shots, Screen Captures, Identifiers, Word Documents, Files etc....

Attachment shows Crystal Spring - F Wagner 16 pages.
Attachment also shows Crystal Spring - F Wagner 26 pages.
Page 3 - out of 8 total.
Will read thru it later. Hoping the State of Ohio/DEA pops up. They wouldn't have known about it though until this trial, where it was attested to. IMO

I have wondered this for along time. The resemblance is not there, and if I remember correctly I felt like FW was not as involved in, or showing up at his pretrial motions as she was with GW4 and BW's. I could be wrong though
He was checking HR's new baby looking for the Wagoner toe, so that would make me think he has it too, making him a Wagoner.

Camera is live now. A woaman that was setting up the camera was whispering some juicy gossip to someone beside her, I missed most of it, at the end she said "..so yeah, that went down.". Lots of chatter behind the camera now.

Last edited:
From the way things seem to have happened, there was two perfect storms. BWIII and AW getting together was one and the Wagners and Rhodens getting together created another one. Lots of destruction left behind… My opinions only…

From the way things seem to have happened, there was two perfect storms. BWIII and AW getting together was one and the Wagners and Rhodens getting together created another one. Lots of destruction left behind… My opinions only…
Very Wise Words.
i will add-
The fact that the second generation of Rhodens and Wagners, Hanna and Jake, got together added fuel to the already burning fire.

Very Wise Words.
i will add-
The fact that the second generation of Rhodens and Wagners, Hanna and Jake, got together added fuel to the already burning fire.

The only difference is that, had the Rhodens not gotten together with the Wagners, their lives would have been ok, good for them and others.

The Wagners were a toxic, malignant family. Had they not encountered the Rhodens, they would have continued to damage other people and their families. If not the Rhodens, they probably would have killed someone else. They were an accident waiting to happen. JMO

Are we looking at the door again?
Thats a step backwards.
Im wondering after watching yesterday.
Did they remove the swivel chair for
Are we looking at the door again?
Thats a step backwards.
Im wondering after watching yesterday.
Did they remove the swivel chair for the witness seat?
I would love to get a hold of G4 note pad.
I wonder how many hours of video there is of that door…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo