OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Pru2U for your post to me of the article about Wagner texts on the previous thread, only just saw it today. Thanks to anyone else on previous thread who was helping me try to find those texts about Angie wanting Billy home but Billy wanting the boys gone. I still am trying to find the right video for it. The video where the actual witness testified about these texts. If anyone comes up with that video please post, thank you.

Absolutely. A blitz of bullets, shrapnel, wood splinters, a hail of gunfire.

The size of those bullet holes in the wall, if those bullets hit anyone they were a lot larger than their original size, at least the ones that didn't turn completely into shrapnel. I think that's why Chris's arm took so much damage. Edit: I would also believe his arm could've been hit more than once, it was just impossible to recognize.

Some of those holes look larger than 50 caliber or 12gauge, and the ones displayed in court did too, defense ammo mushrooms a lot.

I can easily see both Chris and Gary being completely aware of what was happening to them. They were faced with withering fire.

Here is what Scheiderer said regarding a heavier weight bullet:

George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details
Time Stamp 1:10

Scheiderer:
So at this location (Chris SR's) we have evidence that a 30 caliber rifle was used at this location. We also have evidence that a Glock 40 caliber firearm was fired and we recovered bullet fragments of the 30 caliber as well as the 40 caliber and a casing from the 40 caliber cartridge.

Canepa:
Ok and I believe you already testified that - that 40 caliber was determined to be fired from a Glock.

Scheiderer:
Correct.

Canepa:
Ok and then you said a 30 caliber - was there an opinion about the projectile from the 30 caliber?

Scheiderer:
Yah it was a metallic cartridge and it was believed to be a military style round like a 7.62 cartridge.

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:
There was other 30 calibers that were eliminated as potential contributors.

Canepa:
Ok and specifically because that's a little bit heavier weight.

Scheiderer:
Yes it was a - yes it was a heavier - yes.

Canepa:
And can you tell us where were those - where was the ballistic evidence found at scene one?

Scheiderer:
In the living room which is the primary room of the residence and then also on the front porch leading up to the residence.

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:
And - and underneath the residence there was also a bullet retrieved from the dirt underneath the residence.

Raisnback
How would the Wagner’s know that the BCI was bugging their phones, vehicles and homes also what makes you think they new they where being followed? If the Wagner’s didn’t do anything then they would not rant and rage like they did on those recording and future more the Wagner’s were testing the water on everything they said they new they where being watched because their guilt! George even said he was going to get the death penalty once and once he said that Jake would Rat them out and he would get him the electric chair, JMO
GEORGE IS GUILTY!
Sorry

I haven’t see a green Glock Raisnback could you show me a picture of a green Glock pistol please?
Maybe it might help you JBB to go back a few posts where I posted the link to Randa H's testimony in which she very clearly stated the Glock was green.

Like everyone else on here, including you, I can only believe what is testified to under oath in a court of law since none of us were there when George bought the gun.

So maybe, if you ask nicely, someone might hunt you down a picture of a green Glock. Otherwise you are going to have to just hang with the rest of us who have to rely on testimony in court.

Stay sweet JBB.

Never mind here you go. testimony about the green Glock. Contributed by @rsd1200 post #429. Listen for yourself.

@1:53 40 Cal. glock. She was there for the interview and said it was "green" in color. (Note: Some Glock color runs are limited editions so a collector and someone who specifically likes Glocks, I could see wanting one)

JMO

That's what gets me. He can plea, if the prosecution will still negotiate one, at any time and stop this. His legal team has likely put a plea option on the table but he's not taking it obviously. If you were innocent, would you keep going, or would you plea out to murdering eight people?
I would never plead guilty to something I did not do.

JMO

Thanks @Pru2U for your post to me of the article about Wagner texts on the previous thread, only just saw it today. Thanks to anyone else on previous thread who was helping me try to find those texts about Angie wanting Billy home but Billy wanting the boys gone. I still am trying to find the right video for it. The video where the actual witness testified about these texts. If anyone comes up with that video please post, thank you.

Scheiderer:
So at this location (Chris SR's) we have evidence that a 30 caliber rifle was used at this location. We also have evidence that a Glock 40 caliber firearm was fired and we recovered bullet fragments of the 30 caliber as well as the 40 caliber and a casing from the 40 caliber cartridge.

Canepa:
Ok and I believe you already testified that - that 40 caliber was determined to be fired from a Glock.

Scheiderer:
Correct.

Canepa:
Ok and then you said a 30 caliber - was there an opinion about the projectile from the 30 caliber?

Scheiderer:
Yah it was a metallic cartridge and it was believed to be a military style round like a 7.62 cartridge.

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:

Canepa:

Scheiderer:

Canepa:
And can you tell us where were those - where was the ballistic evidence found at scene one?

Scheiderer:
In the living room which is the primary room of the residence and then also on the front porch leading up to the residence.

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:
And - and underneath the residence there was also a bullet retrieved from the dirt underneath the residence.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

What I meant was, the bullets deformed into a larger size. Not trying to say a 50 caliber and 12ga was used.

Raisnback
How would the Wagner’s know that the BCI was bugging their phones, vehicles and homes also what makes you think they new they where being followed? If the Wagner’s didn’t do anything then they would not rant and rage like they did on those recording and future more the Wagner’s were testing the water on everything they said they new they where being watched because their guilt! George even said he was going to get the death penalty once and once he said that Jake would Rat them out and he would get him the electric chair, JMO
GEORGE IS GUILTY!
Sorry

I haven’t see a green Glock Raisnback could you show me a picture of a green Glock pistol please?

Raisnback
GEORGE IS GUILTY!
Sorry

Oh and Angie bought a bug detector remember?

Judge Deering, the prosecution and the defense attorneys has a private court Monday the first thing the the attorneys gets to do is, to go over all the evidence and photos then the defense get to make a motion to the judge that there is not enough evidence to convict GW4, that is the one time the judge can say he doesn’t think there is enough evidence to proceed to trial GW4 is innocent and free GW4 or he can proceed wit the trial Tuesday so I guess we will be setting on pens and needles until Tuesday! JMO
Here you go @ColMustard JBB must have heard it also.

JMO

Well, RH talked about her seeming to try and do her hair like her and things. I just felt she tried very hard to fit in and AW was not having it. I feel bad for her. I hope she is well and happy wherever she is but, many small towns see new folks as odd just as other places see us as odd. She and CN were probably used to the infighting and it didn't really bother them. Also, I doubt the W4 had ever held a library card. Books would be considered too worldly /s. JW said he didn't even know where Nazi Germany was.
Remember the call where AW was asking Jake if he knew if his wife had a library card? I laughed so hard as he was saying, "no".. lol I thought good grief woman what is the big freaking deal about a library card? Can't the girl have one thing you aren't all over and up in her business about.

Here you go @ColMustard JBB must have heard it also.

JMO
I don't think it's specific to this case for lack of evidence. Same way the defense has filed motions all along and the judge denies them. Once the state rests, the defense can file a motion to dismiss for lack of evidence. That doesn't mean there is actually a lack of evidence or that the judge thinks there is a lack of evidence. It means the defense is doing their job and trying every possible tactic they know of.

Scheiderer:

Canepa:

Scheiderer:
Correct.

Canepa:

Scheiderer:

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:

Canepa:

Scheiderer:

Canepa:

Scheiderer:

Canepa:
Ok.

Scheiderer:
Ms Eversledge testified to the text messages on about the 5th day I think.

The Wagner family was far from being Boss Hogs though. Perhaps I am mistaken but you said you are from northern Ohio IIRC. I have always said it isn't up to us to decide the case... it is the Jurors who have sat through almost 3 months of sheer BS (most of those days) I do believe they will find him guilty on some of the charges, just not all. IMO the Judge, the Prosecution, AND the Defense have acted like spoiled babies with all the whining!
it is the Jurors who have sat through almost 3 months of sheer BS

That is what I have been saying.

None of us here are on the jury. We have no say in any of it. All we can do is post on here what we think. But people who have not been in that courtroom every day have missed tons of testimony because of opt outs. It's like trying to tell about the ending of a movie you have only seen the first 15 minutes of.

The people who have been there in the courtroom heard it all so they know better than any of us how the jury is reacting to all of the testimony and evidence. We would do well to listen to their thoughts and opinions.

Also the people who have lived in Pike County OH for years know way more about the area than those of us who have not lived there. They know the culture and the thoughts of the people in that area. We would do well to listen to them.

Add to that BS all the red herrings that Canepa has thrown in like the burned DVR, the endless hours of testimony about guns and casings she knew were not involved in the murders, those shoes set prominently in front of the court room, the tattoo, the wolf picture, all of which she dropped like a hot rock.

I know the jury has to be thinking "Yo what happened with that burned DVR? What's up with that and why have we never heard how that tied into the murders? And all those guns that were not the murder weapons? What about those thousands of casings we had to sit through that were not even the right caliber? what happened with those tests they did on George's feet and do the shoes match the tests? How about all those phone calls where George was not even in them? and all those screaming matches with Jake where he never admitted anything or confessed to anything?"

You know that jury has to be so confused right now.

If Canepa had just presented the evidence against George alone and not tried to present all the evidence against Jake and Angie and try them all 3 in the same trial, this trial would have been over in a week.

JMO

The Wagner’s are not by any stretch a major crime family in Appalachia. Their style of surviving by stealing fuel, clothes or anything else readily available is as old as the Appalachian mountains. They are common thieves, and now murderers. Like many of their ilk, they got away with it for so long they thought they were invincible, until they weren't. JMO.

The Rhoden's and Gilley may have had their faults, as most of us do, but they worked. It wasn't like they were out there robbing and stealing as a way of life. They certainly didn't deserve to me murdered.

I'd be willing to bet most folks East of 23 never knew either of the 2 family's.

Yep, the W's were so smart, they must have forgot Ohio hasn't used Ole Sparky since the early sixties IIRC. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well I think it's one thing to know it hasn't been used and another to know you won't be sentenced to it. This was in the news as the worse massacre Ohio has ever seen for 2+ years prior to their arrests. They knew once they were arrested there was going to be a push for the DP. Just because executions haven't been carried out doesn't mean they can't be sentenced to it and serve their time on death row always fearing the day would come.

Well I think it's one thing to know it hasn't been used and another to know you won't be sentenced to it. This was in the news as the worse massacre Ohio has ever seen for 2+ years prior to their arrests. They knew once they were arrested there was going to be a push for the DP. Just because executions haven't been carried out doesn't mean they can't be sentenced to it and serve their time on death row always fearing the day would come.
You just made my point as to why Jake and Angie threw George and Billy under the bus and took a deal to get him and his angel mommy out of being sentenced to the DP.

100% Jake knew they had enough evidence on him and Angie to sentence them to death. Plus he stated he was afraid of dying.

He sure wasn't afraid of sending 8 people to their death though. I think Jake killed all 8 of them with Angie's help firing that SKS. That's why they both took a deal and hung George out to dry. They knew what they did and knew what they were facing but like the cowards they are they weaseled out of the punishment they so richly deserved and tried to throw the blame off on someone else.

Samantha S told us how it always was. Jake did something, then lied and blamed it on George. If that didn't work Angie lied and told Billy George did it so Jake would not be punished. It was a way of life for Jake and Angie from the time Jake was a child and it is still a way of life for those two. A leopard never changes it's spots. A liar always lies.

JMO

Remember the call where AW was asking Jake if he knew if his wife had a library card? I laughed so hard as he was saying, "no".. lol I thought good grief woman what is the big freaking deal about a library card? Can't the girl have one thing you aren't all over and up in her business about.
They are a family of murdering morons who didn’t like books or libraries. It’s also possible they didn’t read very well. A criminal family that never even bothered to send their children to school. Three generations Of people who scorned public school education in favor of learning how to rob others for a living.

The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree. I wonder if, after these confessions, the state will further investigate Fred Wagner and her daughter. Both seemed very aware that Billy and his family killed the Rhodens and Hanna Gilley.

They should also pursue charges against Fredericka Wagner for stealing narcotics from her nursing home business a distributing them to others. Drug dealing.

Last edited:

“There is no court Friday for Veterans’ Day, and then the prosecution will officially enter its evidence and exhibits and rest its case Monday in open court with no jury present.

“The judge will then hold a Rule 29 hearing, allowing the defense to ask for an acquittal if the judge feels the state has not provided enough evidence to possibly convict. If he does not rule for the defense, the case will continue with defense witnesses Tuesday morning.”

Rule 29 hearing is more defense theatrics. Judge is going along with it to placate defense. Given the witness defense put on the stand yesterday, it wont be long before the case goes to jury.

Last edited:
The only reason 4 hasn't taken a plea is because he has nothing to lose. LWOP OR DP, they both suck. When convicted, and he will be convicted, he will continue to milk the taxpayers in appeal costs. If he pleads he is done. Both are fruitless, but he maintains some control with appeal options. It is as simple as it gets. Everything else being discussed is noise. Jmo
If his brother testified to the satisfaction of the court/prosecuting attorney, then he'll get LWOP, unless the judge decides to override and give him the DP (that is extremely rare). No automatic appeals on LWOP. He could say, well, okay, I did x but that was all. Can we arrange a plea that if I sink my father, I get Mom's deal? She did way more than I did! I screamed a lot and bought x or x just like she bought shoes and kept the kids, but I wasn't there and I murdered no one, but I can hand you Dad on a silver platter.

Ikr? A library card! You could tell EA was well read and that probably scared AW who obviously is not. :rolleyes: Homeschooling in the United States should have a bit more oversight. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86