OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pepper34's guess at a theory posted at the end of the previous thread.

The story could be even simpler than that. The original plan could have been to move in together, *** but somehow things changed. Same result.

Things can change fast and often in the mind of a 19 year old woman. It would also explain why there were no real custody deal yet, and why JW was pretending to be the father of the latest.

All of the above is just a theory.

Edit: *** with financial help from...

My mother in law is a big land owner. Many years ago she donated an old stone house to my wife. Her motivation is that we should transmit it to our children.

I invested a lot of money and energy in improving the place. I consider the place to be mine too now. If we were to separate one day, this house would be the subject of an ugly fight.

My in laws and I are peaceful people. The lady isn't a greedy landlord either. But if things were different....

The last piece of significant physical evidence was discovered on October 30, 2018 and the analysis of that evidence was completed just a few days later, on Nov 7th.
Can we speculate on that significant piece of evidence discovered On Oct 30, 2018....two and a half years after the murders? If it was a silencer that suddenly showed up, where had it been all this time" This is keeping me awake at night.

Chelly, same here. I keep wondering how it was found, did a tip lead them to it...SO MANY questions.

The motive for the annialation of the Rhoden’s is so simple yet so emotionally complex.

A child

Money

Drugs

A real or manufactured family dynasty blended with possible pipedreams of horses and other exotic animals. It’s ripe for a true crime movie.

Toss in a handsome good ole boy Sheriff, some State of Ohio politics, Appalachian morals, hillbilly justice and there you have it.

Except the Waggies lived and breathed the life where they thought themselves superior and above the law.

I have the overwhelming feeling that there are some Waggie advocates posting on all social media.

Sad to think out loud that I strongly believe it’s not going to be a very effective effort.

I think DEWine and Reader conducted a very careful and extremely competent investigation. They assembled a team who amassed an overwhelming amount of evidence.

They got em.

They got em good.

And may God have mercy in the souls who coldly pulled the triggers more than 30 times.

They had the time and resources to do what they needed done legally. Instead they opted to kill 8 people. None of the 8 may have had an impact on the future of the world, but each had the right to live lives as best they could have chosen.

8 bodies are buried in graves because of the barbaric choices of others. As humans we can’t allow that kind of justice. Decisions regarding who lives or dies must be left to our justice system. It’s not perfect but it’s the best in the world. And the killers had no right whatsoever to circumvent a system our forefathers carefully wrote into the Constitution, the US Bill of Rights, and the Laws of the State of Ohio. It is unadulterated arrogance to think they could violate law millions of the rest of us honor and follow.

In reference to the evidence found.

Autopsy report released in Piketon murders; 79 pieces of evidence collected

Autopsy report released in Piketon murders; 79 pieces of evidence collected

Pieces and parts from homemade Silencer. Jmo

Are you wondering if the parts from the home made silencer were part of that initial evidence? We'll find out when the trials begin. One theory is that some of the "fluff" or special insulation used in these silencers may have remained behind. Seems possible, considering how many shots were fired.

From your linked article, this still bugs me

Leonard Manley, father of Dana Rhoden, told The Cincinnati Enquirer that he first learned about the marijuana operations from news reports. Manley, 64, said he's sure his daughter couldn't have been involved in anything illegal.

"They are trying to drag my daughter through the mud, and I don't appreciate that," said Manley, whose three grandchildren - Dana's children - were also among the dead.

My mother in law is a big land owner. Many years ago she donated an old stone house to my wife. Her motivation is that we should transmit it to our children.

I invested a lot of money and energy in improving the place. I consider the place to be mine too now. If we were to separate one day, this house would be the subject of an ugly fight.

My in laws and I are peaceful people. The lady isn't a greedy landlord either. But if things were different....

Our neighbors own a large farm that had been in their family for generations.

When their only child, a daughter, married, our neighbors split off 40 acres in the middle of their acreage and deeded it to the daughter and her husband. They also built them a beautiful home on the property.

Ten years and a couple kids later their daughter had an affair with a guy she worked with, left her husband and kids to move in with the guy, then they moved out of the area. She abandoned her kids. She filed for divorce. Her husband and kids stayed on the farm. In the divorce agreement she signed over the farm to her husband.

Our neighbors are peaceful people and are fine with this as they did not side with the daughter as she abandoned her husband and kids. But I can see how this type of thing would cause a feud in some families that had the “blood is thicker than water” mentality.

Last edited:
Are you wondering if the parts from the home made silencer were part of that initial evidence? We'll find out when the trials begin. One theory is that some of the "fluff" or special insulation used in these silencers may have remained behind. Seems possible, considering how many shots were fired.

Yes.

Full text of "How To Make Disposable Silencers"

I was thinking about the insulation used in the homemade silencers and researched the possibility of particles being implanted into the victims, I found an article that supports this theory.
Forensic Evidence: Science and the Criminal Law, Second Edition

https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1420038060

Terrence F. Kiely - 2005 - ‎Law
How fibers are released from clothing, and the possible significance of the presence or ... The expert opinion in this case could have assisted the jury in determining the ... Police concluded that tennis ball particles, such as those found on victim Glee's ... would also have been ejected from a homemade sound suppressor.

Our neighbors own a large farm that had been in their family for generations.

When their only child, a daughter, married, our neighbors split off 40 acres in the middle of their acreage and deeded it to the daughter and her husband. They also built them a beautiful home on the property.

Ten years and a couple kids later their daughter had an affair with a guy she worked with, left her husband and kids to move in with the guy, then they moved out of the area. She abandoned her kids. She filed for divorce. Her husband and kids stayed on the farm. In the divorce agreement she signed over the farm to her husband.

Our neighbors are peaceful people and are fine with this as they did not side with the daughter as she abandoned her husband and kids. But I can see how this type of thing would cause a feud in some families that had the “blood is thicker than water” mentality.

That situation could have gotten ugly for the husband. It's great that common sense prevailed....

In a case in Darke County, Ohio a guy taped a two liter soda bottle to the barrel of a shotgun as a silencer. He killed his father and step mother to inherit their home. A four year old grand son was in the house and not hurt. He helped solve the case saying he saw a green dragon in the house. The shooter wore a green rain suit when he killed them.

Chelly, same here. I keep wondering how it was found, did a tip lead them to it...SO MANY questions.

LE has said it was both the last piece of significant evidence, but also not essential to the case. That to me is telling, they didn't move forward with the arrests until they had it, but it was never meant to be a game changer in the case. My opinion is that it was more of a "sign of good faith" confirmation from someone. As in LE questions how much they can trust someone (a W maybe) and says a "we know a silencer was made, but we have never recovered it, if you can lead us to it we'll know we can trust you" kinda thing. So recovering that particular evidence was maybe more about what it meant for other things they know/have been told than it was about the silencer itself.

Myland said:
I listened to Dewine press conference again and I got the feeling someone may be able to apply for the reward money. He doesn’t outright say it but did anyone get the feeling someone might get the reward and if so I wonder if this is the source jmo

Good catch Myland. I went back to the video of the press conference and get the same impression as you did. Also, watching Reader during the press Q&A, it looks like one of the reporters asked about the threats against Reader and others. Reader replied that adequate security measures were in place. Given the tight secrecy and lack of leaks in this investigation, I am more inclined to believe that some of what SPAC was referring to as a “confidential source” during bond arguments is not electronic surveillance but a human source.

Myland said:
Can anyone explain the pets thing in the indictment to me?

The pets thing is all of the dogs at the various properties. IIRC, CR1 had 2 or 3, DR had 2 or 3, and KR had 1. Either the dogs were lousy watchdogs, or the dogs and the killers knew each other very well, or who knows - maybe something like that Blake Shelton song Ol’ Red;)

The pets thing is all of the dogs at the various properties. IIRC, CR1 had 2 or 3, DR had 2 or 3, and KR had 1. Either the dogs were lousy watchdogs, or the dogs and the killers knew each other very well, or who knows - maybe something like that Blake Shelton song Ol’ Red;)
No in the indictment is states like they were used by the killers in some way. How could the killers use the dogs for their purpose?

I’m confused by the new title- were all 8 victims living on a pot farm? Apologies and thanks in advance :)

I don’t like the new title. It seems disrespectful to the victims and not victim-friendly.

Has it ever been proven that they lived on a large-scale pot farm operation?

The child custody was what triggered the murders, so why is “Pot Farm” even in the title.

I thought this was a victim-friendly site

The motive for the annialation of the Rhoden’s is so simple yet so emotionally complex.

A child

Money

Drugs

A real or manufactured family dynasty blended with possible pipedreams of horses and other exotic animals. It’s ripe for a true crime movie.

Toss in a handsome good ole boy Sheriff, some State of Ohio politics, Appalachian morals, hillbilly justice and there you have it.

Except the Waggies lived and breathed the life where they thought themselves superior and above the law.

I have the overwhelming feeling that there are some Waggie advocates posting on all social media.

Sad to think out loud that I strongly believe it’s not going to be a very effective effort.

I think DEWine and Reader conducted a very careful and extremely competent investigation. They assembled a team who amassed an overwhelming amount of evidence.

They got em.

They got em good.

And may God have mercy in the souls who coldly pulled the triggers more than 30 times.

They had the time and resources to do what they needed done legally. Instead they opted to kill 8 people. None of the 8 may have had an impact on the future of the world, but each had the right to live lives as best they could have chosen.

8 bodies are buried in graves because of the barbaric choices of others. As humans we can’t allow that kind of justice. Decisions regarding who lives or dies must be left to our justice system. It’s not perfect but it’s the best in the world. And the killers had no right whatsoever to circumvent a system our forefathers carefully wrote into the Constitution, the US Bill of Rights, and the Laws of the State of Ohio. It is unadulterated arrogance to think they could violate law millions of the rest of us honor and follow.

I think that pipe dream was to Live Below Zero. The only thing stopping their dream to live in the Alaskan wilderness, killing their own food, building their own cabins, surrounded by their sons and grandchildren was HR. She refused to go back to JW and move to AK. Then she refused to sign over her daughter so she could move to AK with them. So they killed her and her entire family. To avenge JW. To pay her back for the hurt she caused him. To pay her family back for defending her. But most of all to get the last obstacle out of the way of their big dream of living the AK life.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member