OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video, it shows briefly at about the 1:06 mark, LE/investigators searching at FW's, they are searching it appears out in a pasture area where the horses are. The reason I am posting this video is because I don't recall seeing any video of an actual search being done at FW's (even though of course we knew there were searches done).

In the video, LM doesn't deny the text. He states they knew each other but weren't friends. By the time they were at the courthouse, he would have had time to ask JM or AM about the text. He could have denied it completely rather than offering an explanation around sending it earlier.

Could JM have sent him a text about, really anything, and it not have been received by Jakes phone when it was actually sent because Jakes phone had been turned off or in airplane mode to avoid pinging anywhere?

I have been unsuccessful in finding the video where Leonard mentions (verbatim) here...something about blanket taken from a man on his deathbed. I have often wondered if possibly he was referring to FW's husband... JMO

I have wondered the same possibility for a long time. I have an opinion that the M's and W's, were acquaintances and remained so for at least a little while after the murders. JMO

Don't tell me you guys are sleuthing or accusing family members of the victims who have not been arrested or named as suspects by LE.
She Wouldn’t of known about anything, remember Betty what DeWine said the Wagners were good at lying, no I’m not blaming that poor girl. This was jus a thought, remember what KR said she got a last minute babysitting job all nighter. JMO

She Wouldn’t of known about anything, remember Betty what DeWine said the Wagners were good at lying, no I’m not blaming that poor girl. This was jus a thought, remember what KR said she got a last minute babysitting job all nighter. JMO

Yes, but in forum discussions it can become a slippery slope.

Since seeing the 12-15-15 FB convo referenced in AW's discovery, I keep going back to HR's profile picture updated the night of 12-14-15 being the the link to that conversation and tipping point.

JMO- I know I can't link to the photo or page, but given FB communications is referenced in the discovery, I'm going on a limb that the above reference may be ok.

Since seeing the 12-15-15 FB convo referenced in AW's discovery, I keep going back to HR's profile picture updated the night of 12-14-15 being the the link to that conversation and tipping point.

JMO- I know I can't link to the photo or page, but given FB communications is referenced in the discovery, I'm going on a limb that the above reference may be ok.

Yes, it's in one of the discovery docs. We need to organize these over in Media & Timelines thread so its easier for people to find and link to them.

Maybe a separate "reference" thread for court docs?

ETA: Discovery docs, IIRC, are public record, so it should be ok to both post a link and include all the text in the same post, to make it easier to find certain items.

Last edited:
Archive.is is another way to save pages. :) As this picks up speed there will be massive info to corral, MOO.
There are some there now.
:)

Thanks! I just checked it out. Do you have to be a member of someone's account, etc. to view what's already up there?

Thanks! I just checked it out. Do you have to be a member of someone's account, etc. to view what's already up there?
No just put things to save in top box ...use lower box to search, you do have to weed out a bit but it has been a life saver for me.

Just a nagging thought: something I have always wondered is if they killed KR because he was a threat (either through knowledge of the conflict or through access to cameras/potential showering), do you think they intended to kill KR2 too but she threw a wrench in their plans by taking the babysitting job? Or do you think because of her friendly status with JW that she was spared? I would think she would have had as much info as KR if not more since she was HR’s confidant and “godmother” to the girls. I would think leaving her behind would have been a tremendous threat. JMO
If blood all over camper story is true vs only the eye shot then I have different thoughts...

I would think they left SW with a close relative.
Or maybe called a last minute babysitter...
To clarify, in no way, shape or form am I suggesting K knowing assisted the W4 in the murders.

Either by fate or design, there were at least 3 people that had last minute change in plans that probably saved their lives that night.

It might have been by chance.

The W4 might have wanted to spare specific people's lives.

Or, the W4 might have wanted to reduce the number of people at each crime scene (to have better control during the murders).

Regardless, I don't believe any of these people had even the slightest idea what was about to occur that night.

To clarify, in no way, shape or form am I suggesting K knowing assisted the W4 in the murders.

Either by fate or design, there were at least 3 people that had last minute change in plans that probably saved their lives that night.

Or, the W4 might have wanted to reduce the number of people at each crime scene (to have better control during the murders).

Regardless, I don't believe any of these people had even the slightest idea what was about to occur that night.

Agree.

I’m right there with you in these thoughts.

Here is a brief clip of video from press conference when the W's were arrested...

Said by Reader in video regarding those arrested...."they left a trail, the parts to build a silencer, the forged documents, the cell phones, cameras"........ "and the lies" ........

You can just see in Reader and Dewine the anger, the determination they had in making arrests for those accused of murdering 8 family members, the agony that they have been through in this case. I just can't imagine what everybody has been through that has been involved in this investigation, and also the family members of the victims. It is really so, so sad. My heart goes out to all of them as they have endured and are still enduring something that the majority of us will never ever experience, and I know I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it has really been and continues to be....Prayers for all of them.

JMO

I’m right there with you in these thoughts.
KR had absolutely nothing to do with what happened. In fact she’s lucky she wasn’t there that night too.

She said nothing was amiss in the days leading up to the murders..... that’s what anyone in their right mind would say when the killers are still out there and close by!!

Considering it is usually Love or Money...was it more money than love?
How did George Sr's probate go...Had FW trimmed her $ support of them?
Was Sophie to be future heir? Afraid a Rhoden could gain control of something in future thru Sophie?
W's wanted to get Rhoden property thru Sophie?
Did FW know RN did forgery?
Did Sophie stay with W's from before Kylie was born thru the massacre?
If so, where was she while they murdered the Rhoden's?
Did W's have any friends before murder? I have missed it if there has been anything mentioned on it.
Do you feel all 4 were shooters?
AND, how in heck do you try each of these people and not have testimony and evidence screw up other cases?
I know, too many questions?

Wow! This is the first time I've seen someone mention this, that maybe the Wagner's did not want the Rhodens gaining access to Sophia's future inheritence. Fred's great grandkids would likely be heirs to much of Fred's property and of course the Rhodens could derive some benefit and or access to the property in that senario.

This line of thinking could have added fuel to their fire.

You asked if the murders were more about money than love. I have to say that I think it's neither. I think it is what DeWine said, obsession over control of the children but I also think it was about obsession over control of Hanna and her family, and not allowing the Rhodens to have any access, in any way, to Sophia's inheritance . It was about the Wagner's having complete control and taking total control away from Hanna and her family.

Sophia was with the Wagner's the night of the murders. I believe Angela stayed home and was watching the 2 kids the night of the murders, I do not think the men would have wanted her at the crime scenes. Also, there are discrepancies of when Jake dropped off and picked Sophia up that week, but we do know someone took Sophia to the hospital to see Kylie.

As far as the Wagner's having friends? Radio silence.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the first trial will affect the 2nd trial and how the 2nd one affects the 3rd etc.... Would you want to be tried first? How will they decide who's going first? I'll bet the lawyers know if going first is the best thing to do or the worst thing to do.
.....Just My 2 Cents......

Last edited:
Wow! This is the first time I've seen someone mention this, that maybe the Wagner's did not want the Rhodens gaining access to Sophia's future inheritence. Fred's great grandkids would likely be heirs to much of Fred's property and of course the Rhodens could derive some benefit and or access to the property in that senario.

You asked if the murders were more about money than love. I have to say that I think it's neither. I think it is what DeWine said, obsession over control of the children but I also think it was about obsession over control of Hanna and her family, and not allowing the Rhodens to have any access, in any way, to Sophia's inheritance . It was about the Wagner's having complete control and taking total control away from Hanna and her family.

Sophia was with the Wagner's the night of the murders. I believe Angela stayed home and was watching the 2 kids the night of the murders, I do not think the men would have wanted her at the crime scenes. Also, there are discrepancies of when Jake dropped off and picked Sophia up that week, but we do know someone took Sophia to the hospital to see Kylie.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the first trial will affect the 2nd trial and how the 2nd one affects the 3rd etc.... Would you want to be tried first? How will they decide who's going first? I'll bet the lawyers know if going first is the best thing to do or the worst thing to do.

It appears to me that FW has protected all of her property thru LLC's so no need for probate.

I think it's odd that a elderly man in poor health would not have a beneficiary. I am not certain about the following tho. It appears that she had her 3 children sign away their rights to the $700k. If anyone knows better then please tell me. It's in the Pike County probate court with the name George.
We had a selfish group of children that fought the inheritance of their half brother even tho he was part of our family costing my grandparent most of her own inheritance.

Also, my laptop is away being fixed so please ignore missing words and spelling for a couple of weeks.

I believe AW was there. They tested women's boot thread and pattern. Maybe her son's had small feet? o_O

Jmo. But I do believe BW has a good friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels