OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have to wonder about the car of the missing man from Kitts Hill. A man went missing, apparently out of character for him, and his car was found on county road 5 in Kitts Hill. Still haven't found the man as far as I know (from googling anyway). When I looked on a google map of county road 5 kitts hill it was not that far from Piketon. The dates of the car/man missing and the date the car was found show it was around the same time as the Rhoden massacre. I can't help but wonder if the perps did something horrible with this man, took his car to go commit the massacre, and then dumped the car in the entry of the forest on county road 5. The dates and map just seem like it could be a possibility. I mean, surely if you were going to commit a mass murder involving 4 houses, you wouldn't take your own car. Stolen car would be the only way to go. Hoping LE has already considered this. Funny thing is, the only way I know about this missing man was through fb by looking at a friend of one of the Rhodens who happened to know the guy and posted they were looking for him. That's when I looked up his story because he was missing since the evening of 4/20 and found it interesting.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Se...ng-man-in-Lawrence-County-Ohio-377203231.html

Kitts Hill is roughly a little over an hours drive from just Piketon, (a little more to where these murders happened). I have an aunt that lives in Ironton, and Kitts Hill is very near there in Lawrence County. Anything is possible though. :)

I wonder if what they are really requesting is for locals to check thier trail cameras, without out coming right out and specifying it. We have a friend that has one and he has to go and physically get the tape (or whateverit is recorded on). I have no idea how often he brings it in and checks it.

I was also thinking trail cams. There are several properties between where DR was living and CR and FR lived. I think trail cams would be pretty popular. Most detect movement and turn on or take a picture. That could maybe confirm or rule out ATV or walking through the woods etc.

I still have to wonder about the car of the missing man from Kitts Hill. A man went missing, apparently out of character for him, and his car was found on county road 5 in Kitts Hill. Still haven't found the man as far as I know (from googling anyway). When I looked on a google map of county road 5 kitts hill it was not that far from Piketon. The dates of the car/man missing and the date the car was found show it was around the same time as the Rhoden massacre. I can't help but wonder if the perps did something horrible with this man, took his car to go commit the massacre, and then dumped the car in the entry of the forest on county road 5. The dates and map just seem like it could be a possibility. I mean, surely if you were going to commit a mass murder involving 4 houses, you wouldn't take your own car. Stolen car would be the only way to go. Hoping LE has already considered this. Funny thing is, the only way I know about this missing man was through fb by looking at a friend of one of the Rhodens who happened to know the guy and posted they were looking for him. That's when I looked up his story because he was missing since the evening of 4/20 and found it interesting.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Se...ng-man-in-Lawrence-County-Ohio-377203231.html

Makes me wonder if there's possibly of a connection and a ninth victim may be associated with the eight. JMO.

Excellent posts by lots of people lately. Thanks everyone for some great points. These last 3 posts here are especially interesting and wanted to reply to them.

I've been reading and thinking about this. The AG's request seems - odd. With as many investigators as they have in the area working on this case, my guess is that they have personally talked to every business and every resident in this area to inquire about security footage and to also ask if they noticed anything and that this was done within the first couple of days.

Could LE be playing a psychological game here?
And if so, what could it be? There is a lot of psychology involved in homicide cases. I know this because a family member of mine was a homicide detective for many years and when he had a person of interest in mind, he was known to play some interesting games to get the confession he needed to guarantee prosecution of that person or persons.

You could be onto something. I have to agree with this since I just don't think LE would have waited so long either. And the billboard thing is just bizarre in a way. So you could be right that maybe LE is trying to bring the culprit out of the woodwork.

Maybe the use of the billboards is to tell the culprit that not only are you not going to get to keep things a secret but we (LE) are going to blast it for all to see. Or something like that. :)

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I haven't posted in awhile but back when I did last one of the many theories I was sticking with is some vehicle was used in some sort of drug shipment with a hidden compartment and somehow that vehicle is missing. I think the shooters wanted either their money or that stash that was hidden in a vehicle. LE towed away a bunch of cars and I think LE was looking for it too.

I totally agree that the shooters would want to use a stolen vehicle to commit a crime like this. If they got pulled over and had to run on foot they would want a vehicle that was not tied to them. It happens for local crooks in my city here where a stolen car is used in a crime of burglary.

I agree with you that I hope LE is looking to a connection there too in case its connected. Wouldn't it be something if that guys car had the loot. :)

I wonder if what they are really requesting is for locals to check thier trail cameras, without out coming right out and specifying it. We have a friend that has one and he has to go and physically get the tape (or whateverit is recorded on). I have no idea how often he brings it in and checks it.

Excellent point. I think some of the cameras can be retrieved at any time and no photos would be lost because I think some of them will just stop taking pictures when memory is full. I wish LE would have just come out and suggested for people to check their hunting cams because until you mentioned this I never would have thought of that. Makes you wonder if others would not think LE needs those photos too if they caught a car going by that night. Or a 4 wheeler ATV or something.

The thread is slowing down, so let's play a little game.

Other than the obvious who and why, what is the one question you would like to see answered? Here's mine:

Where was Chris Sr. when this all started. Was he staying at Dana's trailer or was he at the 4077 trailer or somewhere else?

Unfortunately the questions I have regard individuals that may not be sleuthed at this point.

Could LE be playing a psychological game here? And if so, what could it be? There is a lot of psychology involved in homicide cases. I know this because a family member of mine was a homicide detective for many years and when he had a person of interest in mind, he was known to play some interesting games to get the confession he needed to guarantee prosecution of that person or persons.

That was my first thought. Give the impression they don't have diddly and keep your suspects in your peripheral vision. They'll relax sooner or later.

The thread is slowing down, so let's play a little game.

Other than the obvious who and why, what is the one question you would like to see answered? Here's mine:

Where was Chris Sr. when this all started. Was he staying at Dana's trailer or was he at the 4077 trailer or somewhere else?

I would like information about the whereabouts and activities of CR1, KR, and the other adults in the days and hours before their deaths. Often the last person(s) to see a victim before their death know something about how they died.

Looking online, it seems some of the people who are looking for him are from Ironton, OH, in Lawrence County. Ironton is not far from Greenup, KY, less than 10 miles.

This is what I do for a living.In our company I am the loss prevention.we have high tech cameras I can zoom in and watch footage and get plate numbers off of cars. Ours stores data for 7 to 10 days depending on the numbers of cameras running(some are motion activated). They are way late the ball games over and clean up crew even have went home.Smh moo!

While it's unlikely there's anything similar in the area, the last place I worked in LP had ~10 months of video archived on site with 37 cameras recording 24/7.

There could be a gas station close (relatively- given the rural area) with decent storage and hi def cameras.

There is also a pic of CRsr and DR on a motorcycle on the FB page titled "Justice for the Rhodens". It's the one with an orange ribbon as the header picture.

Has anyone read anything about them being in a Motorcycle Club? I followed the link earlier from one of the posters to Wikipedia about The Highwaymen.
I would repost the link but I am new on here and don't know how, but bear with me, I think I can learn to eventually.

Anyway back to the article this was part of it " (name deleted), the "Marlboro Marine", is a member of the Kentucky Highwaymen, many of whom, like (name deleted), are veterans suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder."

I find it interesting that this marine also has the last name of some of the extended Rhoden family members Re: GR's funeral and burial site, although that last name is very common. I also find it interesting that members of this MC were arrested for stolen cars/parts and drug trafficking.

The former military experience could account for the way this murder was carried out, how they got in and out so smoothly, how they could get past dogs, locks, and creep on sleeping people. Could even account for how they could see in the dark.

Maybe I am wrong but aren't a lot of military taught urban warfare?

Please delete if this is against TOS

Has anyone read anything about them being in a Motorcycle Club? I followed the link earlier from one of the posters to Wikipedia about The Highwaymen.
I would repost the link but I am new on here and don't know how, but bear with me, I think I can learn to eventually.

Anyway back to the article this was part of it " (name deleted), the "Marlboro Marine", is a member of the Kentucky Highwaymen, many of whom, like (name deleted), are veterans suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder."

I find it interesting that this marine also has the last name of some of the extended Rhoden family members Re: GR's funeral and burial site, although that last name is very common. I also find it interesting that members of this MC were arrested for stolen cars/parts and drug trafficking.

The former military experience could account for the way this murder was carried out, how they got in and out so smoothly, how they could get past dogs, locks, and creep on sleeping people. Could even account for how they could see in the dark.

Maybe I am wrong but aren't a lot of military taught urban warfare?

Please delete if this is against TOS

I sent a note to the Mods to see if its ok to discuss this group. A little online research shows some interesting things. We'll see what they say.

Highwaymen Motorcycle Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this will work, but if not here is part of the article.

On May 5, 2007, the Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested 40 members and associates of the Detroit chapter of the Highwaymen on a number of charges including racketeering, murder for hire, assault, police corruption, cocaine trafficking, vehicle theft, and mortgage and insurance fraud. Twenty-nine illegal firearms, including assault rifles, shotguns and handguns, were also found when FBI agents raided homes and the chapter's clubhouse. The investigation into the club lasted two years and involved wiretaps and two informants, one of whom was eventually murdered.
High-ranking Highwaymen member Randell Lee McDaniel was arrested for running a chop shop in Lansing, Michigan on June 13, 2007. The investigation by the Monroe County Auto Theft Enforcement began in October 2006 and served several search warrants on properties owned by McDaniel. He was charged with conducting a criminal enterprise, operating a chop shop, motor vehicle theft and possessing a controlled substance.[SUP][11][/SUP]
Four police officers and a member of the Highwaymen were indicted on March 12, 2008 by a federal grand jury in Detroit on charges stemming from the 2007 investigation into drug trafficking. Highwaymen member Sean Donovan, who was already incarcerated on stolen property charges, was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana and Vicodin. The four police officers were also jailed for corruption.[SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP]

Yes, very interesting. Also this:

Four police officers and a member of the Highwaymen were indicted on March 12, 2008 by a federal grand jury in Detroit on charges stemming from the 2007 investigation into drug trafficking. Highwaymen member Sean Donovan, who was already incarcerated on stolen property charges, was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana and Vicodin. The four police officers were also jailed for corruption.[12][13]

Got my attention.

I sent a note to the Mods to see if its ok to discuss this group. A little online research shows some interesting things. We'll see what they say.

Thank you for sending the note. I hope they delete my posts if it is against TOS. I think I messed the posts up anyway.

This area really doesn't have any gas stations or business' close by, the closest nearby place (with the exception of homes) that might have cameras would be the roadside rest at the foot of Union Hill (32 East). You are pretty much in BFE. I think some people are thinking it is close to Piketon (as they keep referencing it in reports) but it is about a 10-15 minute drive away. Actually, Peebles would be closer.

Maybe they aren't referring to the kind of businesses we are thinking of. Maybe "home businesses"?

Maybe they aren't referring to the kind of businesses we are thinking of. Maybe "home businesses"?

Their distance from towns is similar to mine. Our nearest town is about a 20 minute drive. If you go one direction to one town there is a very small run down gas station that is rarely open and hasn't had cameras the last 2 instances of break ins, but that's legitimately the only thing you have before you get to "town" which consists of a gas station and a dollar general. If you go the other way there IS an unadvertised, with no real signage, so I'm so not even sure but I think it's like a Ma and pop repair shop, it's a big garage and always has cars sitting outside, but since they are almost always plated, change from time to time, and sometimes are crashed up cars, I assume it's a business run by the guy that lives next to it. I'd almost be willing to bet he has cameras up. So it's definitely possible there could be places like that along the way that may have cameras that aren't your standard gas stations, grocery stores, etc.. Or even people that own a lot of farming equipment, that stuff isn't cheap. I know one of the guys on our roads has cameras up on his barns for security and for keeping an eye on his animals, and I'd imagine he gets a glimpse of the roads. Other than that, by us it's all fields and trees, which seems to be a lot of the same scenery around there. Trail cameras aren't really going to be set up next to a road unless they were for security purposes IMO.

I also know growers who have cameras. I wish we knew if the Rhoden's did. I feel like they would, but I don't know. I know Daily Mail said KR did and they were gone, and I might believe it. They have also said these people did what they could to interfere with the investigation, so I wonder if the Rhoden's did too and their gone.

This case just boggles my mind so much. So many different scenarios and so many questions. I've been trying to hope that they've had their eyes on someone, but nearing 3 weeks I'm getting worried. But maybe they are just waiting for someone to make a mistake.. Or maybe they really have almost nothing.

i wrote on this several threads back. I agree that it seems very coincidental and somewhat close.... I looked for an update on the missing man and nothing was found.. I stated before that it could be a possibility that the man was involved in the Rhoden crime and went missing purposefully. One way or another the timing is something that should be considered.

I hope Chris sr.s videos were working. I knew you could not just slip up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo