OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back round to they were ambushed. Who could pull off an ambush? I've not led an extremely sheltered life over the years, so, unless these guys were super naive, not just anyone is walking up to that trailer and getting in. They'd have to be invited in, or they bulldozed their way in. To me, it looks like the former. If it was the former, they had to know their assailants. People w/grow ops, or just selling, do not invite strangers into their homes. Period. (Again unless they are naive.) LE keeps running through my mind b/c they could pull it off w/o problem. They could have thought it was someone they were meeting w/about their agreement, and the LE would have arrived in an unmarked car, and in street clothes. After they go to CR1s then it is feasible they could go to the other homes, under pretense of "there's been an accident", to get inside those homes easily. Just another angle.

Perhaps no one 'let' them because they were already inside both trailers as guests. All the perp had to do was leave.

Chris Sr did not look naive to me.

My experience is that producers or distributors don't let people into their homes unless they know and trust them. A friend of a friend is not good enough. In the event they do let someone in they don't know, it's usually if they are with someone they trust but guns are on the ready and they're very careful about what is said and done. Add to that the dogs, and I'm convinced the killers were not only known to the victims but were close to them.

Something I have wondered about...could it be possible that the killer (s) who murdered everyone but Kenneth was one person (or one group of people) and the person that killed Kenneth was somebody else? For example, AFTER the knews broke of the 7 murdered all in close proximity to each other, could someone who heard the news then have went by himself and killed Kenneth and robbed him possibly, all along knowing/thinking it would more than likely be tied in with the other 7 people being murdered? Especially if it was someone possibly close to Kenneth, for example friend or relative, and knew there was cash on hand at Kenneth's and/or whatever else they thought they could possibly benefit from?...

It is just so hard to grasp why Kenneth was not found for HOURS later or I should say at least not reported found for hours later. Yes, I do realize there was some distance from Kenneth to the others but out of all the people who seemed to be present at the time of the others being found, no one thought THEN to check on Kenneth??

Thoughts anyone?

I agree with the belief that they were ambushed. I also think that Chris and Gary had been entertaining their killer at Chris's place and that Kenny had been over there visiting with Gary since he was in town, and is the reason why he was killed and was only shot once. I believe that Dana, Frankie, Chris Jr and the two Hannah's were only eliminated because they were aware of who was visiting over at Chris Sr's place that evening. I think that video's from the grocery store/beer store may be helpful if there is anything in town that will show Chris Sr. and/or Gary with anyone other than the family that evening. Obviously, Chris Sr. was the target of someone's rage that night and everyone else was just in the right place at the wrong time. I can only imagine the fear that young mother of the 3 year old (CR) must feel because in my heart of hearts I believe that the killer was there at Chris Sr's when she dropped her son off to be with his Dad. Thankfully, with the distance and it bring night, she would have really nothing to be afraid of. It is apparent that the dogs knew the killer and obviously knew that the family had security cameras. I feel that the removal of the camera's not only was to avoid being caught but also to "hide" because they are ashamed of what they have done.

Perhaps no one 'let' them because they were already inside both trailers as guests. All the perp had to do was leave.

At some point, someone had to let this person(s) in. My point is, people w/ grow ops, or even folks just selling a good amount of weed, out of their home, is not going to let a stranger just come strolling right in, late in the evening or early a.m (or anytime really). We know that whoever it was arrived after 10:30 p.m. and before 7:30 a.m. at the 4077 addresses.

Edit: They could have arrived before those times, but, the murders did not happen, at CR1's trailer until between those times.

I think the responsibility of doing chores, for example feeding animals, included more than one person on a regular basis. This is JMO.

I think the responsibility of doing chores, for example feeding animals, included more than one person on a regular basis. This is JMO.

I think that may be the case too but they don't want anyone to know that they "know" about the grow op.

I don't think it's too far out of line to say that sibling rivalry has no doubt IMO played a role in other crimes of this nature.

Something I have wondered about...could it be possible that the killer (s) who murdered everyone but Kenneth was one person (or one group of people) and the person that killed Kenneth was somebody else? For example, AFTER the knews broke of the 7 murdered all in close proximity to each other, could someone who heard the news then have went by himself and killed Kenneth and robbed him possibly, all along knowing/thinking it would more than likely be tied in with the other 7 people being murdered? Especially if it was someone possibly close to Kenneth, for example friend or relative, and knew there was cash on hand at Kenneth's and/or whatever else they thought they could possibly benefit from?...

It is just so hard to grasp why Kenneth was not found for HOURS later or I should say at least not reported found for hours later. Yes, I do realize there was some distance from Kenneth to the others but out of all the people who seemed to be present at the time of the others being found, no one thought THEN to check on Kenneth??

Thoughts anyone?

I just don't think so. For someone to have killed KR for money it wouldn't have made sense to leave money on his body. There's disagreement as to how much money was left, it could have only been $100, but I think thieves would have taken that.

I think two people could have committed all the murders, but I think it is likely there were more. In fact, I envision at least two people per crime scene. The problem I'm having trouble reconciling is my competing theories that A) there were many killers and B) at least some of them were very close to the family. The greater the number of killers, the less close the relationship to the family some of them are.

In other cases I have followed on Websleuths, FB pages that have been set up for the victims in regards to seeking Justice have been able to be linked but I'm not sure how that applies in this case. I will alert my own post and will await further input from a Mod.

I agree with the belief that they were ambushed. I also think that Chris and Gary had been entertaining their killer at Chris's place and that Kenny had been over there visiting with Gary since he was in town, and is the reason why he was killed and was only shot once. I believe that Dana, Frankie, Chris Jr and the two Hannah's were only eliminated because they were aware of who was visiting over at Chris Sr's place that evening. I think that video's from the grocery store/beer store may be helpful if there is anything in town that will show Chris Sr. and/or Gary with anyone other than the family that evening. Obviously, Chris Sr. was the target of someone's rage that night and everyone else was just in the right place at the wrong time. I can only imagine the fear that young mother of the 3 year old (CR) must feel because in my heart of hearts I believe that the killer was there at Chris Sr's when she dropped her son off to be with his Dad. Thankfully, with the distance and it bring night, she would have really nothing to be afraid of. It is apparent that the dogs knew the killer and obviously knew that the family had security cameras. I feel that the removal of the camera's not only was to avoid being caught but also to "hide" because they are ashamed of what they have done.

I agree up to the point of the videos. I don't think this person(s) feels any guilt or remorse.

I think that may be the case too but they don't want anyone to know that they "know" about the grow op.

I've tossed that one around, a lot, myself. I think the rivalry, possibly jealousy, may have existed, but, I just can't see it as causing this, in the end.

Thoughts anyone?

That's an interesting theory! The only thing I can think of about that is that if what DS said was true, then KR was usually up very early in the am working on cars (not sure about that day though since weren't they supposed to go to an auction in Columbus?). Since he was found in his bed, I am guessing they got to him before he got up for they day.

However, midday, he could be taking a nap, still hungover, who knows really!

This case is so perplexing.

Unless you have a banker that is not totally honest you're not paying any interest on an escrow account. Now if the escrow account falls short you should be given an option to "catch it up" or at that point there might be some type of "service fee", or an option to add the negative balance to your loan, but otherwise you don't pay interest on an escrow account.

I've had quotes with mortgage including taxes and insurance and without.

By FAR, the cheaper way was paying it myself.

The mortgage payments would be like 400-500 a month higher with escrow, and if I paid myself the amount extra paying for them was like 150 per month. So.... I always paid myself.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Reading this makes me think of killers dressed as LE. I also recall reports of SWAT equipment being stolen somewhere in Ohio.

Suppose it could also mean LM was PO'd at LE at the time he said that.

In one of the other murders in the area,... maybe Candy Newsome? ... wasn't the husband was thinking she must have pulled over for a 'police car' or at least someone with a flashing blue light?

It probably isn't related but there was an older cop car for sale on Chillicothe craigslist a few months ago.

In other cases I have followed on Websleuths, FB pages that have been set up for the victims in regards to seeking Justice have been able to be linked but I'm not sure how that applies in this case. I will alert my own post and will await further input from a Mod.

At this point in time we aren't linking to any "Justice" type FB groups.

Thank you for asking :smile:

I feed over 40 horses twice daily with no help. And clean the stalls. And give lessons. And sell horses.

Cop cars are fairly easy to come by too, I could probably find 20 in Ohio right now online, and cheap.

Cop cars are fairly easy to come by too, I could probably find 20 in Ohio right now online, and cheap.

There is one down the road from my house sitting by the road for sale.

My thoughts exactly, neighbors said police were on Carolyn Thomlinson's street all the time, and many times at their house. Noone would suspect officers patrolling it regularly. LM said there were security cameras and floodlights set up to show people inside their vehicle when they pulled up in front of Chris' trailer. Would you open a door for officers in uniform with what looks like an undercover vehicle? Ofcourse you would.

Chris and Gary were in the bedroom, but they had been in the livingroom, Dana was found her living room. Did they open the doors for what they thought were officers? Candy Newsome's daughter wasn't in bed, shot in the back of the head trying to get away, had she opened the door? If you're holding a gun on them you can force them to their beds, and Frankie had a black eye. Had he opened the door for them?

They had weapons you're not going to argue with men you think are officers doing a drug bust. You don't want your dogs shot, if they told them to let their dogs out or they'll shoot them, you'd do it. If people have security cameras and paranoid you're not going to leave your door unlocked. They would be opened from the inside.
We've had people pretend to be officers to get people to pull over, even having police lights, and things are stolen out of police cars, and facilities all the time. It's easy for criminals to get those things, you can buy anything online to look like an officer.

Plus if you think they're officers you're not going to have your gun pulled out on them at first, maybe why noone shot at the killers.

This theory is entirely possible. There had to be some concerns they could be arrested at some point in time for the pot growing operation. If there was something else going on that was illegal, then that, too. I also agree that if there are security cameras outside, the doors are going to be locked.

Whoever showed up at their homes that night might not even have had to be wearing LE uniforms or driving a vehicle that looked like a LE vehicle to get the victims to open their doors, IMO. The killer or killers could have been people the victims did not know, perhaps dressed in a business manner and driving a plain car. They could have knocked on the door of each home, called one of the adult's names and said something to the effect of "open up - FBI or BCI", we need to talk to you. There could have been some conversation through the door, and the victim may even have been told that other family members had just been arrested and all of this might have been enough to convince them they were about to be arrested and had no choice but to open the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966