OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this in today's Gannett Ohio papers: "DeWine has repeatedly told reporters that investigators are not approaching the case “with a grand theory” about what might have happened. Instead, he said, they are looking at each piece of evidence "without any preconceived notions.”....

And then I try to juxtapose that against what BJM says about them coming to their home at 4 a.m. asking her how much she was paid to kill her family.

Just to be honest here. Are all of the folks involved in this investigation on the same page and communicating regularly?

I don't see the contradiction. LE is looking into many different possibilities. I'm sure they've scrutinized all the family members. If they suspected the family members were not being entirely forthcoming (esp. since LE discovered the growing ops at three locations), they probably decided to put pressure on them to divulge more information. Perhaps they thought BJM was the most likely to wilt under pressure and tell them more. Not that she had information about the murders, but that she knew more about the "questionable" activities the Rhodens were involved in. LE, obviously, needed everyone to provide any and all information that would help them solve this crime. (I do admit that when I first read about that interrogation of BJM, I thought of Barney Fife, hitchin' up his deputy pants and doing his best to intimidate BJM.)

I can think of a few reasons for waiting till baby is born: 1. can't really make plans for big slaughter if there is this unpredictable event of impending birth that can't be planned for. 2. Wasn't it established that the moon was bright on the morning of the murders? Also, if turkey season was used as cover for the crime, they had to wait for it to start.

I agree with both of these 100%. HR's baby was born on April 17, the Sunday before she died. I recently had a baby on a Sunday, too, via c-section, and was home late-afternoon/early evening the following Wednesday.

4 days is a pretty standard stay for a C-section. So, if she, too, delivered via c-sec, that would mean she was home for hardly more than 24hrs before she was killed. If she had a natural birth, then she probably got home late Tuesday. So barely 48 hours. I’m sorry, but these windows of time are too small to be a coincidence. The baby was spared and/or the killer(s) was waiting for her to give birth for whatever reason—a million can be speculated—but I firmly believe the timing of her birth being so close to these murders is no coincidence. IMO, of course!

What's interesting about this case to me is that there are so many people who make perfect sense and add up from every single direction. We could build a pretty convincing case for most of the people who have been mentioned here. The issue is that we're stuck looking at context and connections, without any evidence to point us in a certain direction or rule someone out.
Preach.
I hope LE is building a solid case. I refuse to believe they have nothing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am not in the "they waited for the baby to be born" camp. I really just think that is a coincidence. Now, they may have waited for Hannah to get out of the hospital or just knew she was out, so they could eliminate all of the adults. But, let's just give some thought to them waiting until the baby was born, if they did? Why wait? Well, if they did it before the baby was born, then Hannah would have been very pregnant with a full term baby. If they killed a pregnant lady, they in essence more than likely would also kill her baby, since there would be no telling how soon someone could get to the baby in the womb. So, once again....they did not want to kill the children, in the womb or out of the womb. Make sense? That is the ONLY reason I can think they would wait until the baby was born.

There could very well be another reason ... Firstly, it needs to be said, we do not know who fathered the new baby. If the killer suspected he was the father of this child he may well have wanted it to live ... in which case the timing of the massacre becomes a critical factor, as is the survival of the child (and the others, too, in order to divert attention away from this scenario). The birth and survival of the child may be (or could have been) potentially beneficial to the father ... a motive or secondary motive, perhaps ??

In addition to the car issue, I had thought there were two trailers there, but wasn't for sure if it was an outbuilding or not, from the map views. So they were moving that car from KRs that day instead of CR1s. B/c if it was photographed, by the MSM, at KR's, then it could not be moved from CR1's later on. Thanks for these!

Look at the top picture...the black truck...the cars being towed is the blue car and the black truck in the picture. Everyone is saying the truck is JM, but I think his truck is the red truck parked on the road in front of DR house (Think back to the gentleman/investigator was leaning in looking at the red truck and everyone thought he was handcuffed. I think that was JM truck. Not the black one shown being towed)

If you look at the black truck behind the blue car you can see it the same shape, type, etc...I am almost...IMO...100% positive

Look at the top picture...the black truck...the cars being towed is the blue car and the black truck in the picture. Everyone is saying the truck is JM, but I think his truck is the red truck parked on the road in front of DR house (Think back to the gentleman/investigator was leaning in looking at the red truck and everyone thought he was handcuffed. I think that was JM truck. Not the black one shown being towed)

If you look at the black truck behind the blue car you can see it the same shape, type, etc...I am almost...IMO...100% positive
f956dfc03f2c41d594269adc5781be88.jpg

Truck is black or dark blue

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reading this makes me think of killers dressed as LE. I also recall reports of SWAT equipment being stolen somewhere in Ohio.

Suppose it could also mean LM was PO'd at LE at the time he said that.

Hmmm, the little interesting comments that have come from LM from time to time...

Hmmm, the little interesting comments that have come from LM from time to time...

We do know he had a spat with police the previous Saturday. He referred to them as "snots." Something about cars and license plates.

This is the truck being towed...
94528798605ea1691e21a2b10dcf205f.jpg

dba983a9c6e2ec8b6cfde4726c15557a.jpg

It's definitely JM's truck.

Fresh thread #14 is all ready to go for you folks. Please start moving on over. This one will close in ten.

He made bail back in December. Was scheduled to go before the Grand Jury for final pre-trial on April 22nd, the day after the murders. Someone mentioned Manley's comment about LE showing up and it zinged ~ I imagine anyone with a growing op like the Rhodens is paying protection. I just think maybe JJ hit them up and they said no - big mistake.
Adding on to your post ^^^
Corrupt little town that's for sure. What does Pike Co. have about 12 cops?
Here's 4 that are dirty that we know off.
JJ should be behind bars with NO bond after killing 2 people. He has a very lengthy record, especially for a for a "policeman"
interesting date, huh?
A final pretrial date is set for April 22. A trial date is expected to be determined at that time.
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-set-jenkins-final-pretrial-hearing/80622902/

Ironically here are 3 more bad Pike co.police officers. This article was released on the news the very day BEFORE the Rhodens were killed. Could have been the very same night actually. Interesting comments as well.
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...resign-sexual-assault-investigation/83353678/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz