OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what we have is the shatter dealers could've become informants, because they were never charged. Whoever the shatter came from in California is unknown,or is that part of the investigation of drug activity in the county? The Rhodens are executed two months later, and they weren't the dealers who had the shatter sent to them. The Sheriff that was elected and part of the inner circle that's been in the county for years main thrust is ridding the county of drugs. With only 13 deputies, some undercover, not sure how that works everyone knows everyone, but anyway with everything that's been happening in the small community it comes to this, after two deaths connected to the Dept last year, eight executed in the county connected to drugs last month, and now there doesn't seem to be any answers. What the heck

Trust me, the shatter lab has crossed my mind plenty of times. I just never thought of it as being a set-up bust. I honestly thought it was legitimately just something the PO found.
After reading this post, though, I'm about to change my mind!!!

First time posting here, I think I have read through most of what has been said.

I live close, real close to the crime scenes, and knew several of the Manley family members. I can tell you from personal experience there is NO way DR, CRjr, and FR did not know what was going on the dope. They all lived together in the white trailer prior to DR and family moving to 3122 Union Hill Road. There is also NO way LM was not aware, he spent more than half of his time travelling back and forth from his house to the white trailer (tarps on the roof). The 3122 property has been sitting empty for some time, and yes there are close houses. One being lived in by a friend of CRjr. The other being empty of regular residents to my knowledge as the elderly owners are deceased. The 3122 property was purchased from an elderly couple that have zero connection to the Rhoden family. Bottom line, and while it may not be a reason to wipe out a whole family, these people were all involved in the criminal activity. Don't let CRjr. age fool you.

Thank you for the post and Welcome! I'm confused as I thought though that the 3122 address was one of the crime scenes and that FR and HG lived there? And if not, then what address did they currently live at when this happened? Thanks in advance.

JMO, but I think this was an honest bust. The postal worker smelled it, and called the law, simple as that. I don't think it had anything to do with the Rhodens at all.

It's the postal worker smelling it that makes me wonder. Just seems as though someone sending $150,000 worth of product through the mail would have taken some simple precautions against obvious aroma leakage. Sounds fishy to me.

Now the Rhoden connection is pure what-if. And sometimes it matters less what IS than what something LOOKS like to someone else.

It's no secret that marijuana has been the largest cash crop for that part of the state for some time. That by itself is not such an issue. But, rural counties in Ohio have also lately been beset by huge involvements with opiates and now heroin. This has raised the ante considerably. Not only does it bring in a different kind of criminal element, but it calls for a different type and level of response from local LE. Now--I have seen NOTHING whatsoever to connect the Rhodens to any of that. But, it would strike me as highly unlikely, particularly in light of current circumstances, that they have had no encounters with buyers/sellers/users of other stuff.

We're looking at a bunch of stuff that is all about a half-step away from connection, whether it's the roosters, the derbies or the weed. Maybe they're just raising chickens, or just selling 'em to others who are into *advertiser censored*-fighting. Maybe they are just some very small-time growers only selling to friends. Maybe they just do derbies for funsies and never get involved in betting on it. But we have 8 dead folks who walked right up to the edge of some dangerous stuff. And clearly somebody killed 'em for some reason.

RSBM.

Confidential informants. It is common practice to pay them for information in most LE agencies.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

What the article said...
Since Reader has been sheriff, Price says the effort to catch drug dealers has "exploded." He estimates he’s signed more than twice the amount of search warrants related to drug investigations and buys than in his first few years as judge, most of them using undercover officers and confidential informants.

I take what DeWine said at the beginning as being more than locals wanting revenge, and how they executed the family. I think they have a bigger problem than some locals dealing drugs to one another in that whole area. Hopefully there's bigger agencies handling this than just the local Dept.

I'd not think they'd just let her go though. I just think that whole thing was a setup. If I rec'd something like that in that mail, and got caught, believe me, the State Police, Sheriff, etc... would have my photo and name on every website they could plaster it on.

I doubt it. Since OIG would be involved you would never know they were after you until you were caught. They are like FBI. They don't let anyone know what's going on and they have jurisdiction on anything to do with the USPS.

I was looking around at theories and noticed some folks saying CSR lived with Dana and was only using the trailer as a work trailer. I could see this. I mean, most guys would kill for a hang out spot, right? Kind of like his own man cave? But what about the cameras? Could it be that he was using it primarily AS a grow site, which is why he chose to have cameras there in particular? We know Kenneth had cameras, and we also know he had some plants in his garage....so it makes sense.

So where is the third site...was it without cameras, or has anyone mentioned FR or DR's having cameras? I feel like we're missing a third protected grow site in there somewhere....

How does that just get dropped? You have ganja mailed to a person. The person picks it up and it just gets dropped? If it in fact did just get dropped, I can see how there is so much crime there....Perhaps the force needs to be gutted and start over.

I really cannot see it having been dropped (barring dirty cops just taking a pay-off). But, I do believe that the growing trend for LE has been to go for bigger folks. Not the guy on the street selling and not small-time growers (or I would suppose meth labs and the like). Those folks, however, can be useful in pulling together the bigger picture of who to take down.

In may neighborhood there are a lot of folks who get really frustrated that they cannot just call the cops to come get some guy they see dealing on the corner. They don't realize what it takes to get a conviction--even going after that guy on the corner. Typically they would have to stage a number of undercover buys. And then what you've got is some new guy on the corner selling.

Clearly they have someone in Piketon dead to rights on receiving through the mail (looks tough to prosecute) and producing shatter. The fact that they are still walking around says to me that they were just small potatoes and they are using their information to go after something bigger.

Or else the cops are just so dirty that the someone paid a private "fine" to make it all go away.

In the interview that BJM gave on May 12, it was implied, quote; "That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his stomach. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his stomach. He was dead, as well.". /quote. But, we had heard that one of them was lying across the other in the beginning. So, I'm not sure. Could have been that the assailant shot GR in the bedroom, and CR1 walked in, then they had to shoot CR1, and only had to drag him into the bedroom. Either way, whoever drug them had to either know how to pick up dead weight and drag, or was strong enough to maneuver the body(ies) in there, if they were alone. CR1 was not a lightweight. So I'm still leaning toward two assailants.
Ugh! They had to be strong right???? I'd throw out my back

GR's father said GR was laying across CR Sr's legs with three shots to the head during an interview...

And therein lies the rub. Who is correct? BJM actually found them, however, you'd think that GR's father would have been privy to that information, or, did the paper misquote BJM?

I really cannot see it having been dropped (barring dirty cops just taking a pay-off). But, I do believe that the growing trend for LE has been to go for bigger folks. Not the guy on the street selling and not small-time growers (or I would suppose meth labs and the like). Those folks, however, can be useful in pulling together the bigger picture of who to take down.

In may neighborhood there are a lot of folks who get really frustrated that they cannot just call the cops to come get some guy they see dealing on the corner. They don't realize what it takes to get a conviction--even going after that guy on the corner. Typically they would have to stage a number of undercover buys. And then what you've got is some new guy on the corner selling.

Clearly they have someone in Piketon dead to rights on receiving through the mail (looks tough to prosecute) and producing shatter. The fact that they are still walking around says to me that they were just small potatoes and they are using their information to go after something bigger.

Or else the cops are just so dirty that the someone paid a private "fine" to make it all go away.

This was a pretty big operation. The mailed package alone was worth $100,000.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html?mode=jqm

And your statement about making it all go away probably isn't far from the truth. Money talks in a poor county

According to intheknow74 Dana and the teens lived with CR Sr till they moved into the address with the red barn. That's three weeks before this happened, Gary is in the trailer, cameras are there with flood lights that according to LM shine right into a vehicle when it pulls up. KR has a camera system and when he goes somewhere chains and padlocks his trailer. This seems to me they knew there could be trouble, Dana and the teens were moved to a separate home, Gary brought in, DS was going to stay the night at KR's. Someone has to know why they were afraid and actually LM stated he wasn't going to talk about that now when asked if Dana feared for her safety. A relative had been living with FR and HG for about 5 weeks, and had just moved out, then moved 500 yards from KR.

There's also the homecare nurse from Waverly that's been missing two weeks, with past drug charges Pike County is also investigating. We didn't hear about that till yesterday, nothing is surprising me there now.

Thanks Dudley. Believe me I will take a look. Is the oath in there too?

Dudley you seem to be right. Begs a lot of questions though. Why is Sheriff Reader tellin us all he's going to get who is responsible? Is that why he is so careful making statements about previous knowledge of the Rhodens and drug activity in the area? Since his main duty is "keeping the peace" is it a requirement that he call in the AG's Office for serious crime investigations? I noticed this document was revised in 2007. Have Sheriff Department duties changed a lot from the past? You really made me think.

According to intheknow74 Dana and the teens lived with CR Sr till they moved into the address with the red barn. That's three weeks before this happened, Gary is in the trailer, cameras are there with flood lights that according to LM shine right into a vehicle when it pulls up. KR has a camera system and when he goes somewhere chains and padlocks his trailer. This seems to me they knew there could be trouble, Dana and the teens were moved to a separate home, Gary brought in, DS was going to stay the night at KR's. Someone has to know why they were afraid and actually LM stated he wasn't going to talk about that now when asked if Dana feared for her safety. A relative had been living with FR and HG for about 5 weeks, and had just moved out, then moved 500 yards from KR.

There's also the homecare nurse from Waverly that's been missing two weeks, with past drug charges Pike County is also investigating. We didn't hear about that till yesterday, nothing is surprising me there now.

Keeping track of the housing shuffle involved is one heck of a task all by itself. You've got four crime scenes and three at least four of these people have lived at more than one of them at some point in time. It makes my brain hurt.

Have you heard of either FR's or DR's new place having cameras? If there were three grow ops, and only two places with cameras....would it stand to reason that it was somewhere nearer to FR's house? Or maybe at Dana's new place, only they hadn't had time to install them?

It's the postal worker smelling it that makes me wonder. Just seems as though someone sending $150,000 worth of product through the mail would have taken some simple precautions against obvious aroma leakage. Sounds fishy to me.

Now the Rhoden connection is pure what-if. And sometimes it matters less what IS than what something LOOKS like to someone else.

It's no secret that marijuana has been the largest cash crop for that part of the state for some time. That by itself is not such an issue. But, rural counties in Ohio have also lately been beset by huge involvements with opiates and now heroin. This has raised the ante considerably. Not only does it bring in a different kind of criminal element, but it calls for a different type and level of response from local LE. Now--I have seen NOTHING whatsoever to connect the Rhodens to any of that. But, it would strike me as highly unlikely, particularly in light of current circumstances, that they have had no encounters with buyers/sellers/users of other stuff.

We're looking at a bunch of stuff that is all about a half-step away from connection, whether it's the roosters, the derbies or the weed. Maybe they're just raising chickens, or just selling 'em to others who are into *advertiser censored*-fighting. Maybe they are just some very small-time growers only selling to friends. Maybe they just do derbies for funsies and never get involved in betting on it. But we have 8 dead folks who walked right up to the edge of some dangerous stuff. And clearly somebody killed 'em for some reason.
When we had one at the post office I work at it was found because the package was damaged..you could smell it
In the interview that BJM gave on May 12, it was implied, quote; "That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his stomach. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his stomach. He was dead, as well.". /quote. But, we had heard that one of them was lying across the other in the beginning. So, I'm not sure. Could have been that the assailant shot GR in the bedroom, and CR1 walked in, then they had to shoot CR1, and only had to drag him into the bedroom. Either way, whoever drug them had to either know how to pick up dead weight and drag, or was strong enough to maneuver the body(ies) in there, if they were alone. CR1 was not a lightweight. So I'm still leaning toward two assailants.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, do you have any theories or knowledge about where they possibly kept these grow operations now that you know they exist? Did you ever have any inkling they were even into that sort of business?

Also....do you have any theories at all?

I always figured LM and DS are just playing dumb... Do you think LE knew about the Rhoden's "business"? Do you think someone in LE get's regular hush/protection money from these kind of growers? Thanks for posting!!!

I always figured LM and DS are just playing dumb... Do you think LE knew about the Rhoden's "business"? Do you think someone in LE get's regular hush/protection money from these kind of growers? Thanks for posting!!!
Absolutely! Seeing what happened, more and more people are making a point to tell the media how they know nothing. For their own safety no doubt.

I doubt it. Since OIG would be involved you would never know they were after you until you were caught. They are like FBI. They don't let anyone know what's going on and they have jurisdiction on anything to do with the USPS.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but once the LE followed me, took a package that was intended for my spouse, photographed w/themselves all happy with it, on their website, and dismantled my shatter lab, I'd be pretty certain that everyone else knew, including OIG. Maybe these folks were just naive. Like I said, I've not lived a very sheltered life, and have been around the block more than once. If that were my pot, sitting there in that photo, I'd be expecting a visit from OIG. I'd not be doing anything else, illegal, at all, not even speeding, after they nailed me w/that, period.

I think we scared intheknow74 off. We did come at them pretty strong with all those questions and we didn't even welcome them to the forum.

Welcome intheknow74 to WS
icon12.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads