OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will not reopen tonight. 48 posts, in the last two pages, removed.

You want to discuss the T place and its posters? Not here.

Well, that was unfortunate. But a good illustration of just how quickly things can go south when people post rumor/local gossip as fact.

Which is exactly why Websleuths requires links to things stated as facts and why we require verification of those claiming to have inside knowledge of case players.

And also why we don't allow discussion from other social media to be absorbed and incorporated into the case discussions here.

We try to do better than that.

It's a new day, grab your coffee and clear the cobwebs.

This thread is now reopened.

tlcya

When I first heard of the murders of these 8 people, I automatically thought it was an angry family member or betrayed close friend who had done this. Part of me still leans that way, but just can't find the evidence to back that up. I never bought the mafia or gang or anything of that nature.. I am not sure why I just never did. Possibly because it seemed more personal. But as time wore on, I am wondering if this wasnt done by a rogue cop. Just a thought I have been whirling around in my head. Too many similarities to ignore. . The specific rogue cop that I was thinking of, moved out of town but really is not that far from the crime scene. Do I think he acted alone? Not sure. Its possible. Until more evidence is presented to the public I am at a standstill with my thoughts. I hope the killer or killers are found soon, so the Rhoden and Gilley families can find peace and justice is served.

Han, I believe they may have been recently password protected by the original poster. They may no longer be visible for that reason.

Thank you to all locals who provide us with invaluable context!

Something about LM's wave struck me. Why is LE (and surviving family members) seemingly confident that no one else is in immediate danger? LM's gesture appears relaxed and friendly from the description--would he do that if the perps were still at large and LE had no idea who did it? If the R family were informants, wouldn't all of them now be in Witness Protection?

Sooooo many questions and my theory changes every day!

Haha! That's what my husband said.
I'm glad he went with me..I definitely got an eerie vibe there.. and it was so wooded with several little paths here and there that led into the woods. It was creepy.

From the aerial views of that area you can see those trails go up to the tree line and disappear. Makes you wonder what all could be under those trees. Definitely plenty of
places for grow ops around there. Here they look for them with planes and choppers in the summer. In that area it wouldn't work very good.

Thank you to all locals who provide us with invaluable context!

Something about LM's wave struck me. Why is LE (and surviving family members) seemingly confident that no one else is in immediate danger? LM's gesture appears relaxed and friendly from the description--would he do that if the perps were still at large and LE had no idea who did it? If the R family were informants, wouldn't all of them now be in Witness Protection?

Sooooo many questions and my theory changes every day!

I really think LM's wave was just out of habit. In 20 years I can only recall a few times we passed someone out on their property and they didn't wave. It's so common and natural that you don't even think about it, you just do it. We always tease my husband about the time he waved at a beagle :giggle:

Just curious...Has anyone else wondered about BJM saying she went to FR's and called for FR and/or three year old to open the locked door. How was she aware that the three year old was even there? He arrived very late the night before and was a night he is not usually there cause of an unexpected daycare issue. First time on here so not sure I am doing this correctly.

Just curious...Has anyone else wondered about BJM saying she went to FR's and called for FR and/or three year old to open the locked door. How was she aware that the three year old was even there? He arrived very late the night before and was a night he is not usually there cause of an expected daycare issue. First time on here so not sure I am doing this correctly.

Maybe when she was calling for FR the boy heard her and started making noise, trailer walls are thin, or maybe she's already knew he was there, maybe she talked to someone the night befor on the phone, there are just so many scenarios I really don't find it odd

Thanks. Meant to say unexpected daycare issue. Arrived very late. He might have made a noise. Glad he was not hurt.

Just curious...Has anyone else wondered about BJM saying she went to FR's and called for FR and/or three year old to open the locked door. How was she aware that the three year old was even there? He arrived very late the night before and was a night he is not usually there cause of an expected daycare issue. First time on here so not sure I am doing this correctly.

I really haven't thought that was that big of a deal, with what BJM had just discovered I've thought she was just operating on autopilot and her brain wouldn't even be thinking about what day of the week it was to remember who should or shouldn't be there.

Thanks so much for the pics, I tried to get on street view but it doesn't go. It gives a whole different view then looking from above. Thanks again.
I have never been able to access them. It asked for a passcode last night and says they've been moved or deleted when I tried just now. I don't use photobucket. Is there something special you do?

I have never been able to access them. It asked for a passcode last night and says they've been moved or deleted when I tried just now. I don't use photobucket. Is there something special you do?

Me neither. First link didn't work at all and the second one wants a password. I appreciate the member here doing this for us but why is a password necessary?

Figures, I try to do something to satisfy my own curiosity, gain some perspective and share with everyone here and someone has to go and ruin it. I'm sorry everyone! I didn't mean to start any trouble by sharing the pictures. I thought they would be helpful, not stir up drama.

What's up with the pics? I thought they were very helpful and appreciate all the trouble that you went to in getting them for us. It had to be scary going down in there. Many thanks from me at least for your bravery.

I didn't really get a sense of just how isolated and "country" the area was until I saw your pics. I wanted to ask you if there were any street lights in the area. I know I saw one security light in one of the news pictures but no real street lights.

It looked like the road was dirt so I am wondering if they got any tire tracks or shoe prints(if they walked in). I realize a lot of that was probably lost when BJM and others drove down the road and walked around in the area. I know they were in shock and probably rushed to the scene and I am not sure i would not have did the same but I am hoping that LE got something.

Also if the road was dirt then there cannot have been much traffic and if there were other houses close wouldn't one of the neighbors have heard any vehicles going down the road late at night? After seeing that road I am leaning more toward the visitor theory, because just getting in and out in a vehicle at that hour would have drawn attention. Of course we don't know what neighbors have already told LE.

But anyway thanks from me for the pics.

Just curious...Has anyone else wondered about BJM saying she went to FR's and called for FR and/or three year old to open the locked door. How was she aware that the three year old was even there? He arrived very late the night before and was a night he is not usually there cause of an unexpected daycare issue. First time on here so not sure I am doing this correctly.

Just a guess but I believe she probably seen him, as soon as you step up to porch you can see through the window & it was stated that he was sleeping on the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund