OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that road in the pics it makes it even more unlikely there was any "joyriding" in that area. Who would joyride down an isolated area that way? No one would have any business on that road unless you lived there or were visiting there (other than our very own sleuth ADT1984 hahaha). I can see why the Rhodens confronted them when they were driving down the road. Of course the Rhodens would have thought they were down there to rob the place, especially in view of the grow ops. Could that be the trouble we are all speculating about and what lead up to the murders?

The only real thing that happened prior to the murders (that we know of) was the confrontation on UHR. Somehow I believe that was the trigger that set everything off.

UHR?
I am stuck on the fact that it has to be a family member, soooo much rage...soooo much anger.....seems like a lot of emotion would have to play apart in this. To be able to shoot someone 9 times?! And KR we know got the 1 shot which means they shot a 16 yr old boy in the head & where ever else at least 2,3-5 times.....that is some vicious stuff. Very personal!! They must feel they need to be destroyed.
Also I believe KR was either the last one they went to cause they were in a hurry to get out of there or maybe this "crew" just sent 1 person over to take care of KR and he just wasn't as visious or emotionally driven....

Theory #792:
The AG kind of scoffed at the money around KR in the radio interview that I heard. That lead me to believe that it was not anywhere near $1,000, and DS was throwing his family off in another direction b/c he'd helped himself to some the first time he found KR, b/f he went to get LR and then "found" KR for the "first" time, and dialed 911. Why?

So, if someone were desperate for money, could they kill their family over it? Yes. Even for what I'd call a small amount? Yes. What is small to me is large to others. Could they kill one of them, by freaking out, b/c they were caught thieving from their family? Yes. Say, at the work trailer, GR confronts the thieving family member and that's when all heck breaks loose. Accidentally kills GR, during dispute. CR1 walks in, has to kill him. The family member had left KR's w/GR, and stopped by FR's, and CR2 dropped by, so, b/c the others knew that they were together, then they panic, and kill all except the ones who cannot speak.

I think since DS was with KR's son, told him to wait he'd go in, he looked in saw KR had been shot, saw some bills and backed out. As far as the bills I'm wondering if KR woke up saw someone come in, thought he was being robbed, and was trying to give them money that was close by his bed. It could be when he was shot the money kind of scattered around his legs or on top of him.

If you listen to DS talk that's his tone of talking as in the 911 call, everyone deals with shock and situations differently. I'm not surprised by how he talked in the 911 call, so many things were going through his mind, he'd just found out earlier family members had been murdered, he was going to spend the night with KR the night before, he would've been killed, and he had KR's son with him after just discovering his Dad had been murdered. He had to be in shock, scared and bewildered like this can't be happening.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/cousin-of-...unts-grisly-discovery-at-crime-scene/39424988

Donald Stone said he discovered the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden inside one of the crime scene. After learning of seven murders in the area, Stone said he went to check on his cousin, making a grisly discovery in the victim’s living room.

"I hollered at Kenneth, 'Kenneth, can you hear me?' There no response. I turned around and looked at Luke,” Stone said, referring to another relative who was with him. “I said, ‘Luke, you don't need to see this.’ I walked up to the foot of the bed, I raised my head up and I looked. I saw blood in his eyes, and I knew then he was dead."
Stone said there was one thing he found odd with the crime scene.
“I (saw) money,” Stone said. “I (saw) money laying on the bed. I found that odd."

That is the way it used to be here also, in fact I am guilty of that loop thing myself (we called it dragging town). But after gasoline got too high the kids don't do that anymore. Also I think the ones involved in the joyriding incident were not teens but older kids who had children of their own. In other words, too old to care about adult eyes. It really makes me wonder what they were doing down that road, if not there specifically to see one of the residents. I am speculating here but could they have been there casing the place out for a later robbery?

OK so I am missing something, what is the story on this "joyriders" haven't heard of this till now.

I am thinking that the T word refers to another well-know set of discussion boards--wholly unmoderated, fully anonymous, and with a really horrible rep for rumor-mongering and spreading lies, especially in small towns where many people know one another.

This American Life did a nice feature on one incident related to them back awhile ago.

First post. Hello all. Thanks for the warning re: "T" Having just listened and read The America Life feature that you mentioned I will NEVER go to that site again! Very alarming. Glad we have moderators here.

UHR?
I am stuck on the fact that it has to be a family member, soooo much rage...soooo much anger.....seems like a lot of emotion would have to play apart in this. To be able to shoot someone 9 times?! And KR we know got the 1 shot which means they shot a 16 yr old boy in the head & where ever else at least 2,3-5 times.....that is some vicious stuff. Very personal!! They must feel they need to be destroyed.
Also I believe KR was either the last one they went to cause they were in a hurry to get out of there or maybe this "crew" just sent 1 person over to take care of KR and he just wasn't as visious or emotionally driven....

UHR= Union Hill Road.

I could see where that confrontation would lead to some anger and rage on the part of those confronted. In their FB post (which I will not link per TOS) there was some mention of guns, poles and knives being used to confront them. For a certain type individual this could have lead to an overwhelming urge to get even.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can.

The road is chip seal.
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Regions/Eastern/ChipSeal/

It did not rain much the week the murders took place.

I think it is possible someone could have been hiding in the big building because there isn't any doors on either end.

After seeing how close the trailers were, the only thing that makes sense to me would be that they were ambushed. People entered the trailers (FR's and CR's) simultaneously. JMO.

This case is unlike any other I've ever followed. Definitely mind boggling.
Hi adt1984. I have a question about the road that runs in front of the properties. Is it a through road or does it dead end? If it dead ends how far do you think CRsr's house is from the dead end?

When I first heard of the murders of these 8 people, I automatically thought it was an angry family member or betrayed close friend who had done this. Part of me still leans that way, but just can't find the evidence to back that up. I never bought the mafia or gang or anything of that nature.. I am not sure why I just never did. Possibly because it seemed more personal. But as time wore on, I am wondering if this wasnt done by a rogue cop. Just a thought I have been whirling around in my head. Too many similarities to ignore. . The specific rogue cop that I was thinking of, moved out of town but really is not that far from the crime scene. Do I think he acted alone? Not sure. Its possible. Until more evidence is presented to the public I am at a standstill with my thoughts. I hope the killer or killers are found soon, so the Rhoden and Gilley families can find peace and justice is served.
Yes I know I am replying to my own quote: I still can't understand why one of the family members were kept alive and his house was not visited even though every other family member in that specific area were murdered. He couldnt of acted alone had he been the one. But...he knew the dogs, the area, the illiegal operations and the family personally. Motive? I dont have one yet. I know we cant talk about this family member at all. I am just pondering my own thoughts! No need to respond.

First post. Hello all. Thanks for the warning re: "T" Having just listened and read The America Life feature that you mentioned I will NEVER go to that site again! Very alarming. Glad we have moderators here.

Can you link that site or is it against TOS?

Theory #792:
The AG kind of scoffed at the money around KR in the radio interview that I heard. That lead me to believe that it was not anywhere near $1,000, and DS was throwing his family off in another direction b/c he'd helped himself to some the first time he found KR, b/f he went to get LR and then "found" KR for the "first" time, and dialed 911. Why?

So, if someone were desperate for money, could they kill their family over it? Yes. Even for what I'd call a small amount? Yes. What is small to me is large to others. Could they kill one of them, by freaking out, b/c they were caught thieving from their family? Yes. Say, at the work trailer, GR confronts the thieving family member and that's when all heck breaks loose. Accidentally kills GR, during dispute. CR1 walks in, has to kill him. The family member had left KR's w/GR, and stopped by FR's, and CR2 dropped by, so, b/c the others knew that they were together, then they panic, and kill all except the ones who cannot speak.
I just wish we knew what time little B was dropped off by his mother at FR's. That could tell us a lot as far as if he had the opportunity to be gone from his house at all that night. According to B's mother, she left after visiting around 10:30 p.m. IMO-FR didn't go anywhere after that time.

I don't know if it's against TOS. Being a newbie I don't want to cause trouble. I googled The American Life and found it easily from there. Hope that helps.☺

Because we have so many new members who have joined to discuss this case I should have been more clear so you know the pitfalls to avoid.

The T place refers to Topix. An unmoderated chat forum that is rife with cursing, name-calling and straight gossip. It is not allowed here. No discussion of it, no linking to it. Zip zilch nada.

Bumping for newcomers, hate this handheld tablet doodle thing. 😆

Hi adt1984. I have a question about the road that runs in front of the properties. Is it a through road or does it dead end? If it dead ends how far do you think CRsr's house is from the dead end?

It does not dead end. It comes out onto St RT 772 which can be taken to Big Bear Creek and Left Fork is off of Big Bear.

Yes I know I am replying to my own quote: I still can't understand why one of the family members were kept alive and his house was not visited even though every other family member in that specific area were murdered. He couldnt of acted alone had he been the one. But...he knew the dogs, the area, the illiegal operations and the family personally. Motive? I dont have one yet. I know we cant talk about this family member at all. I am just pondering my own thoughts! No need to respond.

Same here.

I find that as very interesting..... Especially the last sentence. Now I know he isnt investigating this himself but is making a wild guess but he is very good at his job and well known... Wecht: "One person got involved in something way over their head and into dangerous games, with the big boys, made threats and then: 'OK, buddy that's it then. I can't run the risk of killing you and leaving your kinfolk alive.'"He called it personal, but professional.

Not asking for names but can someone tell me has the couple with bm that morning been named. Yes or No I don't wish to call them out or anything just trying to see if I missed something I would assume everyone there that morning is a POI not a suspect. Just can't find that info anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1