OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 6.7 miles from the Union Hill properties to the Left Fork property- all country back road. It is not 30 miles as some people continue to say.

The sheriff did not "lie" about dealings with the Rhoden family. I would guess based on how operations work in other small towns that he is not responding to domestic violence calls. I seriously doubt he ever arrested any of the Rhodens.

Interesting that the person Dana was at odds with in the domestic violence case (and where she did five years probation) is also the person that just painted the living room of her new house.

I think the sheriff has a firm grip on this case. The only reason the pot farms were confirmed was due to a reporter tweeting about it. If the sheriff needed the publics assistance, he would ask for it. I.e. "We are looking for such and such car etc," but he isn't He is running a very tight ship. They don't want anyone to know they are on to them

Drug cartel? I dont see it. Not even a little bit

Thanks, saw this earlier. Most startling, as someone else mentioned, is that the Los Zetas, an extremely violent, highly efficient cartel, are located 60 miles away in Columbus, OH (also, ironically, the state capitol). Some of their leaders are former military.

Los Zetas

I don't envy any small town/county LE who is having to deal with these groups, especially if they don't have the financial resources to do a good job. Hopefully, DEA and FBI are helping out.
My Hubby is from Cincinnati and he was telling me that Dayton and Columbus are HUGE hubs. I guess because of I-70? He said it goes straight across the country. So , there's that! UGH!

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

There was blood all over the house and all over the front room. She said it looked like someone beat them. According to LE all were shot, so there's no doubt these two were also beat.

But no official source has confirmed her first impression. She could have simply mistaken the results of a gunshot wound for a beating. Unless LE confirms that beatings took place, I'd be reluctant to cite it as fact.

BBM

Link? No official source that I know of has stated that any of the victims were beaten up. They have said that all were executed with a gunshot(s) to the head.

I do believe that the gunshot to the head is what caused their death, but Bobbie the cousin who made the 911 call, said there was blood everywhere, and she also said it looked like her b-I-l had the crap beat out of him. If they all were sterilely shot in the head only it would not look like she described. The police is giving the correct information about the cause of death. They were all executed with a gunshot to the head, but that doesn't mean there wasn't an altercation or severe beatings before that occurred. At least not with the two men Bobbie found dead. They did say some were not shot while they were in the bed asleep. I believe these two men were up and were confronted face to face with the murderer/s,

Imo, the police doesn't have to say it. Bobbie was there and saw with her own eyes the condition of the men she found dead.

They may have been the first ones they killed and may have been trying to obtain other information about the exact whereabouts of the others that were murdered.

I do believe a beating/torture occurred concerning these two men before they died but do not think the other victims went through that, and were shot in the head without any beatings happening.

IMO

I know it failed during the primaries, but my question is was some of this run as planning on that passing and were there actual Cartels there because of the possibility of this happening?

It just seems like another strange coincidence.

I'm not expert, by any means, but it doesn't seem likely. The cartels have been running marijuana operations in Ohio for quite a few years now, from news articles going back several years. More likely, it was an attempt to legalize pot to get rid of the cartels, hijacked by some influential folks who wanted to use their political connections to corner the legal market. That was the unofficial consensus at the time, IIRC.

Ohio LE, the governor and state general assembly have known for a long time that they're dealing with Mexican cartels. It wasn't until they saw Colorado's success in legalization that they finally decided to give it a try.

I hope they do legalize it, if it means they can get rid of these cartels, but they need to do so in a fair and open way.

There was a link posted earlier with him asking about his "20 years". Let me see if I can find it.

One page 1 from the first thread..

No comment on the family's criminal history. Sheriff said he (personally) had never had any criminal contact with this family since he's worked for the county (the last 20 years).

There was a link posted earlier with him asking about his "20 years". Let me see if I can find it.

I'm looking that up now. I'm wondering if he was just voted back in as Sheriff in May 2015.

Yeah I think the drug stuff was the KY family. My issue is the lie. In a town like that, thr sheriff knows everyone stopped that day, especially people arrested. He could have easily said "My office is familiar with the family due to very minor issues" and that would be true and not suspicious to many people.

See I thought I heard him say at presser that his office did not have dealings with the family - but then the CNN reporter said that he said he was familiar with the family but declined to say why. I thought perhaps that he initially said no and then in teh Q & A section when pressed admitted to being familiar with them.

I don't disagree that coming out of the gate with "this is a small community I am familiar to some degree with everyone here, but I had not had dealings with them regarding drugs" or something to that effect would have been better. It almost makes me wonder if the family was being loosely watched or on the STAR team's radar. Not the sheriff per se, but another department or agency within LE. Or even, if someone was acting as a CI to LE or some bad associates from the grow thought someone was acting as a CI.

I admit to being stymied on this case.

It is 6.7 miles from the Union Hill properties to the Left Fork property- all country back road. It is not 30 miles as some people continue to say.

The sheriff did not "lie" about dealings with the Rhoden family. I would guess based on how operations work in other small towns that he is not responding to domestic violence calls. I seriously doubt he ever arrested any of the Rhodens.

Interesting that the person Dana was at odds with in the domestic violence case (and where she did five years probation) is also the person that just painted the living room of her new house.

I think the sheriff has a firm grip on this case. The only reason the pot farms were confirmed was due to a reporter tweeting about it. If the sheriff needed the publics assistance, he would ask for it. I.e. "We are looking for such and such car etc," but he isn't He is running a very tight ship. They don't want anyone to know they are on to them

Drug cartel? I dont see it. Not even a little bit

As someone that works in politics, he did a media spin for some reason. That was a spin and I know a spin. He knew the criminal records soon after this happened.

Why the spin? Seems to be an unnecessary spin which throws up red flags.

I haven't seen anything that's been released about the dogs either, and have wondered the same thing :frown: I have seen FB pic's posted of a black dog with one of the victims :frown:

It's not uncommon when at hunting events to stake out your dog. Some use it instead of kenneling, sled dogs are probably the best known example.

But no official source has confirmed her first impression. She could have simply mistaken the results of a gunshot wound for a beating. Unless LE confirms that beatings took place, I'd be reluctant to cite it as fact.

There was blood all over the front room and Gary being drug to the bathroom would indicate she saw a blood trail to it. However he could've drug himself to the bathroom after being shot and whatever happened it wasn't a clean shot to the head whatever happened. They were both also laying on the floor, so they weren't in bed.

I don't think anyone seeing such gore would ever be mistaken. If and when the suspect/s are caught Bobbie will testify to what she saw and I do believe LE has evidence of trauma on the two men she found. These two men weren't asleep in their beds when murdered.

A gunshot wound does not look like a beating. I have seen crime scene photos countless times over the years of victims who were shot in the head execution style. They in no way looked like they had the crap beaten out of them. They looked exactly like they had been shot in the head.

So I have no reason to doubt her and LE has not said what she said is incorrect. All they have said is they all DIED by being shot in the head which is true. What happened to them before being murdered, I doubt LE will release that to the public.

See I thought I heard him say at presser that his office did not have dealings with the family - but then the CNN reporter said that he said he was familiar with the family but declined to say why. I thought perhaps that he initially said no and then in teh Q & A section when pressed admitted to being familiar with them.

I don't disagree that coming out of the gate with "this is a small community I am familiar to some degree with everyone here, but I had not had dealings with them regarding drugs" or something to that effect would have been better. It almost makes me wonder if the family was being loosely watched or on the STAR team's radar. Not the sheriff per se, but another department or agency within LE. Or even, if someone was acting as a CI to LE or some bad associates from the grow thought someone was acting as a CI.

I admit to being stymied on this case.

Yeah it is weird to me to spin on this. I'm sure the residents know exactly the contact and how familiar LE is with them. He sounded like no one had as much as a traffic ticket.

I can understand some spin, I work in politics and sometimes you have to spin. I don't understand this spin, seems to be a trivial matter to spin.. Unless of course there is something really big being hidden for a reason.

I have just checked all the arrest records for the Rhoden family. This is public record. The sheriff did NOT arrest any of them. Please do not be disrespectful and call him a "liar".

Yikes, I guess I was wrong about the likelihood of small scale production. I just presumed that truly large scale production would mean cultivation in a state forest or something. Then again, I have heard that some producers can pack an awful lot of high quality plants (evidently marijuana plants can vary in quality tremedously) into barns etc. by using sophisticated grow lights, optimal soil, temperature, rotation plans and selected strains of seeds etc.

Given the large scale marijuana production, I think you are right about distinct possibility of drug motivation. If it was the cartel, maybe likely scenarios could involve:

The family cheating the cartel. or

Cartel "A" either hiring the family to produce high quality marijuana or using the family as their preferred source of it. Cartel "B" then attacks the family to cut their rivals off from a source of drugs. The extreme violence also sends a message to anybody else who is thinking about working for Cartel "A".

I was about to post with this same idea of rival cartels wiping out people who side with the rival. Could be. There are numerous articles that mention competing cartels in Ohio, especially around Columbus. There are areas in Cincinnati and Dayton that are just one cartel but Columbus sounded like it was still up for grabs in some respects. At least that was how I read it.

Another possibility would be some hard core Appalachian gangs that might be developing around this drug corridor. At any rate I don't think it was a family killing. I think it was simultaneous and fast. And sadly, I'll be surprised if they are caught. This seems like a big escalation for the country if it is cartels. We need to pay close attention.

THC is the active ingredient in marijuana. It has been used orally for decades for cessation of nausea/vomiting and appetite stimulation in cancer patients during treatment cycles. I have given it many times as an RN and to my son also, during his recent chemo. I always wonder why people complain about not getting medical marijuana. Now babies need it topically or in a liquid but most people from a certain age up just swallow pills.

Is the tablet form called "dronabinal"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members