OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just way too much of a coincidence to be ignored, IMHO. Article dated February 1, 2016.

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html
I thought it was odd that if you have a large scale operation, why take the risk of getting weed from California through the USPS? I know we have killer weed out here but I wouldn't think you would need top shelf to make shatter.

Could have been an issue of supply volume from a failed crop, immature crops, or an uptick on the demand side.

Frankly, I think it's nuts to ship contraband via USPS under any circumstances, but that's just me.

I am reminded, though, that USPS, UPS, and FedEx have been used by drug trafficking operations (DTOs) to ship product under the guise of auto/motorcycle parts.

The following from the Pike County Sheriff's Office regarding the shatter lab suggests that finished product also may have been shipped via the mail. (BBM)

“We are working with federal employees and federal investigators on the case due to the drugs being shipped in the mail and possibly flights to other states. This case will stem beyond Pike County and beyond our state,” Reader said. “We’re not only looking into post office records of particular people in this county who were receiving packages, but also where they have mailed packages from our county to other states. We are also checking flight records to see if any persons in our county may be of interest who are flying out of Columbus and other adjacent airports. We are checking records in other states where they may be flying to, mailing packages to, or accepting mail from. It is the beginning of the investigation, so we still have people to interview who we have yet to make contact with.”
http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483

700WLW Cincinnati on Twitter

Dewine with Willie: Caged roosters found at one location of Rhoden family murders in #PikeCounty Possible evidence of *advertiser censored*-fighting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there anything this family WASN'T into?! Geesh!!

BBM

Link? No official source that I know of has stated that any of the victims were beaten up. They have said that all were executed with a gunshot(s) to the head.

I think that walking in on your dead family member's body, the shock, horror of seeing that wounding your first thought is they are beaten. On TV, they always seem to show one peaceful body with a neat bullet hole. Real life is often very different. It may have appeared to be a fatal beating but turned out to be the real damage of an up close bullet wound. The relative said beating to the 911 operator, but she did not yet know the actual cause of death. Awful.

That still bugs me. Everyone knows he knew of them due to legal issues. It would seem less suspicious to me if he said he knew of them also due to minor legal issues, as all this is public record.

I've seen talk about issues with law enforcement involved in some of this and turning their heads and making money. The sheriff lying about this just throws up red flags for me. It isn't like it isn't easy to spin he knew them through minor issues.

I think it's unfair to throw that kind of suspicion on this sheriff unless you have verifiable information. The sheriff was very careful in how he worded his answers. He was talking about *himself* in terms of his past dealings with this family. That's different than knowing about a family. He also said, more than once, that there would be many things he would not be able to answer. Their priority is to work the case and catch the bad guy(s) and collect the evidence that will lead to a successful prosecution, not spill the beans for a curious public who are parsing every word. The people in danger are the people associated with this pot growing enterprise and their family members. The general public is not targeted for killing.

That still bugs me. Everyone knows he knew of them due to legal issues. It would seem less suspicious to me if he said he knew of them also due to minor legal issues, as all this is public record.

I've seen talk about issues with law enforcement involved in some of this and turning their heads and making money. The sheriff lying about this just throws up red flags for me. It isn't like it isn't easy to spin he knew them through minor issues.

Just speaking as a member here, not a mod. The person with the drug offenses was the cousin from KY correct? The person with the "minor" [reporter's word not mine] criminal offenses referenced by the reporter in the cnn video linked two pages back was Dana in Pike county and those offenses were not for drugs. They were for things like DV, disorderly conduct, traffic violations.

So the cousins from KY have drug offenses but I didn't hear the reporter list any of the Pike County residents for those. So I am not ready to believe that the sheriff didn't have any contact with the family. His office appears to have - with Dana. But for drug stuff - not so much IMO.

In the CNN report the reporter states that the sheriff DID have familiarity with the family but declined to specify how. That is what caused the reporter to look for criminal histories.

So it is JUST my opinion that I see no evidence of wrongdoing or failure to do duty by the sheriff.

But I think federal assistance with this case would be a good thing. Simply because someone linked info in teh last thread that the county has budget issues and this is a big complex case that will take a long time to solve and then prosecute. Federal resources would be a good thing in this case.

Again, just me speaking as a member, and if I may have missed some link somewhere showing the Pike county family members who killed had some drug history I might feel differently.

I've seen a lot of *advertiser censored* fighting in the country in the south.

My MIL lives up in the Appalachian mountains, and we still get moonshine from them. ;) I would agree that it is a different culture there. I can only say what I have seen here in Texas.

I think that walking in on your dead family member's body, the shock, horror of seeing that wounding your first thought is they are beaten. On TV, they always seem to show one peaceful body with a neat bullet hole. Real life is often very different. It may have appeared to be a fatal beating but turned out to be the real damage of an up close bullet wound. The relative said beating to the 911 operator, but she did not yet know the actual cause of death. Awful.

If they used shotguns it might have appeared to be a beating.

That article was from a failed ballot initiative last year. The state of Ohio decided to try legalizing pot by allowing a small group of wealthy investors to grow pot legally at a few locations around the state. The campaign was financed by a bunch of these millionaires (who were also big political donors).

The initiative was defeated primarily because of how it would set up legalized cartels run by wealthy people. A few big investors wanted to start their own cartels and throw the illegal ones out.

I know it failed during the primaries, but my question is was some of this run as planning on that passing and were there actual Cartels there because of the possibility of this happening?

It just seems like another strange coincidence.

I have read about several drug cases where the suspects had been using the USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS to send drugs to other states. If it was already packaged up and sealed really well so the smell of pot couldn't be detected there would be no way for the carriers to know what was in the packages. Now every now and then the USPS will spot check packages by x-raying them and they have found illegal drugs that way.
And Greyhound. The Salinas case recently in Houston where Father and daughter were killed.

To me it just doesnt feel cartel, too clean, they also like to let it be known it was them that did it, im not saying they would put out a front a page add to declare that but it would certainly be known among other local growers who work for them, how else do you set an example?.

Also theres other ways outside of cartels to get the cash to start grows, local mob?, it may be a wealthy local that financed it, someone everyone knows they can go to, someone who on the outside looks clean but has their fingers in all the pies. maybe he thought he wasnt getting a fair cut, could be that the family were getting a bit to cocky and thinking nothing would happen to them?.

I think a cartel would have no reason to leave little children alive. How would they even know there was a four day old infant in the house? I think this person (persons) knew these people more than a little.

Is there anything this family WASN'T into?! Geesh!!

And the weird thing, I've noticed according to their jobs on FB, many, including extended family, is in the medical field. That is concerning for me.

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

There was blood all over the house and all over the front room. She said it looked like someone beat them. According to LE all were shot, so there's no doubt these two were also beat.

Looking at the amount of pot the Sheriff was showing in the drug bust back in Feb, why would anyone having 3 pot farms growing their own have pot sent to them from Calif? At the location of the Feb drug bust they were making the oil prob to sell the pot and oil. JMO

I think it's unfair to throw that kind of suspicion on this sheriff unless you have verifiable information. The sheriff was very careful in how he worded his answers. He was talking about *himself* in terms of his past dealings with this family. That's different than knowing about a family. He also said, more than once, that there would be many things he would not be able to answer. Their priority is to work the case and catch the bad guy(s) and collect the evidence that will lead to a successful prosecution, not spill the beans for a curious public who are parsing every word. The people in danger are the people associated with this pot growing enterprise and their family members. The general public is not targeted for killing.

There is no suspicion I'm throwing up. I am saying he lied and we know he did.

SNIP>3. Why were the children spared by the killers? Where are the children now?In all, three children — the 4-day-old, a 6-month-old and a 3-year-old — were found unharmed at the scenes, officials said.It is unclear at this time why the children were spared. What does that indicate about the killer(s)? Reportedly state authorities are caring for the childr - See more at: http://m.whio.com/news/news/7-mysteries-from-the-pike-county-murders/nrBb6/#sthash.nfPQXiJQ.dpuf
http://m.whio.com/news/news/7-mysteries-from-the-pike-county-murders/nrBb6/

THIS^^^^^ I have had a nagging thought that possibly a woman was involved in someway. OR the killer (s) had young children as well. JMO

Just speaking as a member here, not a mod. The person with the drug offenses was the cousin from KY correct? The person with the "minor" [reporter's word not mine] criminal offenses referenced by the reporter in the cnn video linked two pages back was Dana in Pike county and those offenses were not for drugs. They were for things like DV, disorderly conduct, traffic violations.

So the cousins from KY have drug offenses but I didn't hear the reporter list any of the Pike County residents for those. So I am not ready to believe that the sheriff didn't have any contact with the family. His office appears to have - with Dana. But for drug stuff - not so much IMO.

In the CNN report the reporter states that the sheriff DID have familiarity with the family but declined to specify how. That is what caused the reporter to look for criminal histories.

So it is JUST my opinion that I see no evidence of wrongdoing or failure to do duty by the sheriff.

But I think federal assistance with this case would be a good thing. Simply because someone linked info in teh last thread that the county has budget issues and this is a big complex case that will take a long time to solve and then prosecute. Federal resources would be a good thing in this case.

Again, just me speaking as a member, and if I may have missed some link somewhere showing the Pike county family members who killed had some drug history I might feel differently.

Yeah I think the drug stuff was the KY family. My issue is the lie. In a town like that, the sheriff knows everyone stopped that day, especially people arrested. He could have easily said "My office is familiar with the family due to very minor issues" and that would be true and not suspicious to many people.

I clicked on this story for the graphs that illustrate the dominance and local in the U.S.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...El-Chapo-s-sprawling-empire-dominates-US.html

Thanks, saw this earlier. Most startling, as someone else mentioned, is that the Los Zetas, an extremely violent, highly efficient cartel, are located 60 miles away in Columbus, OH (also, ironically, the state capitol). Some of their leaders are former military.

Los Zetas

Unlike other traditional criminal organizations in Mexico, drug trafficking makes up only around 50% of the revenue of Los Zetas, while a large portion of their income comes from other activities directed against rival drug cartels and civilians.[5] Their brutal tactics, which include beheadings to terrorize their rivals and intimidate them, torture, and indiscriminate slaughter, show that they often prefer brutality over bribery.[5]

I don't envy any small town/county LE who is having to deal with these groups, especially if they don't have the financial resources to do a good job. Hopefully, DEA and FBI are helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2