OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Oregon, there have been many, many, many grow sites found by the government, forestry dept and etc, in the forest and on federal land such as parks and mountain areas. Quite an elaborate set up that many cartel members would set up and grow, claim the territory and god forbid a stranger out for a stroll or hike happened by "their" site.
Since they have made marijuana legal here this isn't happening so much as people breaking in and stealing legal grow operations.

What are the chances that TWO major growing operations of this size and capacity operated in the 2,000 population, 2.5 square mile of Piketon, Ohio?

Good point. And really, why even take the risk with USPS anyway? That is WAY beyond careless. It's almost asking to get busted!

Agreed! That incident sure wasn't "sophisticated." Not a well thought out plan to send that amount of weed through the post office, if for no other reason than the smell.

Agreed! That incident sure wasn't "sophisticated." Not a well thought out plan to send that amount of weed through the post office, if for no other reason than the smell.

Unless there was someone who worked at that USPS spot who was in on it, and it just happened to get intercepted by the wrong employee.

A thought I had last night-
I wonder why the autopsies will not be made available any time soon? I don't have the exact quote, but at the presser last night it was revealed that the autopsies were complete (I believe) but that the results would not be released to the public. Could releasing the way in which the families were killed, or the injuries they sustained, compromise the investigation?

They usually don't release the autopsy results until the toxicology tests come back to the MEs office and that usually takes around 8 weeks.

I have read about several drug cases where the suspects had been using the USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS to send drugs to other states. If it was already packaged up and sealed really well so the smell of pot couldn't be detected there would be no way for the carriers to know what was in the packages. Now every now and then the USPS will spot check packages by x-raying them and they have found illegal drugs that way.

700WLW Cincinnati on Twitter

Dewine with Willie: Caged roosters found at one location of Rhoden family murders in #PikeCounty Possible evidence of *advertiser censored*-fighting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO: Someone in this family owed someone some serious money. Whether it has to do with the marijuana operations or not. Either that, or someone is a "rat."
The wrong person was crossed obviously. Obviously, this is my own honest opinion, but I am thinking that Gary or Chris Sr. were main targets (solely for the fact that they were severely beaten prior to being shot).
Someone mentioned biker gangs in the area?

BBM

Link? No official source that I know of has stated that any of the victims were beaten up. They have said that all were executed with a gunshot(s) to the head.

If its found that this family was the growers busted previously and that they worked for the cartel then, then yes i could see the cartel being involved in the murders, but why 8 of them?, including one 30mls away and not the children or any other members of the Rhoden family?, seems very specific?.

If its found that this family was the growers busted previously and that they worked for the cartel then, then yes i could see the cartel being involved in the murders, but why 8 of them?, including one 30mls away and not the children or any other members of the Rhoden family?, seems very specific?.

Maybe those 8 were the ones involved in the grow op, and therefore the ones working as informants for the police.

I don't think it's odd they had jobs at all. The last thing you want when running a drug operation is to have no trail of how you are making money. When you start owning properties and cars with no countable income, it's suspicious. That's how many stay off the radar. We actually recently had a drug bust locally of a guy that went and put straight cash down on a very expensive vehicle with no proof of job.. Coincidently enough his house was raided a few months later.

White pepper works, the dogs cant inhale through the nose when they come across the white pepper.

I believe the drug busts in February are related to this JMO. Someone owed something, someone snitched. There may be other drugs than just marijuana. They haven't released much, so I know there is plenty we don't know.

BBM

Link? No official source that I know of has stated that any of the victims were beaten up. They have said that all were executed with a gunshot(s) to the head.

I believe this is going on the 911 call.

Dewine with Willie: Caged roosters found at one location of Rhoden family murders in #PikeCounty Possible evidence of *advertiser censored*-fighting

Another way to launder money. In the book I read about a smuggler and dealing with cartels, he used race horses to launder. Locals can opine, but *advertiser censored* fighting is more of a Mexican thing, usually, at least what I have seen here in Texas. Dog fighting, not so much. That usually spans cultures and socioeconomic strati.

Breaking Bad keeps coming to mind, as far as having a "real job" (Walt's car wash) to draw less scrutiny.

There is still the issue of the people outside of OH financing these grow ops. These were specific areas according to the article, but were some done on the sly by other people. Evidently some grow ops were allowed, but where all were they allowed?

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/07/15/nick-lachey-ohio-marijuana/38001/

That article was from a failed ballot initiative last year. The state of Ohio decided to try legalizing pot by allowing a small group of wealthy investors to grow pot legally at a few locations around the state. The campaign was financed by a bunch of these millionaires (who were also big political donors).

The initiative was defeated primarily because of how it would set up legalized cartels run by wealthy people. A few big investors wanted to start their own cartels and throw the illegal ones out.

Something I find odd and maybe this is just me, but some of these people, held down regular jobs and all of them less than glamorous IMO. I don't understand why they would have jobs like the ones they had, if they had money coming in from another
source: I.e. Drug sales.

Keeps the IRS off your back. You need some W-2 income and having it come from an outside employer is ideal for your yearly tax filing.

UGH Now I'm really disgusted and sickened...I really hoped that the animals were not used for nefarious purposes. Blech...JMO

Another way to launder money. In the book I read about a smuggler and dealing with cartels, he used race horses to launder. Locals can opine, but *advertiser censored* fighting is more of a Mexican thing, usually, at least what I have seen here in Texas. Dog fighting, not so much. That usually spans cultures and socioeconomic strati.

I've seen a lot of *advertiser censored* fighting in the country in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592