OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

He seems very concerned about his son's truck and getting it back. I think his reference to his comments go on up the nursing home if you really want to know what is going on are in relation to his daughter Dana, who I believe was employed there and was very well liked.

He mostly seems irritated about the truck situation. According to him a truck was removed from the property of Dana that she was storing for his son. Reason for removal - no tags.

Seems frustrated about being hauled in for questioning more than once.

2. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

This angers and disgusts me. In my opinion animal abuse is as horrible as abuse to humans.

3. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

First thing that comes to my mind, infants can't talk. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

4. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Agree. IMO whoever did this was on a mission.

5. cady

cady Well-Known Member

They MIGHT have, though......so it would take longer for the murders to be discovered. JMO

6. birpu

birpu New Member

Yes. Either that or multiple nearly simultaneous shooters. Or the victims were drugged somehow. I wonder if they threw the dogs some raw meat with sedative in it in advance of the attack?

7. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

However, the cartel grow ops are not like this one. We've had two of them within 50 miles of my house -- one was only about 7 miles as the crow flies. They don't go in and pay the locals to grow. They bring in 1/2 dozen or so illegals, plant them back in the woods (the one nearest me was on old power company land) with tents and food. The gardeners stay back in the woods with an overseer who drops food and supplies to them until the plants are harvested.

They harvest, they leave. Very little if any interaction with the locals who for the most part don't even know they are there.

8. Lalalacasbah

Lalalacasbah Well-Known Member

And who locks a front door after a murder spree? Someone familiar...

ETA - I didn't realize K.L.Puyallup posted a similar thought upthread. So true about the door locked though.

9. Adt1984

Adt1984 Well-Known Member

Yea multiple shooters is the only other scenario that makes sense. I do believe more than one is responsible for this. The dogs not barking makes me believe they were familiar with whoever is responsible unless like you said, they distracted them with something.
    Every time I start to think one way, something pulls me in the opposite direction.

10. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the lights were on in the houses or were they turned off when the crime scenes were discovered?

11. Babyfacemagee

Babyfacemagee Member

But the family member also said there was 'blood all over the house'. That doesn't sound like someone just being shot while in bed. There very well could have been a fight or a struggle or perhaps an outright beating and even torture going on. How does blood get 'all over the house' if someone is executed while in bed?

12. Bgirl

Bgirl New Member

Hi new poster here. The dad said something at the beginning of video about daughter in law? He said ask ?? daughter in law?

13. wunderngwhy

wunderngwhy Member

14. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Good point about the silencers. I was wondering how the perp managed to shoot people in their sleep. I think you may be onto something here.

Of course if someone snuck in and quickly went room to room then I suppose its possible you would not be able to get out of bed by the time you woke up and realized what was happening the perp may be in the room.

A silencer is illegal but there are ways to obtain them or make your own. They really are not as sophisticated as most people think. If you have access to the right type of parts then you can rig up a pretty decent silencer and I am sure there are books that can be bought explaining how to build them.

I saw one once and all it was was a hollow tube of metal with wire brushes surrounding the inside diameter of the tube. The wire bristles were compacted and you could not even see the hole the bullet came out of. The wire brushes suppressed the sound waves as the bullet exited the tube. It screwed over the end the gun and was about 8 inches long.

Looked pretty easy to build one with the right materials and a welder.

Oh and all silencers really are not totally silent. They do an amazing job of reducing the noise of a gun blast but there is always some level of sound coming out. The better the silencer the less noise that will come out of the gun. But will always be some level of noise.

15. Lalalacasbah

Lalalacasbah Well-Known Member

The killer could be intelligent as well. If someone fairly intelligent planned this whole thing, they would've planned every little detail and covered their tracks.

There's a unsolved case in Canada about a murdered real estate agent murdered while showing a home (Lindsay Buziak). Theory is domestic/family involvement (of her BF), drugs, money laundering, respectful people connected to dirty money, etc. It was like a hit and planned to the T. The details were so planned and weird like a dress one of the perps was wearing, it definitely seems planned by a woman.

I often wonder if the mastermind behind these shootings is a woman.

16. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

Quote Originally Posted by lonesomepaws View Post
    Attachment 92551
    3122 Union Hill Road. I believe this was Dana's "new" house. Believe it or not- it appears to be in a different county!

That is not Dana's house. Dana's is the one with the red barn directly beside it that was the very first pictures that were taken from the news chopper of the scene released on Friday. It is a mile or so away from the 4077 & 4091 location going back toward Route 32. The pictures I uploaded back around page 13 are correct.

17. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

18. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

To buy one legally is easy if you can legally buy a weapon. It's more difficult to buy than a gun. You can make them also. It's just hard for me to see many people in Piketon, OH having silencers, legal or blackmarket.

I've really been leaning towards maybe at least one person in each house at the same time. Moving to each house, with the dogs especially, is likely to draw a lot of attention.

19. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

That is Dana's father and yes, Bobbi Jo is her sister.

20. K.L.Puyallup

K.L.Puyallup New Member

I don't think that a cartel ran this operation, though they may have helped to fund it.
    I do believe that they worked WITH the cartel. Perhaps the family housed, farmed, and processed the crop, and the cartels worked in distribution/sales. There was an article I provided about how the Southern Ohio drug trade is essentially run by cartels. There were two operations, specifically, that were run by the cartels in Southern Waverly, right next to Piketon.

I really just can't get on board with the theory that the cannabis operation wasn't related to these murders. What are the chances that a family who runs a commercially sized, large-scale illegal cannabis production facility was murdered execution-style in a sophisticated operation for a completely unrelated reason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.