OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the case. He's steering clear of any public connection tying this family to any sort of crime, lest anyone start to connect the dots.
I think the weird lying and hesitation is being done to prevent the federal investigation from being compromised.

Are you sure there is a federal investigation? Has that been stated for sure somewhere? I don't remember it. I hope there is.

He and his fiancé were like the cutest things ever and it's obvious from his FB photos that they really loved each other a lot... it makes me super sad.

I agree. I was reading their comments to each other and thought it was adorable. At least they were happy.

Did anyone point out the similarities between that incident and this one...ad the fact that the murdered daughter was friends with one of the slain Rhodens...

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...Unsolved-Homicides-Jennifer-Burgette-and-Curt
OW, try this one. I'll go back and fix the other post if I can still edit. Thanks.

Shooting two people sleeping in their bed for Percoset makes no sense to me. The killer breaks into the house. The occupants don't wake up. If the perp just wanted Percoset, why wouldn't he just grab the pills from the nightstand, bathroom, or kitchen (the most common places people keep an active prescription), and leave.

He may be lying out of sheer fear. This is clearly a very dangerous situation. Or do you think he means, technically, HE never actually cuffed someone from that family and he is playing on technicalities to protect himself?

He could be protecting the rest of the family, so the killers don't go after them. I mean it's a large family, and 8 of them were just executed, plus all the close friends could be in danger if they know what's been going on, and can ID anyone. They're all possibly in danger, they can't all just pack up there's too many of them that's been there for years. I think there's a big operation and he doesn't want to jeopardize it by saying anymore than he has to, also. The pot was coming in from California and through the mail, this isn't just a local operation.

Did anyone point out the similarities between that incident and this one...ad the fact that the murdered daughter was friends with one of the slain Rhodens...

Yes and connected friends, these are two different counties, also. Usually people are more connected to one county than two.

3122UnionHill.jpg
3122 Union Hill Road. I believe this was Dana's "new" house. Believe it or not- it appears to be in a different county!

4091UnionHill.jpg
4091 Union Hill. This was Clarence Rhoden's property that was passed on to Chris Rhoden Sr.

We seem to think alike. I posted the same links many pages back because I was searching for drug cartels in that area. If this THC lab http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483 was actually the Rhoden family compound then I'm with you that they became informants or they were getting put away for a long time.

The shatter lab article specifically talks about trying to find out where the shipments came from and what connections there were outside the area. Well - those are distribution channels and they lead to the big guys/cartels. Very dangerous. Maybe the killings were to shut them up before they gave any information.

Btw I don't understand why Sheriff Reader doesn't know what THC is for. My state is pot-friendly, so to speak, so now I'm familiar with this stuff. THC is used in edibles. I don't think they smoke it, as he said. We've had quite a few bozos blow the sides of their houses out trying to make it.

THC is the active ingredient in marijuana. It has been used orally for decades for cessation of nausea/vomiting and appetite stimulation in cancer patients during treatment cycles. I have given it many times as an RN and to my son also, during his recent chemo. I always wonder why people complain about not getting medical marijuana. Now babies need it topically or in a liquid but most people from a certain age up just swallow pills.

When I first heard about this tragedy, it was right after the 8th victim had been found at the last location and before the first presser. I immediately assumed a family member had gone on a crazed killing spree and then killed himself at another location. When they announced that all 8 victims were killed, I figured LE would find out about some dispute during their interviews with the family and that they'd have someone(s) in custody by the end of the next day. When that didn't happen, I just didn't know what to think. And I still don't, really.

Regardless who is responsible for this tragedy, I'm beginning to fear they may never be caught. If it was a family member, how will any DNA or fingerprint evidence be useful to them if they've spent any time in these properties? If this was related to the THC/marijuana bust from last month and this family was being investigated or were informants of some kind, wouldn't LE have known right away that these murders were related? And if they've given LE info about the dealers in charge, wouldn't they already know who is responsible?

AFAIK, there were no witnesses. If they went to great lengths to hinder the investigation, they probably won't find any fingerprints or DNA evidence. They likely parked a solid distance away, so no tire tracks. The fact that they don't have anyone in custody, and (what appears to be) only scant physical evidence, really worries me.

Victims and crime scenes:
#1. Trailer between large silver metal building and garage. Address is 4077 Union Hill. Piketon, Ohio. If you google- you'll need to use 4050 Union Hill to get location as Google maps shows it incorrect. Two males. Christopher Rhoden Sr. 40. Gary Rhoden, 38. Cousin. Original 911 call generated from this location.

#2. Trailer to the right of metal garage at same location- "walking distance". Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20. Fiancee Hannah Gilley, 20. His 3 year old son from a prior relationship, unharmed. Their 6 month old son, unharmed.

#3. 4199 Union Hill Road, Piketon Ohio. Dana Rhoden, 37. Hanna Rhoden, 19. Chris Rhoden Jr. 16. 4 day old baby unharmed. Her 3 year old daughter was not there.

#4. 799 Left Fork Road Lucasville, Ohio. Kenneth Rhoden, 44. Brother to Chris Sr.

The 16 year old was NOT alone at 799 Left Fork. No one ran from any of the crime scenes. No one was out in any of the roads.
Is it possible the family knew they were in danger? Perhaps Gary was up from KY staying with Chris Sr as a precaution?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Birpu:
“We are working with federal employees and federal investigators on the case due to the drugs being shipped in the mail and possibly flights to other states."
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

I know - but that is re the prior hash oil case. That is assuming these are one and the same, but they might not be. If they were, wouldn't the FBI have been present after the murders since they were assisting in it previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon