OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very possible given today's technology. But why have they been unable to arrest him after a full year of investigating? Why didn't they find any trace evidence of the murders in his truck?

ETA: The text must not have been incriminating.

That's very possible given today's technology. But why have they been unable to arrest him after a full year of investigating? Why didn't they find any trace evidence of the murders in his truck?

ETA: The text must not have been incriminating.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this case since day 1 as it's close to where I grew up. Sorry if I break any rules...I'm certainly not claiming to have the answers.

my thoughts on this is that this is much bigger than just the murders. Speculation only, but could be anything from organized crime (MJ found) to paternity of the new baby. JMO but even if LE is certain of a particular persons involvement, they may need to get more evidence to truly tackle the dark secrets in this case. So I really believe it could be so much more than just trying to nail the two individuals on that security footage.

The one thing that really has stood out to me from the beginning is the money found on KR. Coincidence? That really screams of a statement of some sort IMO.

also, I know many are quick to throw JW under the bus and I too think he's not out of the woods with this. But for all we know he or any other person could be cooperating with LE. Or perhaps LE is shaking branches to try and get someone to cooperate. Doesn't mean any one cooperating is innocent or guilty...just that I'm pretty sure there's a much bigger component to all of this than the LE is stating.

Wouldn't they have told JM right away that he failed that poly? I don't think it would take the examiner long to tell LE he failed it. If JM knew two weeks ago he failed it, did he tell JW and is that the reason JW went on that long vacation?

Perhaps during his latest poly/interrogation by LE, JM gave them enough incriminating evidence about JW, hence the three searches done at JW's home, his grandparents and his friend. JW leaves town...

You can't help thinking if some incident has occurred that JW wanted HR to sign over parental rights. That is very drastic.

HR lived on the site of an illegal, large, marijuana farm (criminals and danger). She also couldn't pinpoint the identify of her new baby's father (eww and potential for danger).

The money on KR may be symbolic of Judas's 30 pieces of gold. Like he was a traitor.

Weird isn't it? It's like they fled as soon as the property sold (money arrived). They could have rented a $50 storage shed and safely stored all their things.

I'm guessing they had the trailers already and were planning on just hauling them to wherever they end up moving. Not that they did a great job of packing the semi if they were planning on driving any great distance, but they are/were truck drivers.

I'm surprised though that they didn't just store the trailers at Flying W Farm -- from the photos/videos there is more than enough space to leave them there as long as needed without involving any non-family people/locations.

Per the news article, the warrant for the GPS tracker didn't contain the name of LM, nor did it refer to the Rhoden murders. I find that very suspicious.
When was the date on the warrant April 2016 or April 2017? Thanks, I don't know where to find the warrant or I'd check it myself.

Yes, that's true. Any number of people, some possibly with bad blood history, could have had access to the phone.

A thought just occurred to me as to why that wording. Is it possible JM left that truck at CR1's and his phone was in the truck? That the murderer sent that text to JW from Jm's truck with JM's phone? Could LM be trying to spook JW into making a mistake that would lead to his arrest? Or is LE feeding this to LM knowing he will be angry and go public with it? They have to know JW and company are reading everything in the media they can find about the search on his property.

HR lived on the site of an illegal, large, marijuana farm with *advertiser censored* fighting gambling (criminals and danger). She also couldn't pinpoint the identify of her new baby's father (eww and potential for danger).

Remember, LE said the animals of the Rhodens had not been used for cockfighting. They were in good health, probably being raised for sale. Just a minor point. But, yeah, it can be assumed that JW's family were not pleased with the Rhodens. Grandparents were wealthy, influential people in the area and probably didn't want to share custody of their grandchild/gr grandchild with what they deemed were a lower class of people.

So she would never never never be able to be with her daughter again which is kinda similar to her being DEAD.

Not only that, but if she signed away her parental rights, it would also mean that the rest of her family would also have no legal right to ever see S again either. Kind of like, you know, as if the whole family was dead.

HR lived on the site of an illegal, large, marijuana farm with *advertiser censored* fighting gambling (criminals and danger). She also couldn't pinpoint the identify of her new baby's father (eww and potential for danger).

Yes, I did consider that, but he was her long time boyfriend and had one child with her, and thought he may have been the father of the new baby, so he must have know her family's lifestyle. Why would he be worried about the children at that stage.

I'm guessing they had the trailers already and were planning on just hauling them to wherever they end up moving. Not that they did a great job of packing the semi if they were planning on driving any great distance, but they are/were truck drivers.

I'm surprised though that they didn't just store the trailers at Flying W Farm -- from the photos/videos there is more than enough space to leave them there as long as needed without involving any non-family people/locations.

The grandparents want their farm operation to be seen as polished and pricey. Those overfilled horse trailers with crap hanging out of the top of them look like a large version of the Beverly Hillbillies' truck. They couldn't be seen on the grandparents' farm.

Yes, I did consider that, but he was her long time boyfriend and had one child with her, and thought he may have been the father of the new baby, so he must have know her family's lifestyle. Why would he be worried about the children at that stage.

His parents may have played a huge role in worrying about the safety of their precious grandchild.

HR lived on the site of an illegal, large, marijuana farm (criminals and danger). She also couldn't pinpoint the identify of her new baby's father (eww and potential for danger).
HR had moved down the road with her mother and brother. And we don't know what she knew about the paternity of her baby (we can't read minds.)

I wonder what motive he would have for killing his sister and niece?

$ ? Idk, but, one thing that I've always found strange about JM, not accusing him, just found it strange, is that he said he started to enter his sister's house, but heard the baby crying, and didn't want to find his niece "like that".

Like what? How did he know she was deceased? How did he know CR2 and his mom were deceased? How'd he know the infant was okay? Any one of them could have been clinging to life. He may have been able to render aid to one of them and save a life (For all he knew that morning). His sister found CR1 & GR, and it was reported in one article that she even raised a blanket that was over one of them, but she still calls 911, runs next door w/o reservation, enters FR's trailer, where she finds them dead, grabs a blood-covered baby and wraps it in her sweatshirt, grabs the toddler, and gets the heck out of Dodge. I've looked at every angle of BJM's arrival on the scene, the 911 call, and her interviews, etc... but I gotta say, she did what she had to do, and got those kids out of there. How did JM know that he'd see his niece "like that"? That stuck with me.

She had moved down the road with her mother and brother!
Okay. She lived near the huge marijuana operation, likely worked there at times, and was closely related to the owner and operator. There was still potential for danger for her and her child.

I think it has to be April 2017 because IMO they wouldn't have any reason to put a tracker on JM's truck on April 21, 2016 since they Rhoden's weren't found deceased until April 22.
My mistake, I think the murders were on the night of April 22/23. Either way, there wouldn't need to be a tracker put on JM's truck on April 21 for that reason.

The situation could have changed. I'm not saying that's what happened there but I would not be too worried if my relative was smoking pot regularly. I would be very concerned if they started smoking meth or shooting roxicodone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Okay. She lived near the huge marijuana operation, likely worked there at times, and was closely related to the owner and operator. There was still potential for danger for her and her child.
Have they been convicted of running a huge marijuana operation?

Regarding the photo of the property of 200 Block Peterson Road in Adams county, what's with all the gas containers?? Looks like they found the burn pile at the farm too.

Could you explain please? What is the source?

His parents may have played a huge role in worrying about the safety of their precious grandchild.

Yes, I get that, but really, how about advising your son of the company he is keeping before he fathers a child and what was possibly two children with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa