OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, the perp may be among the dead. Forensics will tell the story.

Though that doesn't account for the gun being missing. sigh...
Pure speculation here but maybe the 911 caller bjm found a gun and realized it was a murder suicide and hid the gun to protect the family.

Someone a while back was commenting on their take from reading HannaR facebook posts, and mentioned that she seemed very sad about her grandfathers death etc. Her living grandfather is Leonard, so I assumed that she was not talking about him. Clarence Rhoden died in 2008,so Hanna would only have been 10 or 11. Odd that she would still be mentioning him in FB posts ? or not? JMO

I saw another relative mention him when it was 5 years that he died. It is possible they all held him in very high regard, though she seemed really fixated, which is very troubling to me.

How do you know she was off work after the murders happened and not before? They haven't released TOD.

I may have worded the sentence poorly in my OP and apologize for any confusion.

I meant that all the chatter online about her getting off at 11 took place fairly soon after the news about the murder came out... I wasn't saying that Dana got off work right after the murders.

So, to be clear, we have TWELVE people who have been murdered in their sleep in or near Piketon (a town of 2000 people) since 2006 -- all unsolved?

Two in 2006 in Piketon:
http://woub.org/2012/12/04/ohio-ag-seeks-leads-piketon-double-murder/

Two in January of this year in Lucasville (13 miles away):
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html
Murdered with a shotgun. Mother was also beaten.
Mother was dealing Oxycontin (http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...icide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related)

And the 8 Rhodens/Gilley this month in Piketon.

W. T. F.

I'm starting to wonder if they are really going to do an update presser.

This is what is really bugging me. Why would they say execution style at the first press conference?!

Arms and legs are also considered extremities. A bullet severing a major artery could be fatal.

I am thinking that the majority were found in bed--having been shot while the slept (1-3 bullets each). I am also thinking that that was the intended/preferred MO. Given what was said about the apparent intentionality of some kind of clean-up afterword--or otherwise attempting to leave little to no evidence--I am thinking that the plan (and I think there was one) was to move in and out quickly and efficiently. I suspect that everything didn't go quite according to plan, leading to some victims awakening and attempting to fight back or flee--resulting in many more shots and the kind of bloody mess described in the 911 call. Clearly still closer to "execution style" than say interrupted break-in, or crime of passion, torture or other scenario.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nth-murders-denies-family-involved-drugs.html

(repost from thread #2)

That last sentence "It's going to be on my conscience..." sounds like an admission of guilt or responsibility.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/on one's conscience
But perhaps he did not mean it that way.

Also, this statement gives me the feeling of a "tit for tat" - a crime and a retaliation for that crime.

I think all parents would feel some guilt in their family going through this and not being able to protect them. Maybe that is what he meant by on his conscience?

Did grandpa Rhoden originally own most of that land? JMO

Did grandpa Rhoden originally own most of that land? JMO

I was thinking in the first thread maybe, someone found some of that land was inherited from him.

Only thing about that.. No kids mentioned. The murder that was mentioned had two kids I believe.

That sounds very similar and looking that up on Google and going to Topix someone that claimed they were a relative indicated a type of drug connection with the one you posted.

Interesting these home invasion murders are happening in southern OH.

Rural southern Ohio seems to have a deep recent history of involvement with drugs. I have been googling around and there is a bit more than speculation to suggest a Mexican cartel connection in the general area. What has been noted in this case certainly looks like small potatoes by comparison to some earlier operations with confirmed Mexican connections.

And we know that there has been a serious rural market for Oxy and other opioids, recently supplanted by heroin (possibly as a result of a state-led shut-down of rural "pill mills" several years ago).

What I don't know is how many layers exist between a Mexican operation and producers locally. I do believe in the likelihood of an ongoing tension between the folks who produce and the folks who distribute. And when there are big-money illegal operations turf is very important. Hard telling exactly what kind of violation this family committed with some piece of an operation--taking too big a cut, not paying for protection, attempting to go it alone, or just losing money via something else (like gambling on *advertiser censored*-fighting or derbies) and not being able to repay, but as Michael Corleone said, this looks to me more like business than personal.

I am thinking that the majority were found in bed--having been shot while the slept (1-3 bullets each). I am also thinking that that was the intended/preferred MO. Given what was said about the apparent intentionality of some kind of clean-up afterword--or otherwise attempting to leave little to no evidence--I am thinking that the plan (and I think there was one) was to move in and out quickly and efficiently. I suspect that everything didn't go quite according to plan, leading to some victims awakening and attempting to fight back or flee--resulting in many more shots and the kind of bloody mess described in the 911 call. Clearly still closer to "execution style" than say interrupted break-in, or crime of passion, torture or other scenario.

This goes back to day one.. I know it has seemed like a clean crime scene and the DA made us think that. Anyone remember exactly what he said? I was even thinking no shell casings were found, but did he say all this or did we just think these things due to them pushing the sophisticated execution?

Rural southern Ohio seems to have a deep recent history of involvement with drugs. I have been googling around and there is a bit more than speculation to suggest a Mexican cartel connection in the general area. What has been noted in this case certainly looks like small potatoes by comparison to some earlier operations with confirmed Mexican connections.

And we know that there has been a serious rural market for Oxy and other opioids, recently supplanted by heroin (possibly as a result of a state-led shut-down of rural "pill mills" several years ago).

What I don't know is how many layers exist between a Mexican operation and producers locally. I do believe in the likelihood of an ongoing tension between the folks who produce and the folks who distribute. And when there are big-money illegal operations turf is very important. Hard telling exactly what kind of violation this family committed with some piece of an operation--taking too big a cut, not paying for protection, attempting to go it alone, or just losing money via something else (like gambling on *advertiser censored*-fighting or derbies) and not being able to repay, but as Michael Corleone said, this looks to me more like business than personal.

I haven't ruled out that it isn't a turf war over selling with someone local that they know well. Every dollar spent with your competitor is a dollar you don't get.

Heck I don't know maybe a serial killer trying to rid the area of drugs since some are connected to drugs.

Probably not but ya never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking in the first thread maybe, someone found some of that land was inherited from him.

Just wondering if this COULD be a family feud............lotsa secrets...........and someone wanted to wipe out all the Rhodens. Maybe I should just relax and watch what happens, lol. JMO

So, to be clear, we have TWELVE people who have been murdered in their sleep in or near Piketon (a town of 2000 people) since 2006 -- all unsolved?

Two in 2006 in Piketon:
http://woub.org/2012/12/04/ohio-ag-seeks-leads-piketon-double-murder/

Two in January of this year in Lucasville (13 miles away):
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html
Murdered with a shotgun. Mother was also beaten.
Mother was dealing Oxycontin (http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...icide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related)

And the 8 Rhodens/Gilley this month in Piketon.

W. T. F.

That's a little misleading...none of these actually occurred in Piketon, despite the Piketon mailing addresses. The Lucasville case isn't actually in Lucasville, it's well outside of town. It's more like 12 people since 2006 with a population (between the 2 counties) of over 100,000. These are also 2 counties with huge drug problems so 3 unsolved homicide cases, albeit with multiple victims, isn't that surprising.

That being said, it is interesting that all apparently involve drugs (or the search for drugs) and the victim is generally targeted in the night while they sleep.

What about the motorcycle gangs in the area? Are they just clubs or are outlaw bike gangs an issue there?

That's a little misleading...none of these actually occurred in Piketon, despite the Piketon mailing addresses. The Lucasville case isn't actually in Lucasville, it's well outside of town. It's more like 12 people since 2006 with a population (between the 2 counties) of over 100,000. These are also 2 counties with huge drug problems so 3 unsolved homicide cases, albeit with multiple victims, isn't that surprising.

That being said, it is interesting that all apparently involve drugs (or the search for drugs) and the victim is generally targeted in the night while they sleep.

Yeah it is the home invasion at night while sleeping that is getting my attention.

NO property destruction, and no apparent theft..... just wanted the whole family dead. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther