UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were selling the amount of weed, that we've been told they were growing, then they'd almost have to be laundering the money. It couldn't go into a bank, they couldn't go to a lot and by a Lincoln Navigator, or Jeep Rubicon, the $30k toward the home probably raised eyebrows, so he had to have some sort of legal way that he could show, that he had that money, or if illegal, some way that he laundered that money. It would seem to me to me anyway. If someone gave him the money, it would have to be accounted for, some way. A gift. Who would give them a gift of$30k, in their family and friend circle? EDIT: Did he skim? That's not cool, at all. Deadly.

The sale of the house reflects that it was sold for more than $30k. Someone, along the way, (the powers that be), would want to know about the source, of that $30k. That 30k may have been what tripped them up, or, it could be that someone wiped out an entire family, and extended family, over one child,but, if drug use was involved by the killer(s), and anger hit a fever pitch, then yeah, it could be possible. Especially if it was meth. Unless you know what to look for, you may never know that someone is using that stuff til they're so far gone, they're mowing their yard, with a headlamp, at night, in their underwear...

This is simply theorizing based on knowing how frickin' picky the banks are about $$, as well as the ever watchful govt., and, knowing more than one meth freak. Meth is a very dangerous drug.

Edit:
The Problem with Dirty Money
I read the article above...My boss purchased a trucking company shortly have the little local business was shut down. Hmmmm

I read the article above...My boss purchased a trucking company shortly have the little local business was shut down. Hmmmm

Some dealers just want cool stuff, females draped on them, and more drugs. Those will be buying what seems like just stupid crap. Loads of jewelry purchased under certain $$ amounts, nice electronics, a beater car but put high end rims and bangin' stereo systems in them, if you get my drift. Then there's the ones who probably are not using their product, who have the businesses like you are talking about.

Shade-tree mechanics, yes. It would take a lot and most of those are barter or cash on the barrel head. We do have those type of places though, that one wonders how on earth they are in business, and others that we are fairly sure. You can't be making money with the same inventory in your shop for 10 years...unless, who knows? These days, folks will kill you. It ain't like the old days. You screw them over, they will take your life. EDIT I know. It may not be drugs that killed the Rs, but it sure as Hell looks like it to me and I live in BFE, atstnd am surround by Meth and Heroin.
haha...BFE. Haven't heard that for a bit....made me bust a laugh and freak out the cats.

Other than a dream has there been any evidence of money laundering or counterfeit money?

No evidence that has been revealed by LE. It's safe to assume, however, that CR1 had money from the sale of his MJ that he would need to either store and spend slowly or launder in some fashion.

JMO, he didn't need to be dealing in hard drugs to be able to afford a $30,000 down payment on DR's home. Even with a moderately sized grow op, he could easily accumulate that much cash on his own, after splitting profits with KR and paying anyone else who was helping out.

Cartels in the region who deal hard drugs (fentanyl, etc.) have been transporting the cash out to the west coast via truck.

Twelve Charged in Cincinnati in Connection to Mexico-Based Sinaloa Drug Cartel

This investigation began when undercover FBI agents in San Diego learned that a known Sinaloa Cartel money-laundering boss, Jose Lopez-Albarran, coordinated and conducted multiple bulk cash pickups from a drug trafficking organization within the Southern District of Ohio.

Lopez-Albarran was one of 40 defendants charged in the Southern District of California. According to court documents there, he and other members of the Cartel allegedly laundered tens of millions of dollars in narcotics proceeds from the United States to Mexico between 2015 and 2018. Through the investigation in California, law enforcement discovered multiple drug-trafficking cells throughout the United States.

It is alleged that the Middletown, Ohio drug-trafficking cell led by Donte Holdbrook would send drug proceeds back to the Sinaloa Cartel in Mexico via Lopez-Albarran.

The superseding indictment details that the Ohio drug trafficking organization primarily conducted fentanyl sales in Middletown and received the narcotics from Mexico via Chavez-Meraz. The drugs would initially enter the United States at locations in California and Arizona, where “drug mules” would then retrieve the drugs for transport to Southern Ohio.

When a sizeable amount of drug proceeds had been collected, the co-conspirators would arrange bulk cash transports back to Mexico. Investigators witnessed at least seven bulk cash pick-ups within the Southern District of Ohio, six on Tivoli Lane in Cincinnati and one at a Comfort Inn and Suites in West Chester. Each transaction involved $25,000 to more than $180,000.

For those living in the Pike/Scioto/Adams, etc. area who are making meth, they must be laundering it somewhere local. How often do we see article mentioning meth busts down there that also include money laundering charges? Not often.

Here's an interesting story about a recent bust for meth in southern Ohio related to a Mexican chemist. It's said some of the info that helped with the bust came from Pike County, but no details are offered. Also some fentanyl trafficking mentioned.

Mexican chemist involved in major area meth bust that officials say continues long-term investigation

Glassman would not provide any details of the origin of the investigation, the apprehension of suspects or the assistance that the DEA received from the Middletown and Monroe police departments, the Pike County and Warren County sheriff’s offices, the Ohio State Highway Patrol and other agencies. He said the meth and the cash were seized in Ohio and the fentanyl was seized in Texas.
BBM

It's part of a violent Mexican gang

Jimenez added that the Ramirez group is linked to a “Mexican transnational criminal organization” and is associated with a high-ranking member of a “violent, international gang.”

Glassman would not pinpoint the cartel, the gang affiliation or how the investigation began.

“It has involved a number of different seizures and court-authorized law enforcement techniques including the execution of search warrants,” Glassman said. “We’re not prepared to allege that this organization is responsible for any deaths.

BBM

Another interesting story about a crooked gold refining business in Jackson & Waverly, OH, with connections to Miami and Peru, that went "bust". The local scammy owner/investor wants to invest in a "medical MJ" related business.

Stockmeister, a Jackson native, is a prominent Republican donor and Ohio State University trustee. He owns construction businesses, real estate and hotels in Jackson, as well as the local newspaper, the Telegram.

The buzz around town is that Stockmeister wants to turn the refinery into a growhouse for medical marijuana, legalized in Ohio two years ago. A business headquartered at the refinery applied for a license last summer but wasn’t selected by state regulators. In the meantime, the refinery has tried smelting cheaper metals like copper and tin.

Jackson has lost good jobs like those at Ohio Precious Metals before. The town is still here.

Read more here: Three dirty Miami gold traders ‘chewed up and spit out’ hundreds of Ohio factory workers

Overall, it just seems odd that, when searching the news for drug busts in southern Ohio, they often include money laundering charges. Not in Pike County.

Last edited:
No evidence that has been revealed by LE. It's safe to assume, however, that CR1 had money from the sale of his MJ that he would need to either store and spend slowly or launder in some fashion.

JMO, he didn't need to be dealing in hard drugs to be able to afford a $30,000 down payment on DR's home. Even with a moderately sized grow op, he could easily accumulate that much cash on his own, after splitting profits with KR and paying anyone else who was helping out.

Cartels in the region who deal hard drugs (fentanyl, etc.) have been transporting the cash out to the west coast via truck.

Twelve Charged in Cincinnati in Connection to Mexico-Based Sinaloa Drug Cartel

For those living in the Pike/Scioto/Adams, etc. area who are making meth, they must be laundering it somewhere local. How often do we see article mentioning meth busts down there that also include money laundering charges? Not often.

BBM
Meth making, as in shake and bake, is not as common now. It's coming in from out of state most times and being made in a "facility". Shake and bakers are probably not going to need to be laundering money. They're just desperate. Meth is coming in, in large part, from Mexico and then go to a distributor, and then on down the line, til it hits Hometown, USA.

The decades-long effort to fight methamphetamine is a tale with two takeaways. One: The number of domestic meth labs has declined precipitously, and along with it the number of children harmed and police officers sickened by exposure to dangerous chemicals. But also, two: There is more meth on the streets today, more people are using it, and more of them are dying.

When the ingredients became difficult to come by in the United States, Mexican drug cartels stepped in. Now fighting meth often means seizing large quantities of ready-made product in highway stops.

Meth, the Forgotten Killer, Is Back. And It’s Everywhere.

BBM
Meth making, as in shake and bake, is not as common now. It's coming in from out of state most times and being made in a "facility". Shake and bakers are probably not going to need to be laundering money. They're just desperate. Meth is coming in, in large part, from Mexico and then go to a distributor, and then on down the line, til it hits Hometown, USA.

Meth, the Forgotten Killer, Is Back. And It’s Everywhere.

Yeah, that's the gist of what I'd been reading the last couple hours. It's coming from Mexico. Hopefully, meth and other drugs are becoming less popular with the public. OTOH, it's not good to see a growing presence of Mexican and other extremely violent trafficking groups in the US. Those groups have a lot more money, a lot more operatives. They're highly organized, well armed and much more lethal.

Yeah, that's the gist of what I'd been reading the last couple hours. It's coming from Mexico. Hopefully, meth and other drugs are becoming less popular with the public. OTOH, it's not good to see a growing presence of Mexican and other extremely violent trafficking groups in the US. Those groups have a lot more money, a lot more operatives. They're highly organized, well armed and much more lethal.

When Meth and Heroin take nosedive, something else will take its' place. It always has, then it will come back around. I've been hearing that High Quality Cocaine is making a comeback. I believe it. Also, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes. If this is drug related, they're gonna want to catch them with enough stuff to make the case to send them away. Also, it's not so much that a cartel is setting up, drivers are going to Cali to make connections there, and driving it back. It's not always the Mexicans setting up shop, they'd stick out like a sore thumb in Appalachia. Some work crops here, still, and they keep to themselves, work hard, and go home afterwards. I honestly don't know what some farmers would do without them, but they can't "blend in".

When Meth and Heroin take nosedive, something else will take its' place. It always has, then it will come back around. I've been hearing that High Quality Cocaine is making a comeback. I believe it. Also, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes. If this is drug related, they're gonna want to catch them with enough stuff to make the case to send them away. Also, it's not so much that a cartel is setting up, drivers are going to Cali to make connections there, and driving it back. It's not always the Mexicans setting up shop, they'd stick out like a sore thumb in Appalachia. Some work crops here, still, and they keep to themselves, work hard, and go home afterwards. I honestly don't know what some farmers would do without them, but they can't "blend in".

Yes, that's what I was reading. The meth is mostly being made in Mexico and trucked, etc. into the US via California and Texas.

What is now the money-maker in the region?

Sadly fentanyl and heroin seem to still be popular. Check this out. An inmate managed to overdose on a mixture of fentanyl & heroin, exposing nearly 30 other people at the state prison in Chillicothe.

Nearly 30 exposed to fentanyl-heroin mixture at Ohio prison

Christopher Mabe, president of the Ohio Civil Service Employees Association, said in 27 years of working in and around prisons he had never seen anything like Wednesday’s event. While violence is on the rise in Ohio’s prisons, issues with narcotics finding their way inside are also on the rise.

“Drugs exist in our prison system,” Mabe said. He said the union has sought to increased staffing inside prisons to better protect corrections officers from exposure to harmful substances and violence.

BBM

I am always here lurking mostly because, I am just sick knowing someone can wipe out a whole branch of a family. How many of you think this will be solved by someone rolling over on someone else?
If nothing happens before November elections, I doubt anything will happen in the near future, if ever. I don't see them getting more info than they already have to convict someone.

I am always here lurking mostly because, I am just sick knowing someone can wipe out a whole branch of a family. How many of you think this will be solved by someone rolling over on someone else?

I think these murders were done by one tight close knit family and that no one outside that family unit knows anything or has any evidence. And that family will never turn on each other.

I think this crime has already been solved, LE knows exactly who did it, but they just don't have enough evidence for an arrest or conviction. I was hoping that JM might be able to provide something, but apparently he either didn't know enough to help LE or he didn't tell what he did know.

I think the only way anyone will ever be arrested for this crime is if they kill again and make enough mistakes in that murder to get caught. That is always possible since once you resort to murder to solve a problem, then that becomes the best way to solve all your problems.

But keeping in mind JW is engaged to another girl, he might be in love enough with her to tell her something about the R's if she asks. But will she be brave enough to tell LE what he says? I pray that they don't come to view this new fiance as a problem that needs to be solved. Then again maybe she will be smart enough not to have any kids with him. Who knows?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member