OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why kill all those eight over custody. I am sure they discussed with other family members that lived on the same road the custody issue so why not kill them too?

Trying to find reason in any murder, much less a mass murder, is a fruitless effort. No killing over custody doesn't make sense to us, neither does killing for any other possible reason because we don't have the mind of a murderer. No reason will ever be reason enough to justify murder to anyone other than the murderer (barring self defense) so that's a pretty weak "reasonable doubt."

They have a CI who is not going to put their life on the line to testify against a whole family in a case of eight murders unless their testimony and the evidence is pretty solid. I'm going to guess the chances the W's didn't do this are as close to zilch as it gets.

No just saying just because they were arrested doesn’t mean they are guilty. They could very well be but I need more evidence than just the indictment because investigators don’t always get it right.
The Grand Jury indicted them, not the investigators. The investigators gathered and provided the evidence for 2.5 years. Those indictiments are some of the most lengthy, in depth indictments I have ever read. I’d say the investigators got it right. JMHO.

The Grand Jury indicted them, not the investigators. The investigators gathered and provided the evidence for 2.5 years. Those indictiments are some of the most lengthy, in depth indictments I have ever read. I’d say the investigators got it right. JMHO.
Not every indictment provides a guilty verdict

Speaking of DS... he was supposed to stay at KR's that night but cancelled due to staying at his new girlfriend's house (?) If KR heard anyone approaching his trailer or messing with the lock, he might have thought it was DS after all. Might have thought something went wrong with girlfriend. KR might have actually gotten up out of bed to open the door for DS and was pushed back into his trailer by the W's. Brownie would probably go on attack (?) but, the W's, having a mother who raised pigs.... I've kind of wondered if the W's didn't have a low shock prod stick with them for any dog trouble. Brownie was outside the next day when DS finally did arrive.
I know FW raised prize pigs but they don't know they're prize pigs and most likely act like all pigs, who sometimes need a little prodding. Pigs are intelligent enough to be stubborn at times and can even be dangerous when their tempers are up.

He very well could have thought DS's cattin' around had ended early and he was coming back. A shock stick is a very good thought w/larger dogs like they had.

The Ws also raised dogs, large dogs, and were dog people (I hate typing that), so they probably knew their way around the R dogs. I read in one article that they even used pets in some of their surveillance. They had probably been running night surveillance for awhile and on those back, dark, roads, if they were noticed, it was just the Ws or their boys, out late. They probably knew just what time that CR1 let his dogs out for the last time, at night, too. BJM said it was odd that they were on the porch that morning.

During the day, while KR was at work, they could have been dropping by, and getting friendly with Brownie, by tossing him a peanut butter ball or beef liver snacks. DR's dogs would already know them as would CR1s, and no one pays any attention to a slew of coon hounds sounding off.

The issue I have with this is that there are more departments involved with this case than Pike County. If i remember correctly, police departments from over 10 states have participated in gathering evidence.

I think what DeWine said was that Pike County and BCI investigators traveled to over 10 states to investigate and gather evidence. DeWine held this case very close to the vest. There was absolute minimum involvement of other LE agencies, the opposite of what most larger metro areas would do. JMO. It's unlikely other LE agencies will be involved in the trials, by design.

They are trying to portray the Wagner’s as the smartest dumbest killers ever. Many in pike county say they have a hard time believing the Wagner’s are the killers.
I believe the Wagner’s have portrayed themselves that way. Go back and look at all the contradictory statements they made in media articles. Look at the evidence in the indictments. They’re NARCISSISTIC ANIMALS who thought they could get away with hacking the Rhoden’s phones and computers. The Wagner’s believed they could be seen on CCTV at Walmart purchasing shoes that clearly match evidence at the crime scene. And this has nothing to do with smarts. The Wagner’s manipulated and looked the Rhodens in the eye every time there was an exchange of a minor child, all while knowing they were going to murder every one of them. That’s not smart. That’s calculated and evil. JMHO.

IMOO. Regarding LM's comments about not having any hatred in their hearts and all, keep in mind that if the W's post bond they'll be out in the community again, and if anything were to happen to them (or if they conveniently disappear) while they're out the M's are going to automatically be the #1 suspects. As it is, they're already on record as saying there isn't any hate and, therefore, have made kind of a preemptive strike for an argument that they have no reason to be suspects themselves. I wonder how many in that area are kinda hoping the W's make bond.
Yep! I'd be nervous if they made it, if I were nearby. Even if I am'tI wonder if bail will be offered?
It's possible, but CR1's time of death was very different we now know, than in the prelim autopsies. We don't know really when KR died. We have been told he was shot once, in the right eye, so they had to get up close, and personal, in that camper.

His is the only dog that made a fuss, too, that we're aware of, that next day. DS said he knew he was home, because the padlock was unlocked. Most all articles, later stated, that there were no signs of forced entry too. I think that either keys were lifted and made, or most of the Rs all came and went, like many families, who live close to one another, and they just didn't lock their doors. But it would be nigh on impossible to get inside there without that dog hearing a lock being picked or someone messing with a door.

KR may have woke up, as they entered, or they just hollered at him and said come on in, but being held at gunpoint once they got in, would stop him from going anywhere, especially since there was nowhere he could go.

KR shot one time in right eye.
Pike County massacre: Rhoden family members shot in head at point-blank range, report shows

As for the necklace, my apologies, I let my thoughts run out onto my keyboard. Strictly internet rumor.
Maybe KRs killer came in on the pretext of buying some product, which KR stashed up by his sleeping nest. Or maybe he was putting a payment in his cash stash near his bed.

A quick google search of custody issues resulting in murder provides numerous examples of people who have killed over child custody.

The only difference in this case is the victims lived in separate locations versus all living in one home. That’s what confuses people. Had all 8 victims been in one home, I have serious doubts so many would question that custody is the motive.

I think what DeWine said was that Pike County and BCI investigators traveled to over 10 states to investigate and gather evidence. DeWine held this case very close to the vest. There was absolute minimum involvement of other LE agencies, the opposite of what most larger metro areas would do. JMO. It's unlikely other LE agencies will be involved in the trials, by design.
I'm sorry, but i think you may be misunderstanding me. I agree with you-thus far, i do not agree with the evidence Myland has presented.*

edit, nevermind, i misunderstood you. my apologies!

I believe the Wagner’s have portrayed themselves that way. Go back and look at all the contradictory statements they made in media articles. Look at the evidence in the indictments. They’re NARCISSISTIC ANIMALS who thought they could get away to with hacking the Rhoden’s phones and computers. The Wagner’s believed they could be seen on CCTV at Walmart purchasing shoes that clearly match evidence at the crime scene. And this has nothing to do with smarts. The Wagner’s manipulated and looked the Rhodens in the eye every time there was an exchange of a minor child, all while knowing they were going to murder every one of them. That’s not smart. That’s calculated and evil. JMHO.
A quick google search of custody issues resulting in murder provides numerous examples of people who have killed over child custody.

The only difference in this case is the victims lived in separate locations versus all living in one home. That’s what confuses people. Had all 8 victims been in one home, I have serious doubts so many would question that custody is the motive.
plus Kennedy living 10 minutes away and not really in line for custody

No just saying just because they were arrested doesn’t mean they are guilty. They could very well be but I need more evidence than just the indictment because investigators don’t always get it right.

Of course the W's are considered innocent until proven guilty. Governor Dewine and Sheriff Reader both said as much during the news conference after the arrests. Guilt or failure to prove guilt or innocence will have to wait for the trials and juries to decide. People here have discussed through 35 Threads all the evidence the public was allowed to have. Many, many theories of what might have happened and who might be responsible have been discussed for 2.5 years right here. You might want to read some of the older threads... believe me, alternative theories have been discussed. Some think the W's are guilty while knowing they have a right to a fair trial, of course. LE has taken 2.5 years of investigation to reach this point. I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind that LE has investigated every angle we could come up with and many we know nothing about. LE arrived at the W's doorstep for good reason, imo. But, we'll have to wait for the trial.

Of course the W's are considered innocent until proven guilty. Governor Dewine and Sheriff Reader both said as much during the news conference after the arrests. Guilt or failure to prove guilt or innocence will have to wait for the trials and juries to decide. People here have discussed through 35 Threads all the evidence the public was allowed to have. Many, many theories of what might have happened and who might be responsible have been discussed for 2.5 years right here. You might want to read some of the older threads... believe me, alternative theories have been discussed. Some think the W's are guilty while knowing they have a right to a fair trial, of course. LE has taken 2.5 years of investigation to reach this point. I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind that LE has investigated every angle we could come up with and many we know nothing about. LE arrived at the W's doorstep for good reason, imo. But, we'll have to wait for the trial.
I have doubts all angles were investigated

I believe the Wagner’s have portrayed themselves that way. Go back and look at all the contradictory statements they made in media articles. Look at the evidence in the indictments. They’re NARCISSISTIC ANIMALS who thought they could get away with hacking the Rhoden’s phones and computers. The Wagner’s believed they could be seen on CCTV at Walmart purchasing shoes that clearly match evidence at the crime scene. And this has nothing to do with smarts. The Wagner’s manipulated and looked the Rhodens in the eye every time there was an exchange of a minor child, all while knowing they were going to murder every one of them. That’s not smart. That’s calculated and evil. JMHO.

Yes, the prisons are full of people who thought they were smarter than LE. With DNA analysis, social media and high tech investigation tools, it's become a lot more difficult for perps to get away with murder.

I'll grant there may be more surprises ahead as the defense teams go through discovery and interview their clients. The John Doe reference in the indictments is interesting, too. Overall, though, it sounds like PCSO and BCI have a lot of solid evidence against the W's. As you say, those were pretty extensive indictments.

They may very well be guilty and if they are they need the electric chair, but they could be innocent too. And maybe it is because I don’t think like a killer I find it hard to believe it was over custody.

BBM
I find it hard to believe it was over custody

Believe me we have all struggled with that.

I am one who said it was the W's from the time DeWine named them as being the target of his "laser focus" and the searches of their property.

I think before that I had named the W's as the killers but thought it had to do with some type of drug trafficking they were involved in with the R's.

But with lack of evidence that any drug activity was the motive, it all came down to child custody.

But I struggled greatly with child custody being the reason for the massacre of an entire family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member