OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did Chris get the money for down payment on Dana’s home?

A quick google search of custody issues resulting in murder provides numerous examples of people who have killed over child custody.

The only difference in this case is the victims lived in separate locations versus all living in one home. That’s what confuses people. Had all 8 victims been in one home, I have serious doubts so many would question that custody is the motive.

IMO, killing over custody and killing to avoid child support payments (ie- divorce) are probably ranked right up at the top of causes for familicide.

Famous one just sentenced today.

Where did Chris get the money for down payment on Dana’s home?

We think probably from sales of MJ or maybe cars. I think that is what we all settled on.

But please remember with the stated amount of plants (I think DeWine said 200) and with DS saying they were in flats meaning they were seedlings which may or may not have survived, there isn't any evidence that CR1 was running a pot operation big enough to threaten any cartels or big time growers.

There is also the possibility that CR1 sold a big piece of equipment to get the money. He had many pieces of heavy equipment on his property like bulldozers ect. Any one of those big heavy equipment vehicles would bring 30 grand and maybe more if sold.

JMO

He very well could have thought DS's cattin' around had ended early and he was coming back. A shock stick is a very good thought w/larger dogs like they had.

The Ws also raised dogs, large dogs, and were dog people (I hate typing that), so they probably knew their way around the R dogs. I read in one article that they even used pets in some of their surveillance. They had probably been running night surveillance for awhile and on those back, dark, roads, if they were noticed, it was just the Ws or their boys, out late. They probably knew just what time that CR1 let his dogs out for the last time, at night, too. BJM said it was odd that they were on the porch that morning.

During the day, while KR was at work, they could have been dropping by, and getting friendly with Brownie, by tossing him a peanut butter ball or beef liver snacks. DR's dogs would already know them as would CR1s, and no one pays any attention to a slew of coon hounds sounding off.

Exactly. I do think they came by in the day and made friends with as many of the dogs as they could. Got the dogs used to the sight of them and their normal odors. I'm also wondering if they didn't come by at night and see how close they could get to some of the trailers before the dogs would bark... and to watch and see who, if anyone came out of the trailers to see what was up. Sad to say, the R's probably behaved the way a lot of people do. Assume some little creature is snuffing around near by and dogs are dogs and bark and if it goes on for too long a time then go check it out. I realize every time the W's might experiment this way, they would be taking a chance so I could be very wrong. But... that's where the shock prods come in. I imagine it would completely shock and frighten a dog into retreating.
(and the W's wouldn't even have to buy them and leave a paper trail)

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
From what i understand, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but the Rhoden family weren't felons. The Wagners are. They have proven over and over again that they are willing to break the law to get what they want, and then expect people to turn the other way.

Last edited by a moderator:
People here have discussed through 35 Threads all the evidence the public was allowed to have. Many, many theories of what might have happened and who might be responsible have been discussed for 2.5 years right here. You might want to read some of the older threads... believe me, alternative theories have been discussed.
RSBM
I agree, it's a huge relief not to have to continue to hash over theories, but to have the sense of certainty about what happened. I don't believe charges would be laid without the evidence to back them up. Police would have continued to wait, if they had to. But, time will tell.

Family, friends, and neighbours of murderers are victims too. Their trust has been violated, it's traumatizing. I can understand how there could still be loyalty towards those arrested and disbelief of the police, especially if there is already a tendency to distrust police, or authority in general.

plus Kennedy living 10 minutes away and not really in line for custody

KR and GR were what made the murders look like something other than what they were, to send the investigation in other possible directions. This took 2 1/2 years of what Dewine called basic, old-fashioned, police work. Possibly hours upon hours of looking through Boxmart videos, having to get receipt tapes from them, match items purchased (like shoes bought there, to shoe prints left at the scene), and pieces of a silencer left at the scenes, matched to one that was found and connected to the Ws.

If it was not them, then I hope they find the real killers, but right now, they've shown me enough, that I'm pretty comfortable that they've got the right folks.

It could be a huge reason why eight would die if not earned legally

If it were over drugs why kill the whole family? If CR1 and KR were running drugs and someone wanted them out of the way, why kill DR, HR, CR2, FR and HHG?

Why not just kill CR1 and KR? That would have solved the competition problem as I am sure DR would not have continued with growing and selling MJ with CR1 gone.

Also if they were such big time drug dealers why was DR working for peanuts in a nursing home?

JMO

From what i understand, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but the Rhoden family weren't felons. The Wagners are. They have proven over and over again that they are willing to break the law to get what they want, and then expect people to turn the other way.
They bought stolen items that’s a big jump to go from buying stolen items to murder

They bought stolen items that’s a big jump to go from buying stolen items to murder
They took something they wanted and expected to not get into trouble for it. It's not a big leap when talking about a custody case. They wanted custody. They got it. They even tried to demand mandatory visitation for a child they weren't related to.

If it were over drugs why kill the whole family? If CR1 and KR were running drugs and someone wanted them out of the way, why kill DR, HR, CR2, FR and HHG?

Why not just kill CR1 and KR? That would have solved the competition problem as I am sure DR would not have continued with growing and selling MJ with CR1 gone.

Also if they were such big time drug dealers why was DR working for peanuts in a nursing home?

JMO[/Q
They stole items too.
i meant Wagner’s bought stolen items

Its not such a big jump when you consider:
Wagners
Had in their possesion parts to make silencers

Brass catchers

illegal fully Automatic riffles

Bug detector devices

forged custody documents

were caught talking about killing LE, BCI and AG

And fled to alaska

I'm sure iv'e missed some, but that points towards more guilt than any other theories i have heard

They are trying to portray the Wagner’s as the smartest dumbest killers ever. Many in pike county say they have a hard time believing the Wagner’s are the killers.

I respectfully disagree. I can see the dumbest killers part but who's talking about smartest killers part in all of this? Anyone can learn about electronic gadgets and spy stuff on Youtube... where to buy it and how to set it up and what it does. Hints and advice for optimum function, etc. I'm not being snarky btw... but that's not intelligence imo. If they were the smartest killers they wouldn't be in jail.

It could be a huge reason why eight would die if not earned legally

We've discussed those theories a great deal since the murders, too, but that's not the evidence that LE put forward. In fact, LE said months later that none of the Rhoden vehicles or equipment were stolen and returned them to the family. CR1 was murdered and wouldn't have the chance to hide away any stolen parts, etc. OTOH, GWIII (I like to call him "3 sticks") had a past felony conviction for theft/receiving stolen property. A lot of it.

If any of the Wags know of someone connected to CR1's grow op who had a reason to kill the family, they'll be allowed to present that evidence in court as part of their defense.

Its not such a big jump when you consider:
Wagners
Had in their possesion parts to make silencers country folk

Brass catchers ——-country folk

illegal fully Automatic riffles ————country folk

Bug detector devices ————don’t have anything for this one

forged custody documents ———-forged after murder to make sure the baby didn’t go into state custody like the others

were caught talking about killing LE, BCI and AG - ———-talking out of anger wasn’t planning on doing it

And fled to alaska- ———-Alaska was not for protection from the law

I'm sure iv'e missed some, but that points towards more guilt than any other theories i have heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname