OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

Searched Google using some of your terms and came up empty. I sure would be interested in reading about that if anyone remembers.
So, seems like LE doesn't think the husband did anything to her. I wonder if he's obviously confused and not faking....strange they wouldn't assume that he killed her and left her somewhere unless there's something not being said.
Anyone know how long they were married?

They were married 53 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if the husband misinterpreted her being unresponsive for being deceased, and she's in a hospital somewhere between Point A and Point B?

This is seriously messed up...
I think this is certainly plausible, and with HIPAA it could take a while to track down, especially if he was confused as to the location.

I just don't get a *sinister* vibe on this one. Of course I could be way off on that.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I think this is certainly plausible, and with HIPAA it could take a while to track down, especially if he was confused as to the location.

I just don't get a *sinister* vibe on this one. Of course I could be way off on that.

*Bonus points for not typing HIPPA! (I'm a nursing program director and it's one of my pet peeves!)

“Hartville police probing woman’s road trip death”

By Repository staff report
Posted Jan 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM

“HARTVILLE A village couple, married for 53 years, apparently left Jan. 4 for a trip to Elvis Presley’s Graceland home. The husband returned home last weekend without his wife -- and what exactly happened to her remains a mystery.

‘I don’t know if we have a crime or don’t have a crime at this point,’ Hartville Police Chief Larry Dordea said on Friday.

[...]

‘This all started when (Philip) told me he left her ashes down there,’ [Roberta’s brother, Brian] Heisler said. ‘She’d always said when she was cremated, she didn’t want her ashes sitting on a mantel.’

Heisler reported details to local police on Tuesday.

Dordea said Philip Snider’s version of events ‘doesn’t add up,’ though he said Snider appeared sincere. Snider may be confused about the location and timing of details, the chief said.

[...]

He said Philip Snider allowed them to search his home and police recovered receipts from the trip. Dordea said police are in the process of trying to track down video footage that could have captured the Sniders along the 728-mile trek to Memphis.

‘We think he just made a mistake, as to where it happened,’ said Heisler, adding that he believes Snider may be suffering from dementia. ‘We think it may have occurred in Kentucky. We’re pretty certain it wasn’t it malicious. We don’t think it was foul play

[...]

The couple moved to Hartville following a Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy case that was filed in 2008. They lost their house in Plain Township to foreclosure, according to court records, and claimed to be nearly $145,000 in debt.”

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20180112/hartville-police-probing-womans-road-trip-death

BBM

I’m not feeling foul play, either. How heartbreaking for Bobby’s family, nonetheless.

Phillip is likely suffering from cognitive issues: The bolded (“This all started when (Philip) told me he left her ashes down there”), for example, is so improbable that it makes me so sad ....

“He and Bobby packed up their white pickup and left early Jan. 4. They drove about 285 miles and stopped for the night at a Ramada Inn in Sparta, Ky.

The next morning, they set out early for the remaining 440 miles to Graceland.

They almost made it.

When Philip pulled into the parking lot of the Days Inn where they planned to stay — which is directly across the street from Graceland — Bobby had some sort of medical emergency and died, prompting Philip to seek the help of a nearby ambulance, he said.

Rescue workers told Philip they were taking her to a hospital in Memphis, but Philip didn’t know which. He also didn’t know the name of the ambulance company.

Philip ended up spending the night at the Days Inn and checking out the next morning, something police have since confirmed with motel officials.” (BBM)

1. Is there evidence (video, preferably) of Bobby having been at the Ramada in KY?

2. Is there evidence of Bobby having been at the Days Inn at all? Any cameras in the parking lot?

So where is "ashes" coming from? I don't have first-hand experience with dementia but how could he say both that she died there AND that her ashes are there? Is that typical? Wonder if they have her on camera.
53 years. Wow. I'm assuming he is devastated :(

My goodness- is this yet another case of someone with dementia not being prevented from driving (among other things)? Ugh

*Bonus points for not typing HIPPA! (I'm a nursing program director and it's one of my pet peeves!)
BWAHAHAHA it makes me crazy too (and I'm not a medical anything)

So where is "ashes" coming from? I don't have first-hand experience with dementia but how could he say both that she died there AND that her ashes are there? Is that typical? Wonder if they have her on camera.
53 years. Wow. I'm assuming he is devastated :(
Probably getting a different situation with ashes mixed up with this situation. It's the same way my grandpa could seem to know me one minute, and know he was in the hospital, and in the next breath think it was 1955 (20 years before I was born) and be telling me that I needed to go get the Ford to haul the hogs in. He was confusing events that were 20 years apart.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do we know if she’s even alive? Maybe she is deceased and he actually took her ashes to Graceland.

Oh never mind, I just saw that they talked to her brother.

Oh my goodness, this is incredibly sad. Fingers crossed this has a happy ending. Maybe in his confusion he just left her somewhere, (and she’s hospitalized, as someone mentioned up thread.) However it’s been over a week. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am from Sparta, KY born and raised and believe me there is not a place close to this hotel to confuse with Graceland. It is not a busy hotel until race time in the summer. (Arca or NASCAR practices etc). Very rural. The next large city would be Louisville, Glasgow and through to Nashville. Several small cities in-between none to be confused with Memphis. More than likely, the stop in Sparta would be easy to confirm. And yes, there are cameras there. More than likely, because of the slow amount of business, the clerk would recognize them. I will check the local paper to see if anything about this couple is written. It is a once a week paper though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks Jade, and I agree with you. People live for years and years with serious medical issues with medication. I hope I didn't come across as condescending. I didn't mean that at all. It was just my own deduction from the little that is known.

Yes, you're right. So weird. There are several possible scenarios here. I hope they get resolution and answers...

JMO

No not at all Jazztune, no problem!

I also started thinking that what if her medical issues were so serious, she planned with him to step out of life. Like they visited Graceland together for the last time and afterwards he helped her to end her life and hid her? I dont see any foul play in this. But its sad and tragic though. This is just speculating from my point and all IMO.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Story is still there...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157031799804922&id=41236779921
b8da86319269eb70471b0f9a60b47ce2.jpg
a7372b2997ff03a1d21241c060ed874f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Interesting that the obit doesn't list a funeral home but says a cremation has taken place. The paper should have record of who submitted the obit.

Boots on the ground MacieMay and get sleuthing!! Inquiring minds need to know! [emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Nobody is talking! Don’t they know there are nosy people out here??!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6