OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

In order for an obituary to be published, the paper asks for the death certificate. At least in Kentucky they do.

Ok, they supposedly packed up and left for Graceland on January 4. but this obituary states she passed on January 6? Is there a possibility they located her body and it just hasn't been reported?

This is one of the strangest things I have come across in all my years on WS.

MOO

Hey Everyone,

A quick reminder, it is against our rules to sleuths family members unless they are connected to the crime we are discussing.

MacieMay welcome to Websleuths.

If you would like to become a verified insider, that means we verify that you are who you say you are, in this case, a local who knows the case,

then please do the following things:

If a member wants to post as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@gmail.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your username and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks everyone. Keep up the good sleuthing.

Tricia

Hey Everyone,

A quick reminder, it is against our rules to sleuths family members unless they are connected to the crime we are discussing.

MacieMay welcome to Websleuths.

If you would like to become a verified insider, that means we verify that you are who you say you are, in this case, a local who knows the case,

then please do the following things:

If a member wants to post as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@gmail.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your username and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks everyone. Keep up the good sleuthing.

Tricia

I don’t know these folks at all. I just live in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am unable to send PMs, but thank you to the nice person who reached out to me. ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have there been any updates to this case via local media?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

[h=3]Wife vanishes after Ohio couple's trip to Graceland, husband claims she's dead[/h]
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - A couple's trip to Graceland ended in a mystery.

An Ohio man said his wife died in the Bluff City, but the problem is, no one can find her body.
It’s a puzzling story, and it appears the only evidence of what happened came from the missing woman's husband.
It is not even clear if Philip Snider's wife, Roberta, who went by the name Bobby, ever made it to Memphis.

"Memphis police and the Ohio police have been here and calling here," said Kadesha Sanders.
Sanders works as a clerk at the Days Inn across the street from Graceland where police are trying to figure out what happened to a 69-year-old woman from Hartville, Ohio.
"At this point in time we are considering her to be a missing person," said Hartville Police Department Chief Lawrence Dordea.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37299844/wife-missing-after-ohio-couples-trip-to-graceland

Phillip said the couple left their Ohio home Jan. 4, stopped at a motel in Sparta, Kentucky, and ended up in Memphis at the Days Inn.

"He checked in at 11 something in the morning," Sanders said.

A statement from Days Inn shows Snider paid a total of $97.29 for the room for one night. Days Inn employees said he used his wife's credit card.
The statement shows he checked out at 3:30 a.m. the next day.
"He was constantly asking about which car wash was near and if there are some open," Sanders said.
Investigators said Phillip told them his wife died just as he was arriving in Memphis. He said he flagged down a nearby ambulance who took her away. The next day, Snider said he drove home.
Nobody has any record of the ambulance transporting the body or any Jane Doe's left at Memphis hospitals.
Bobby Snider seems to have vanished.
MPD said a report has not been filed in Memphis.

WMC Action News 5 also checked with the motel in Kentucky where the couple reportedly stayed. They said they did not know what we were talking about.
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37299844/wife-missing-after-ohio-couples-trip-to-graceland

Ummm.... :eek:hwow: :scared:

Memphis is rough, but this is just crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

No sleuthing family or friends.

:wave:

Someone who knows the phonetic alphabet :) over

Another article from today: http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...ie-in-memphis-as-her-husband-claims/926344769

He said he had misplaced his wallet or something, so he said could he use his wife's credit card, so I said no big deal," said Juanita Walton, hotel clerk. "I didn't see the wife ‘cuz I didn't see nobody but him, so I don't know if she was in the truck or not. All he wanted to do was go get his car washed."

The police chief in Hartville, Ohio, told the Local I-Team he believes Roberta Snider was in Memphis, but at this point he doesn't know if she was dead or alive.

We checked. Police and fire officials do not have any record of Roberta Snider or any Jane Doe's being picked up by an ambulance or taken to a hospital.

Hotel records show, Phillip Snider checked into the hotel around 12:30 January 5th, and checked out at 3:30 a.m. the next day. Police say he then drove back to Ohio, because he claims he didn't know where her body was taken.

Last week, Roberta Snider's brother reported her missing. Police are trying to retrace the couple's trip from Hartville to Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So its fair to say that she wasnt in the hotel he checked in. He used her credit card and asked for car washes.

I guess it shouldnt be to hard to determine if they even made it to Graceland together.

However i think its still possible that because of her serious medical issues he helped her step out of life. And i didnt think that he did anything bad to her.

But, if something happened to her suddenly and she died, like he said, how is it possible to not remember anything, to go to sleep like nothing happened. Thats what is starting to make me think.

I mean could it be that if he took care of her and her medical issues and he was tired of it and decided to end her life?

Its all very strange to say the least. Everything i said above is all speculation and my opinion. There is no reason to see anyone quilty in foul play right now. IMO

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

I am most curious about the obituary. He had to have placed it- who else would? And Roberta's BROTHER reported her missing. He could get all the way home to Ohio no problem, but not remember to call anyone and say "Oh, by the way, she died while we were on our trip!"?

The obit points to nefarious deeds IMHO

I'm surprised I'm the odd one out this time and nobody has mentioned this scenario yet - I totally think hubby is responsible for Bobby's disappearance and probable demise. And not out of mercy. I'm thinking the whole 'trip' was a guise to get rid of her... either from the start (aka he planned it) or something happened in the early stages and he kept up the trip charade as an alibi. Hope I'm wrong and just jaded. Either way not feeling very hopeful for Bobby. :(

I'm surprised I'm the odd one out this time and nobody has mentioned this scenario yet - I totally think hubby is responsible for Bobby's disappearance and probable demise. And not out of mercy. I'm thinking the whole 'trip' was a guise to get rid of her... either from the start (aka he planned it) or something happened in the early stages and he kept up the trip charade as an alibi. Hope I'm wrong and just jaded. Either way not feeling very hopeful for Bobby. :(

Oh- I totally think that's what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back