OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

I emailed the reporter from the 1st article I read ...nothing new to add [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thank you, watergirl62 and Gussified for the awesome map and photos of that bridge. I just can't see how he managed to dump her body like that without rousing suspicion from people driving by. It's not like a deserted road, that's a main drag. Especially at that time in the morning- that's rush hour traffic time, too many people would have been driving by, it would be hard not to see that it was a body wrapped in those trash bags- something long and thick in the middle. I wonder why the news hasn't shown his truck and the area he claimed to have dumped her, to try and jog people's memory of that morning.
So if it seems highly improbable that he could have dumped her body there, that begs the question, how is LE convinced (IIRC) that he's telling the truth about this part?

That takes me back to this being a fantasy his mind made up that HE is convinced about - potentially. If he's convinced, and believes he's telling the truth, he will come across as sincere.

I don't know how any of you are so certain either way. I'm leaning one way, but not far that one way. The whole thing is so completely bizarre that he's either a mastermind at manipulation and lying, or there's something going on in his brain, whether dementia or something else.

The only thing I feel certain about is that she died. I lean toward natural death, suicide, or assisted suicide, and her death triggering a worsening in his mental state, creating confusion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

New info from a kind, concerned person at the local paper we dicussed yesterday (in a separate response to my email) is that Phil came in on Monday the 8th with a tiny obit and returned with his son on the 9th to add the details and names. This all occurred before the story came out. I got the impression they know the family and hope for closure for the family's sake.

New info from a kind, concerned person at the local paper we dicussed yesterday (in a separate response to my email) is that Phil came in on Monday the 8th with a tiny obit and returned with his son on the 9th to add the details and names. This all occurred before the story came out. I got the impression they know the family and hope for closure for the family's sake.

Horse is still dragging me. Head hurts..

Found something interesting...
So I was searching the articles to see whether he said he dropped her body off the bridge Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th, as that could affect traffic at 5:30 am. This article says it was the 6th. Not only that, it says that he was staying at the Days Inn in BENTON COUNTY, which is only 9 min from the bridge. That means, if he checked out at 3:30am, he could have been to the bridge by 4am. There is a good chance the traffic is light at 4am on a Saturday in rural Tennessee.

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/...land/465-4fbc8ccd-0622-4e32-b21a-3b8001e811d1

"His story to them now is that he stayed in Memphis and went to Graceland and had her in the back of the truck after she died," Christopher said. "He spent the night there with her in the back of the truck. The next day, he came back to Benton County and stayed at the Days Inn, we have confirmed that and the video showed him to be alone when he was there and she was still in the truck if the story is true."

On the morning of Jan. 6, Philip Snider told authories he checked out of hotel in Benton County and dumped his wife's body into the Tennesee River.

"The police chief in Hartville contacted me and said they were getting a lot of conflicting stories from Mr. Snider, but myself and my investigators have been able to confirm that he did stay at the Days Inn in Memphis and he did stay at the Days Inn here in Benton County at exit 126," Christopher said.

I think she died as well. BUT, not by natural causes. Maybe the cost of funeral was more than he was willing to pay? I realize they are expensive, and you're basically throwing money in the ground, never to be seen again. But that's the way things are now. So people should be aware that eventually we die, and someone will have to pay a funeral home.

I'm still baffled by the obit as well. Are there any learning disabilities, or such within the family that affects reasoning? I don't mean her husband possibly having dementia. I don't understand how adult children didn't question the Dad's reasoning, and were OK with his story, believing it enough for an obit.

Sorry for what I am about to post but we have to explore everything, right?

I go back to cremation and the brief discussion re "home cremation"... and it would be easy to toss ashes off a bridge...

I go back to cremation and the brief discussion re "home cremation"... and it would be easy to toss ashes off a bridge...

Yes, it would, but it would be nearly impossible for him to cremate her at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could he have somehow actually had her cremated without a death certificate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he could have built a fire at home, burned it long and hot enough to turn the body into ashes.

I do wonder if he took the body from home, and thought with the long trip she would never be found.

I, of course, have never burned a human body. I have however known of a farm that burned their horses if they died. It took days and literally trees and tires, and whatever else they had around to burn. I don't know if it all turned to ashes or not though. They may have buried the largest bones afterwards. It upset me so much about burning the horses that I called animal control. Well, it's legal. As long as we weren't in a burn ban due to dry weather,, high winds, etc, it was legal to dispose of a horse that way.

I’m actually starting to lean toward he did throw her body off that bridge. Not sure how she died, tho.

Thank you very much for this information. So not only did he drop off an obituary, but his son came with him on a second day to help complete it. hhhmmmmm

Horse is still dragging me. Head hurts..

My head is hurting, too. I want to get off of this horse now, but something's keeping me glued to it.
Found something interesting...
So I was searching the articles to see whether he said he dropped her body off the bridge Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th, as that could affect traffic at 5:30 am. This article says it was the 6th. Not only that, it says that he was staying at the Days Inn in BENTON COUNTY, which is only 9 min from the bridge. That means, if he checked out at 3:30am, he could have been to the bridge by 4am. There is a good chance the traffic is light at 4am on a Saturday in rural Tennessee.

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/...land/465-4fbc8ccd-0622-4e32-b21a-3b8001e811d1

Thank you, Gussified! I'm thinking we need a post with all the facts listed in one post, so we can sort this out a little better. Everyone is doing a great job with researching, but details are so scattered and with the changes in PS's story, it's causing myself a lot of confusion. I find myself rereading articles and either missed some things like what you just posted now (the distance of the hotel to the bridge) or I doubt myself when I think something is a fact when it was a rumor. Gah!

So he seemed to have trouble with even those bit if details.

My mother has dementia and it does seem to come and go, but she tells some wonderful stories when in her "off" moments.
The thing is she believes the stories have really happened and is very convincing.

Just want to say I'm so sorry this has happened to your mother. It must be the worst pain ever to see her this way.

( I hope though, her wonderful stories are never frightening, and may actually provide some comfort for her. )

Remember to take good care of yourself too as you deal with this. Dementia can be so hard on family and loved ones as well.

Big hugs from many here who care!

So he seemed to have trouble with even those bit if details.

It may be that the family wasn't that close and he wasn't aware of all the details of the siblings. IMO ....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Just want to say I'm so sorry this has happened to your mother. It must be the worst pain ever to see her this way.

( I hope though, her wonderful stories are never frightening, and may actually provide some comfort for her. )

Remember to take good care of yourself too as you deal with this. Dementia can be so hard on family and loved ones as well.

Big hugs from many here who care![/QUO

Thank you so much you are all very kind.

He would need a heat point over 1000F, and even then bodies don't turn into complete dust. There is a machine that grinds bodies up after cremation, and even then it's more gravel like than fine dust.

I used to work in a funeral home and saw the process. It's not a pretty sight.

He would need a heat point over 1000F, and even then bodies don't turn into complete dust. There is a machine that grinds bodies up after cremation, and even then it's more gravel like than fine dust.

I used to work in a funeral home and saw the process. It's not a pretty sight.

I had no idea about the grinding machine. Good to know. It’s amazing what I learn here!

If she is in the river, it will give her body up in the spring when the weather changes and it fills with gases which causes it to rise. The cold water will preserve it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back