GUILTY OH - Shannon Graves, 28, found in freezer, Youngstown, Feb 2017

At least we now know for certain.... but every time these cases happen, it always is another sharp jolt.

RIP, Shannon.
:rose:​

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36004825/two-arrested-after-body-found-in-freezer-in-campbell

"Youngstown police arrested Arturo Novoa, 31, on a warrant for abuse of a corpse while at work in a restaurant kitchen Saturday night.

On Sunday, Katrina Layton, 34, was also arrested and may also be charged with abuse of a corpse, as well as obstructing justice. "

The body is possibly a female, and was found in a freezer at a home. Novoa's girlfiend had been reported missing, according to the article... trying to see if I can figure out if that ever made the news.

RSBM - Thanks for this link. It is stated in the video at the link that the residence the freezer and body were located at was not Arturo's. He apparently told the residents of that home that his utilities had been shut off and asked if he could store it there. When they received it it was padlocked. The body was discovered when they cut the lock off and opened it.

Those poor people must have been mortified. I know I would have been.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36024840/campbell-man-recalls-grim-discovery-in-basement-freezer

"A Campbell couple is looking for ways to recover emotionally from a horrific discovery they made this past weekend.

Ken Easenbaugh was still visibly shaken on Tuesday as he spoke exclusively with 21 News Reporter Janet Rogers about finding a body in a freezer he and his wife had been storing for someone who they used to think of as a friend."

They discovered it because they wanted to make spaghetti and meatballs and wanted to borrow some hamburger from the freezer... ack.

I just read the story on Fox news, how horrible I just don't understand why people do this.

Ohio man hid girlfriend's body in freezer as 'impostor girlfriend' moved in, prosecutor says

A man stored his girlfriend’s body in a freezer with the help of another woman -- who then assumed the dead woman’s life by moving into her home, using her credit cards and caring for her dog, an Ohio prosecutor said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/charge-man-hid-girlfriend-in-freezer-lived-with-impostor.html

Of course I come to WS first to look for a thread.

RIP Shannon and ay her family find some sense of Peace and Comfort!

Officially identified as Shannon:

http://wkbn.com/2017/08/01/body-found-in-campbell-freezer-identified-as-missing-youngstown-womans/

shannon-elizabeth-graves.jpg

Rest in peace now, Shannon.... :rose:

This is so horrific. :sick:

Rest in Peace Shannon. :rose:

gruesome.

to me it sounds about right they just assumed her life and possessions. they prob stopped paying bills and that's why they now had finally been evicted and power shut off.

There is a very intreasting conversation on KLs Facebook page. Its under an older post about starting a new jod. If not allowed delete please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36024840/campbell-man-recalls-grim-discovery-in-basement-freezer

"A Campbell couple is looking for ways to recover emotionally from a horrific discovery they made this past weekend.

Ken Easenbaugh was still visibly shaken on Tuesday as he spoke exclusively with 21 News Reporter Janet Rogers about finding a body in a freezer he and his wife had been storing for someone who they used to think of as a friend."

They discovered it because they wanted to make spaghetti and meatballs and wanted to borrow some hamburger from the freezer... ack.

I can't imagine. What a shock.

For the mods - I noticed that when the merger occurred of Sharon's 'Missing Person' and the 'body found in freezer' threads (before she was officially identified), the thread ended up in Crimes in the News. Should it be moved to Located Persons now?

the guy didn't know his real name. maybe he did not know he even had that gf.

Seriously though, if my friend, whose girlfriend was missing, asked me to store a freezer with a padlock on it.....I'd be pretty suspicious.

What a sad and bizarre case.

RIP now Shannon.

Has cod been reported? Did these two losers enter a plea already?

I wonder whether the new gf knew the whole story or whether he told her some concocted bs and she was too dependent or needy or whatever to question anything he said. She looks pretty shocked in her booking photo. I guess the only thing I feel grateful for is that she took care of the dog rather than kill or abandon the poor thing.

I'm guessing LE has some strong evidence that the gf was part of this. I could write off the phone, if he reset it and gave it to her. I could write off her driving the car, if he gave her some bs story. I can't seem to justify her using Shannon's credit card, and if she purchased the freezer? - well even if you needed kitchen appliances, a freezer would be last on my list. JMO MOO

For the mods - I noticed that when the merger occurred of Sharon's 'Missing Person' and the 'body found in freezer' threads (before she was officially identified), the thread ended up in Crimes in the News. Should it be moved to Located Persons now?

It is fine in Crimes in the News. It will be easier to find and track towards trial in this forum.

I'm guessing LE has some strong evidence that the gf was part of this. I could write off the phone, if he reset it and gave it to her. I could write off her driving the car, if he gave her some bs story. I can't seem to justify her using Shannon's credit card, and if she purchased the freezer? - well even if you needed kitchen appliances, a freezer would be last on my list. JMO MOO

I found it interesting when I looked up their charges, that Katrina is charged with obstructing justice and abuse of a corpse, and Arturo 'only' with abuse of a corpse. There must be evidence that she wasn't just an innocent bystander...

http://pii.mahoningcountyoh.gov/(S(khbnn4uvxqv1u2wryeq0vyip))/BookingFind.aspx

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther