Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey Shunick killer did the same thing.

Rammed her off the road and abducted her while she was riding her bike after she shortly left a male friend from a taco bell 15 minutes before her abduction.

Wtf.

These types of predators seem to be more scared then the victims. Jmo.

Especially since they need to try and paralyze someone with a vehicle before abducting them. Jmo.

Btw. Mickey was suppose to attend a graduation the next day.

But now I wonder if her killer is watching Espn sports and enjoying 3 hots and a cot in prison.

Which is bullcrap imo.

View attachment 98911

Couldn't have said it any better Dex!

One of my very first posts here on Thread #1 mentioned Mickey :rose: My hopes for a different outcome dashed, I am bereft at what we, as a community can do to keep ourselves safe from such monstrous predators?

Both cases leave me searingly :furious:

#JusticeForSierah
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDW's 1990 victim also said that she thinks he strikes when the corn is high. I think that this is a very intuitive observation..

Lol...sorry, but to me it just seems like an extremely obvious observation...

I think he strikes when the opportunity presents itself.

How many serial killers are you aware of that strike at exactly the same time of year?
There is something to this and is an important part of his profile.

I'm not sure of what the LE parameter of the search area was. Majority of searches were on the North side of Central (20). Closer to where SJ lived and towards Michigan. I drove on roads around JW house and there wasn't much activity over there. I tried to drive slow but when it's only me there is so much I can look at. I should have drove slower.

I have wondered what led them to her remains as well.
Did some witnesses/tips fall together about seeing a certain vehicle in that area that matched his vehicle/s once he was arrested for her abduction?
Did evidence from his vehicles or shoes take them there? (soil or plants that matches that area from his tires or shoes perhaps?)
Did (I'm so sorry....) birds of prey or other wildlife lead them there? (I am trying not to be graphic particularly for locals.... but are coyotes active in that area? I know my dad's large farm which is about 40 miles away in NW Ohio is active with coyotes, so I wondered what part they played in her recovery.)
Or... I thought I read in a previous post that she was located by air search? Not sure of the factual nature of that or if it was speculation or rumor, though. (It conflicted with another person's info about how she was found.)
Or... just part of the thorough foot and canine search area that naturally expanded out from the abduction area at that time....

Another thing I want to mention...... the tassling corn. There isn't silk yet on the ears of corn, so there wouldn't have been that on JDW's clothing, but there is a possibility that he would have had the dust/chafe of the tassling corn that would have shook off the stalks onto his clothing. I'm sure they found this in his vehicle transferred from his clothing.

How many serial killers are you aware of that strike at exactly the same time of year?
There is something to this and is an important part of his profile.

The idea that he strikes when the corn is high is psychologically fascinating, and incredibly creepy. if this is a part of his MO... why? What happened to him at this time of year? Was he rejected by a beautiful young lady that he fancied? Did he lose someone dear to him?

I'm reminded of a short story that I read years ago, I had been looking for it with no luck, I thought it was a Ray Bradbury story. I finally remembered the name of it, and it's by Stephen King. No wonder! It's called Strawberry Spring. There are a number of pdf copies of it floating around the interwebs, if anyone if interested.

I agree its creepy and psychologically disturbing.
While we dont know for sure this was the only time of year he struck, his method and relativity to potential other victims we have come across sure does point to this time of year.

Jon Victor ‏@jon_victor_ Jul 23 Ohio, USA
Spot in the cornfield off County Road 7 where authorities found what they believe is #SierahJoughin 's remains.

CoErKcEW8AAQNtu.jpg

https://twitter.com/jon_victor_

You can see the post that is in ProGuns memorial pics here in this one, notice it says 'spot IN the cornfield' If you look closely you can see a lot of corn flattened, probably trampled down by investigators. I think she was found just IN the field by the memorial. MOO

Again, from the perspective of a gal whose dad has farmed grain crops in NW Ohio for 78 years and grew up on that farm, corn fields are tight to move in once they are into July growth. Not only could SJ not be seen on the ground from the roadway, I'm sure, but for JDW to place her there quickly would have been physical work to maneuver in the tight rows of corn...... not to mention across the grassy roadway area swiftly and quickly. I'm not imagining him to be too physically fit, honestly. I just don't get how he pulled it off given farms in either direction, the chance of traffic, leaving no tire tracks in the grassy area if he backed in or pulled as close as he could where a drive by didn't notice the disturbance, or even foot disturbance in the grassy area. Or even the farmer of that field while "road farming" / checking crops not noticing the disturbance of the area entering his field..... Anyway, just some ramblings.

The idea that he strikes when the corn is high is psychologically fascinating, and incredibly creepy. if this is a part of his MO... why? What happened to him at this time of year? Was he rejected by a beautiful young lady that he fancied? Did he lose someone dear to him?

I'm reminded of a short story that I read years ago, I had been looking for it with no luck, I thought it was a Ray Bradbury story. I finally remembered the name of it, and it's by Stephen King. No wonder! It's called Strawberry Spring. There are a number of pdf copies of it floating around the interwebs, if anyone if interested.

Combine that with July 19/2016, was the first night of a full moon.. While running an errand this morning, I was thinking that this case is beginning to remind me more and more of a JP novel, except for being fiction, actually dark reality.

Seems, an algorithm could be utilized by the FBI BAU2 to indicate which missing females may be tied to serial predator JD Worley. Many times more is revealed by what is unseen, rather than what is seen.. Was there a break in these unsuspecting innocent victims going missing for the three years that JDW was incarcerated..

Hopefully many of these tragic cases will be solved.. I am a firm believer that there is a spiritual connection in these cases, and good eventually triumphs over evil...

DexterMorgan, if you remember, when serial sexual predator/killer B.S. Lavergne later described the abduction to investigators. He said that he told Mickey Shunick that he would pay for her bicycle and take her home if she didn't notify police. Said he had a bad driving record and would loose his license. They loaded up her bicycle and she got in his vehicle...

Many times abductions by sexual predators begin with a ruse. After all, many predators are very conniving. The bicycle bump is to secretly allow something illegal, wrong, and harmful to occur, while disguised as something that it is not; 'an accident'.. If caught attempting this ruse, the sexual predator simply claims that it was an accident, as J.D.Worley did in 1990...

He lied though. I think it Eventually it came out that he forced her into the truck.

As for how he's doing now-- he's in Angola - no AC in 103 degree humid weather and was in solitary confinement for a very long time. He might still be. Angola sounds pretty miserable. They do hard labor there too. Of course it's not the same as what Mickey suffered or what her family is suffering.

Did some witnesses/tips fall together about seeing a certain vehicle in that area that matched his vehicle/s once he was arrested for her abduction?
Did evidence from his vehicles or shoes take them there? (soil or plants that matches that area from his tires or shoes perhaps?)
Did (I'm so sorry....) birds of prey or other wildlife lead them there? (I am trying not to be graphic particularly for locals.... but are coyotes active in that area? I know my dad's large farm which is about 40 miles away in NW Ohio is active with coyotes, so I wondered what part they played in her recovery.)
Or... I thought I read in a previous post that she was located by air search? Not sure of the factual nature of that or if it was speculation or rumor, though. (It conflicted with another person's info about how she was found.)
Or... just part of the thorough foot and canine search area that naturally expanded out from the abduction area at that time....

I also remember reading the air search info. I believe it also said you could see the plane during a news or press conference. I never went back to check on any footage.

Just for discussion sake, perhaps striking when the corn is high is simply because he feels safest, hidden from view, and found this method works for him - with no overriding psychological reason.

I also remember reading the air search info. I believe it also said you could see the plane during a news or press conference. I never went back to check on any footage.

There were air searches for sure, I agree. You could see them in news footage and also the pressers mentioned air search as well. However -- I can't say that there was ever anything official that the pressers or MSM stated that it was the air searches that found her remains.

Just for discussion sake, perhaps striking when the corn is high is simply because he feels safest, hidden from view, and found this method works for him - with no overriding psychological reason.

That's what I'm thinking

Combine that with July 19/2016, was the first night of a full moon.. While running an errand this morning, I was thinking that this case is beginning to remind me more and more of a JP novel, except for being fiction, actually dark reality.

Seems, an algorithm could be utilized by the FBI BAU2 to indicate which missing females may be tied to serial predator JD Worley. Many times more is revealed by what is unseen, rather than what is seen.. Was there a break in these unsuspecting innocent victims going missing for the three years that JDW was incarcerated..

Hopefully many of these tragic cases will be solved.. I am a firm believer that there is a spiritual connection in these cases, and good eventually triumphs over evil...

There was a Full Moon Monday, October 28th 1985, 3 days after Lori Hill went missing. Thoughts?

Could be! It could turn out that he has other victims taken at other times of year, too.
Right now all we have are two girls abducted when the corn was high. Two isn't enough to make a pattern, whether it's one of comfort, convenience, or pathology.
I'm just spinning my wheels :)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth2679 View Post

Imo, there was likely vulcher/buzzard activity over the field witnessed by an aware citizen that called in a tip. The tip would have then followed up on with a plane or drone.. This happens in many missing murdered cases. jmo

First of all, everyone here on WS is amazing! I stumbled across this forum last week while looking for more information about Sierah and have been blown away by the smart, caring and dedicated individuals you all are!

I'm originally from an area very close to where this all happened and have known Sierah's family my entire life.The past week has been really hard for me to grasp and understand.(as it has for thousands of other people) I worked less than 10 miles from this monsters house and it's just sickening and scary to think about. You never expect something like this to happen in a small rural area, but yet unfortunately there are monsters everywhere hiding in plain site. As a new mom it's terrifying for me to think about the type of world we live in and that no one or no place is safe anymore. My heart hurts for all of Sierah's family and friends but especially her younger siblings who will never have a normal life. They will always be missing their big sister and looking over their shoulder, scared that another boogeyman could be near.

Sorry for such a long first post!

So my question and reason for posting is this:
Why is the punishment for abduction only 3-10 years? Is this a pretty common thing from state to state? I guess I just look at it as no good can come from an abduction case, whether it's related to custody issues, sexual purposes, or murder, why are these people not serving more time? Someone brought up the point that drug charges can get you more time than what this guy served. I'm just baffled by this. I believe that these types of crime should be on a registry of some sort for the public to see. Someone who is ballsy and sick enough to do something like this, whatever their intent is, should not be able to lurk in the shadows and possibly pounce again without the public being aware of what type of individual is living next door.

Again, sorry for the long first post!

First of all, everyone here on WS is amazing! I stumbled across this forum last week while looking for more information about Sierah and have been blown away by the smart, caring and dedicated individuals you all are!

I'm originally from an area very close to where this all happened and have known Sierah's family my entire life.The past week has been really hard for me to grasp and understand.(as it has for thousands of other people) I worked less than 10 miles from this monsters house and it's just sickening and scary to think about. You never expect something like this to happen in a small rural area, but yet unfortunately there are monsters everywhere hiding in plain site. As a new mom it's terrifying for me to think about the type of world we live in and that no one or no place is safe anymore. My heart hurts for all of Sierah's family and friends but especially her younger siblings who will never have a normal life. They will always be missing their big sister and looking over their shoulder, scared that another boogeyman could be near.

Sorry for such a long first post!

So my question and reason for posting is this:
Why is the punishment for abduction only 3-10 years? Is this a pretty common thing from state to state? I guess I just look at it as no good can come from an abduction case, whether it's related to custody issues, sexual purposes, or murder, why are these people not serving more time? Someone brought up the point that drug charges can get you more time than what this guy served. I'm just baffled by this. I believe that these types of crime should be on a registry of some sort for the public to see. Someone who is ballsy and sick enough to do something like this, whatever their intent is, should not be able to lurk in the shadows and possibly pounce again without the public being aware of what type of individual is living next door.

Again, sorry for the long first post!
Welcome, and appreciate your thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads