Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTOL had a video of the reporter reading the transcript from his 1990 trial. They zoomed in on one of the pages and it said something like, "I was driving my mother's truck". The truck was a red flatbed, something that you would use if you owned a small engine repair business. (Pick up riding lawnmowers, snowmobiles, ect) The sign outside his house is red with yellow lettering, so I would assume this flatbed truck had business lettering on it. And it's very likely that his Mom/Parents still owned the business in 1990. So that could be why he stayed at the scene.

I'm not sure if this is relevant in the grand scheme of things, but I came across this yesterday, and figured I'd throw it out there.
FES transportation didn't come into being until 2010, and in 2011 he met with the Fulton County BoC to get approval to put a bigger business sign in front of his place.

http://www.smallbusinessdb.com/fes-transportation-llc-delta-oh-43515.htm

http://www.fultoncountyoh.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/241

This is not to say that your idea isn't spot on, it could well be, your post just reminded me of this stuff I found :)

I wonder if he has a CDL. He could have been transporting for other companies when his own company was not operating.

I'm not sure if this is relevant in the grand scheme of things, but I came across this yesterday, and figured I'd throw it out there.
FES transportation didn't come into being until 2010, and in 2011 he met with the Fulton County BoC to get approval to put a bigger business sign in front of his place.

http://www.smallbusinessdb.com/fes-transportation-llc-delta-oh-43515.htm

http://www.fultoncountyoh.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/241

This is not to say that your idea isn't spot on, it could well be, your post just reminded me of this stuff I found :)
FES transport is a seperate company. He also has a small engine repair business called FES Shop Services.

I've been lurking here for the past several days.... trying to think of what I could say or how to word it. I'm not so good with putting feelings into words. Being somewhat local (about 20 minutes away or so) this situation has been jarring to say the least. I run county roads on a regular basis and work in the agriculture business, this just doesn't happen around here. Now it does. I was looking out at the fields around my house this morning at how the once peaceful corn fields are now menacing to me. What else can they be helping to hide? I continue to pray for Sierah's family and if there are links to other cases, I pray those families are able to find peace as well.

I just want to say that I have been a member of Websleuths for around seven years or so (usually lurking) and I have never followed a case with so many locals joining in. Thank you everyone for registering here and helping out on Sierah's behalf. We LOVE your perspective and participation! I am so sorry that it is under these horrific circumstances though. But thanks everyone for all you add to the conversation.....your knowledge is invaluable.

I'm about 8 pages behind, and trying to catch up. A certain person, who was at the courthouse today told me the following.

No photos were allowed in the building. Sorry I couldn't get a pic for you guys.

JDW waived the prelim on the abduction hearing' and agreed to be bound over to the grand jury on it.

He was arraigned on the murder charge and waived time on prelim hearing.

Next court is 8/18 @1PM.

Atty Powers has been appointed co-counselor, and Atty Schaeffer has asked to be removed from the case.

I myself don't fully understand the legal stuff, I am not educated and understand this legal stuff about as much as a head of cabbage would. This is info told to me by a certain person who was at the court today. I will not say any more about this post, and am going back to catching up. thanks.

I've been lurking here for the past several days.... trying to think of what I could say or how to word it. I'm not so good with putting feelings into words. Being somewhat local (about 20 minutes away or so) this situation has been jarring to say the least. I run county roads on a regular basis and work in the agriculture business, this just doesn't happen around here. Now it does. I was looking out at the fields around my house this morning at how the once peaceful corn fields are now menacing to me. What else can they be helping to hide? I continue to pray for Sierah's family and if there are links to other cases, I pray those families are able to find peace as well.

Welcome peachie21! Glad you joined us. Thank you for your heartfelt post!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about 8 pages behind, and trying to catch up. A certain person, who was at the courthouse today told me the following.

No photos were allowed in the building. Sorry I couldn't get a pic for you guys.

JDW waived the prelim on the abduction hearing' and agreed to be bound over to the grand jury on it.

Next court is 8/18 @1PM.

Atty Powers has been appointed co-counselor, and Atty Schaeffer has asked to be removed from the case.

I myself don't fully understand the legal stuff, I am not educated and understand this legal stuff about as much as a head of cabbage would. This is info told to me by a certain person who was at the court today. I will not say any more about this post, and am going back to catching up. thanks.

http://fcnews.org/news/4752/august-preliminary-hearing-set-for-worley

Next court is 8/18 @1PM.

RE: the bold text
So Shaffer has asked to be removed from the case, and so we'll see if co-counsel Powers is up to the case? Interesting.

UPDATE (edited) -- I see in another post from the Fulton County Expositor that Powers IS the guy that JDW asked for and said he'd come aboard for JDW since he's represented him for about 20 years. Sick.

July 16, 1994
5f433c9214a157cc4ea58c2ee64807cf.png

So similar to his previous crime!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is creepy similar! What are the odds of such a similar occurrence not that far away?!

How many serial killers are you aware of that strike at exactly the same time of year?
There is something to this and is an important part of his profile.

Personally, I just think it's because in the Midwest, there's more opportunity in the summertime. More women outside jogging or riding bikes or whatever than in cooler times of the year. Plus they are more likely out at dusk in the Summer than other seasons.

In the early 1970s I rode my bicycle all over creation in a NW Ohio county that adjoins Fulton County.

Not once did I ever feel unsafe. I loved the feeling of freedom and the joys of exploration that came with those miles. I've treasured those memories all of my life.

It is a sorrow that the area has been robbed by this guy of its sense of peace and safety.

Being about the same age as this guy, I can't help but wonder if I was ever in proximity to him in a gymnasium, at a football field/track, at a baseball diamond, at county fairs, etc.

A sense of creepiness for a time long ago -' nothing compared to what y'all in the area have had stolen from you.

What little comfort I have to offer is my knowing that the people of NW Ohio are genuinely salt-of-the-earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not well..he is in shock as is everyone. That will keep him going tho thru the funeral and such. He has strong and loving family around him and that includes Sierah's family. He is such a good young man. Those of you that pray, please pray for him

Prayers for you all!

I can't seem to find anything on Attny Powers. Anyone else? Are we allowed to sleuth him?

This has been his attorney that has represented him in all of his past events and has known him for a very long time years. I have not looked any further into him.

I see a Mark L. Powers in Wauseon Ohio, but don't see much about him. It looks like he had a couple of different websites set up, none of which are currently available.

<modsnip>

I hear about cases like this often but for some reason this case really bothered and grabbed me. I feel compelled to help in anyway I can and even though the things I post and contribute might not be the best in terms of knowledge, importance, etc. just trying to help brainstorm makes me feel like I am doing SOMETHING to help. I also live in Ohio (NE side) and I don't know any of the family/friends so I can't help much physically but I have been thinking of them constantly! I would never say there is a bright side to anything like this because there can't be but following this case has made me more aware of my surroundings and yesterday I took my elementary school aged daughter to Walmart and made her hold my hand the entire time we were in the store. There have been many stories this year of people stalking and attempting to abduct children at Walmart in Ohio. This case made me realize these things CAN happen to me. I also talked to her about what she should do if someone ever tried to kidnap her. Learning about the wonderful person Sierah was I know that if she could know that her story has helped keep other people safe she would smile like she is in the beautiful picture shared in this thread. We can't bring her back but we can make sure that she does not die in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea