Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCMEC released reconstructions an hour ago. They also stated she had a crown on one of her teeth, contrary to what other sources say. It looks great, yet I feel they made her look a bit too young.

As much as I think that the new reconstructions are wonderful and I hope they lead to someone recognizing BSG, I wish some of the reconstruction pictures would focus on the (her) original side profile picture as it shows her to look completely different from that angle, and I think it better shows her chiselled pointed nose and distance between the nose and the top lip - as well as the shape of her chin.

I have a friend who has a very similar side profile - her nose is prominent - its what defines her uniqueness.

Comparison below:

<modsnip>

ETA - Just another thought I wanted to add - In the original photos, BSG's eyebrows look as if they were recently plucked - on the brow bone you can distinguish that her eyebrows would have been much thicker. The fashion was for pencil thin eyebrows at the time.
I wonder if the (younger looking?) reconstructions might better suit what her brows look like before they were plucked thinly?

I remember theories being thrown around she could be Native or Hispanic, however these new reconstructions don't appear to me as showing that. Actually almost looks like myself but sun tanned.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

ETA - Just another thought I wanted to add - In the original photos, BSG's eyebrows look as if they were recently plucked - on the brow bone you can distinguish that her eyebrows would have been much thicker. The fashion was for pencil thin eyebrows at the time.
I wonder if the (younger looking?) reconstructions might better suit what her brows look like before they were plucked thinly?

That's a good thought. I have naturally very, very thick eyebrows (even thicker than model Cara Delevingne!) but I pluck them thinly like BG's and it really makes a HUGE difference in my face. Maybe this recon is close to how her high school friends remember her if she didn't pluck them, but only if they weren't that much thicker naturally.

ETA: I said the same thing about the side view of the recon yesterday...it is a distinctive feature for sure. One of my friends has a very pointed nose, like BG's, but you can't tell from the front, only from the side.

I remember theories being thrown around she could be Native or Hispanic, however these new reconstructions don't appear to me as showing that. Actually almost looks like myself but sun tanned.

I remember those theories, too. IIRC, were the theories of her being Native mostly based on her buckskin and hairstyle?

It might only be me, but I expected her hair and skin to be a tad bitdarker (her complexion was described as 'ruddy' so I was picturing a bit darker complexion). Obviously I haven't seen the color post-mortems, though, so I'll trust their depiction of the hair and skin.

When you guys say she looks "too young" in the new reconstructions, do you mean she looks younger than late teens?

I agree they should show her profile. Her nose and chin look very different from the side.

Perhaps the crown could have been performed after an injury. Maybe she had played sports, and that could have been the reason behind her scars.

When you guys say she looks "too young" in the new reconstructions, do you mean she looks younger than late teens?

I agree they should show her profile. Her nose and chin look very different from the side.

Yes, carbuff - to me, JMO, her original photos show a girl late teens 18+ up to a young woman of maybe 22. What I see in the reconstructions is possibly 13yo-15yo girl.

On a side note, I remember seeing the full facial photo of BSG first on Google images, and separately from the other photo. When I finally saw the profile picture of BSG I didn't realize it was the same girl, I thought it was another girl altogether. It took me a while to reconcile the two photographs.

ETA: No disrespect intended with changing the photo - for example purposes only.
I am not great at graphics - on the example below I have taken away the scaring and added the pigtail to the only side profile photograph of BSG available - I have also minimally relaxed the eyebrow and reduced some arching of the throat.
Between the 2 photographs, I still think that the black and white photo shows BSG to be slightly older than her depiction in the colour reconstruction, and look quite different in profile than front on.

<modsnip>

I think the reconstruction images look at least three or four years younger than the actual images of the deceased. In addition, though the recon images are very nicely done, I feel they don't represent the actual images as closely as CarlK's recon does.

She looks around 15-16 IMO, if I saw her walking around my high school I would guess her to be a sophomore. She looks my age but I don't think she was that young at all.

I am completely guessing of course, but I feel her to be around 23 years old.

Perhaps the crown could have been performed after an injury. Maybe she had played sports, and that could have been the reason behind her scars.

Buckskin Girl's crown was in conjunction with a root canal. So it probably wasn't an injury, it was more likely just an infected tooth.

She kinda looks like this girl to me based on the new reconstruction, but I doubt it's her considering this photo was taken years before bg's body was found, foreheads are different though. but who knows maybe bg was trying to be a model

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scpr/4424638247/in/album-72157623600695928/

There's a different picture of the same woman and I think I can see more of a resemblance there, especially if the blue eyes were from colored contacts!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scpr/4425404574/in/album-72157623600695928/lightbox/

Yeah, it's probably not her due to timing...but still, good eye ddg!

I really, really want to know if there were indications of a wedding ring on her finger. Like a tan line of the ring, or maybe swelling around the finger area (don't know if that would show up at autopsy, though). I think she was old enough to be married or engaged, though I could be wrong.

After rereading this thread multiple times and just trying to find all the information I can about Buckskin Girl online (which doesn't seem to be all that much), I am a staunch believer in the theory of domestic abuse. Obviously it could be any possible scenario, but it just seems to add up for me. This is a sequence of possible events in my mind:

- BG comes home from some outing. The average temperature in April 1981 in OH was around 60 IIRC, and I think a turtleneck and buckskin jacket might suffice in that weather. If not, she takes off her outer coat and also her shoes and socks before entering the house. Her partner sees her and, for whatever reason, a fight ensues. She threatens to inform someone (police, family, etc.) of the abuse she suffered at his hands. He strikes her severely, and she is knocked unconscious. In a fit of rage, he continues beating her and strangles her. Once he calms down, he realizes what he's done, and that she is now dead. He panics and waits a while before deciding what course of action to take. He decides to wait until the middle of the night, and then takes her body in his car. He decides to dump her body in Troy because it is rural, and she may not be linked to him there; he also may have had some familiarity with the location beforehand. When he returns to his hometown the following morning, he may have gone to work and appeared fatigued and distressed. He claimed his wife/girlfriend ran off and that he spent all night looking for her, trying to seem like the perfect man. He phones her family and tells his story. They go to LE with the story about her disappearance, and they explain that, seeing as she is over 18, a report cannot be filed.

Also, I was wondering if they could tell which came first, the blows to the head and neck or the strangulation?

Do any of you have any theories? I'm sure you do, I'd love to hear them :)

I really, really want to know if there were indications of a wedding ring on her finger. Like a tan line of the ring, or maybe swelling around the finger area (don't know if that would show up at autopsy, though). I think she was old enough to be married or engaged, though I could be wrong.

After rereading this thread multiple times and just trying to find all the information I can about Buckskin Girl online (which doesn't seem to be all that much), I am a staunch believer in the theory of domestic abuse. Obviously it could be any possible scenario, but it just seems to add up for me. This is a sequence of possible events in my mind:

- BG comes home from some outing. The average temperature in April 1981 in OH was around 60 IIRC, and I think a turtleneck and buckskin jacket might suffice in that weather. If not, she takes off her outer coat and also her shoes and socks before entering the house. Her partner sees her and, for whatever reason, a fight ensues. She threatens to inform someone (police, family, etc.) of the abuse she suffered at his hands. He strikes her severely, and she is knocked unconscious. In a fit of rage, he continues beating her and strangles her. Once he calms down, he realizes what he's done, and that she is now dead. He panics and waits a while before deciding what course of action to take. He decides to wait until the middle of the night, and then takes her body in his car. He decides to dump her body in Troy because it is rural, and she may not be linked to him there; he also may have had some familiarity with the location beforehand. When he returns to his hometown the following morning, he may have gone to work and appeared fatigued and distressed. He claimed his wife/girlfriend ran off and that he spent all night looking for her, trying to seem like the perfect man. He phones her family and tells his story. They go to LE with the story about her disappearance, and they explain that, seeing as she is over 18, a report cannot be filed.

Also, I was wondering if they could tell which came first, the blows to the head and neck or the strangulation?

Okay so what if instead of abuse by a partner, she still lived at home with a controlling abusive parent? I just can't understand why the parents aren't still out there trying to find her even if she was over 18 when she went missing. BG was in excellent physical condition, her teeth were well taken care of, and her good personal hygiene could also point to a perfectionist parent. As bizarre as it sounds, while reading your post I could picture her coming in with muddy shoes on her mom's spotless floors and mom losing it.

NCMEC shared the new reconstructions on their Facebook page. As of now she has approx 700 likes, 125 comments (including one woman who said she looks like a girl who she never saw again, was going to check yearbook), and over 1600 shares. Let's hope it picks up significantly like Jason Callahan.

NCMEC shared the new reconstructions on their Facebook page. As of now she has approx 700 likes, 125 comments (including one woman who said she looks like a girl who she never saw again, was going to check yearbook), and over 1600 shares. Let's hope it picks up significantly like Jason Callahan.

I saw that...am hoping something comes from that. She said that she called the school and they will dig the yearbook out from storage so she can look.

ETA: Currently 725 likes and 1,653 shares!

Okay so what if instead of abuse by a partner, she still lived at home with a controlling abusive parent? I just can't understand why the parents aren't still out there trying to find her even if she was over 18 when she went missing. BG was in excellent physical condition, her teeth were well taken care of, and her good personal hygiene could also point to a perfectionist parent. As bizarre as it sounds, while reading your post I could picture her coming in with muddy shoes on her mom's spotless floors and mom losing it.

That could also make sense for the report not being filed. Just "Oh, that silly girl ran off! I'm sure she'll turn up eventually!" or something of that nature. If she was on the younger end of the age range, this would be the more likely scenario, I think...I based the domestic abuse theory off her being old enough to have an abusive BF/husband that would isolate her from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member